• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Peter Panzerfaust #1, 2nd print is starting to do decent.

Cool cover, too...which reminds me, I cannot find the best/favorite modern covers thread, and search is not working too well. Can someone bump it if they are hot-linked to it or whatever you call it?

Peter Panzerfaust #1, 2nd print is starting to do decent.

Cool cover, too...which reminds me, I cannot find the best/favorite modern covers thread, and search is not working too well. Can someone bump it if they are hot-linked to it or whatever you call it?

Linky-poo :acclaim:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5538857&nt=25&fpart=1

PPz #1 2nd was impossible to find when it first came out. Not sure selling as a lot is the best way to go with peter panzerfaust....#1 by itself has sold for what some lots are going for 1-5. I think you're leaving quite a bit of potential money on the table doing it that way, consdering how low the print run is on the first few issues.

Edited by krighton

I just found a copy of PPz #1, 1st print today for cover. I'm thinking I might get a couple of the 2nd prints, too, since it looks like this has some legs.

I also found a copy of Shadowman with the black cover and slipcase for $5. Do you guys think this is a good long term investment? Or should I just get rid of it now? I noticed that these are supposed to be really limited.

PP#1 has a show coming, so its likely to keep rising. Variant covers tend to have a hot period, and then cool. I'd say sell shadowman and hang on to PP. if they are 9.8 slab worthy, both would benefit big time in price.

PP#1 has a show coming, so its likely to keep rising. Variant covers tend to have a hot period, and then cool. I'd say sell shadowman and hang on to PP. if they are 9.8 slab worthy, both would benefit big time in price.

I usually follow the same policy with variant covers, but some people are saying the Shadowman is limited to 500. I don't know how true that is, but if it is, then it might be an exception and go up in the long run.

I usually follow the same policy with variant covers, but some people are saying the Shadowman is limited to 500. I don't know how true that is, but if it is, then it might be an exception and go up in the long run.

Sell both now while they are smoking hot you will do very well with either. You roll the dice if you dont sell in the next few weeks. I dont see either staying hot for too long. No one ever times it perfect, but right now you will make out very well.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Your right it was dead. The small print run makes no difference. Only the BBC thing is pushing the price. It could explode or it could be a bad show that no one watches and the value will plummet. I side with the later and I say sell now while its hot.How much profit do you really need to make? Buy a book for $3 flip for $55 its a nice take. Or slab for $35ish and flip out for $100 or higher.

There is nothing about that book that makes me think its a long or mid term hold book. But, yes the print run was very tiny. Reading the book was painful for me and after 3 issues I gave up. Its definetly got its niche of fans, but I just dont think there are enough of them. My two cents

like someone said, PP is an adult comic, it reads, for me at least, like a Classics Illustrated. I enjoy that kind of read....but i'm sure it's not for everyone. It reads like a story that existed before it was in comic form (and i don't mean the Peter Pan slant), which is pretty rare in comics.

Edited by krighton

Okay, these might not be 'heating up' because they are well known but I thought this list could be those books that are listed in Moderns Most Expensive, Most Watched & Most Bids list because they are on fire and everyone seems eager to buy them.

• Harbinger #1 1:50 variant
  • Saga #1
  • Thief of Theives #1
  • Manhattan Projects #1
  • New X-Men #128
  • Batman #1
  • Amazing Spider-Man #361
  • Thanos Quest #1
  • Detective Comics #1
  • Y:The Last Man #1
  • New X-Men #128
  • Batman Adventures #12
  • Chew #1

And to the purpose of this thread here are some books that are starting to break out into more then $10 that are lesser known:

• Daredevil #2
  • Thief of Thieves #2
  • Uncanny X-Force #2
  • Elephantmen #18

As always, more can be found here.

Edited by whetteon

Thanos Final Threat has been selling very well.

It reprints Marvel Avengers Annual 7 and Marvel Two In One Annual 2. It is an all time Starlin classic. I think one of my LCS's is sold out now and the other only has a few copies left.

This book wont make huge money because its a reprint, but at least its a good sale thru for retailers and I think the first time those 2 issues have been reprinted together.

One of the few times Marvel has had a good idea.

Edited by Fastballspecial