• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I get really irked when people bump a books price up before it even hits shelves. For instance the Catwoman 13. I'm sure I won't be able to get to a store tomorrow because of school and I won't ever pay triple cover for a brand new DC book.

I get really irked when people bump a books price up before it even hits shelves. For instance the Catwoman 13. I'm sure I won't be able to get to a store tomorrow because of school and I won't ever pay triple cover for a brand new DC book.

Your LCS won't hold something for you or throw it in your box if you call them when they open? That is my plan. I have them holding 2 of everything related to DotF but I will be calling them just to be sure.

They got over 200 Batman 13s and I think they are only getting 20 or fewer Catwoman. (same w/ Batgirl last week and Red Hood.)

Your LCS won't hold something for you or throw it in your box if you call them when they open? That is my plan. I have them holding 2 of everything related to DotF but I will be calling them just to be sure.

They got over 200 Batman 13s and I think they are only getting 20 or fewer Catwoman. (same w/ Batgirl last week and Red Hood.)

+1 My LCS let's me adjust my pull list online so I can even do it at the last minute.

I also call other local shops that are always willing to hold books for me as long as they have them in stock

+1 My LCS let's me adjust my pull list online so I can even do it at the last minute.

I also call other local shops that are always willing to hold books for me as long as they have them in stock

if you dont mind me asking, what's your LCS?

Well there is mark up on them now but people in the UK can knock themselves out here

http://amazing-fantasy-comics.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=56320

We'll see how that one turns out. Paid for three, will immediately flip three and do it over again if it proves fruitful.

I have several LCS's I go to. I don't have a sub, as my buying is so off and on as a part worker/full time student. I guess I'll just try and call them tomorrow maybe and see if they'll hold a couple. It's just crazy when ebay sellers have books up for triple cover before it even ships.

if you dont mind me asking, what's your LCS?

Not at all. Collecterz Paradise in Pasadena, Ca

Forbidden Planet are utter tossers. Guaranteed the managers of each respective store will be buying up any spare issues and eBaying them for their own pockets, just like they do with variant issues.

Is the Red Hood book out tomorrow as well?

yes

The Red Hood title doesn't pick up the Death in the Family story line until issue #15 in December according to the checklist.

October only has Batman #13, Batgirl #13 and Catwoman #13.

November is the same titles as above and Suicide Squad #14

Then in December the flood gates open with 8 titles carrying the story line.

Edited by Red_Hood

Forbidden Planet are utter tossers. Guaranteed the managers of each respective store will be buying up any spare issues and eBaying them for their own pockets, just like they do with variant issues.

Moshkin - FP Scotland

Yep, the only decent thing about him is he actually starts his listings at a decentish price, or did anyway. I still don't agree with what they do though, giving customers no access whatsoever to variants at cover price whilst making a mint themselves.

I know the local FP manager round here does it as well but I don't know his eBay handle.

I've said this a few times but Batman and Robin #13 which is already out opens with the jokers face and the lines;

Batman: Damian

Daimian: What- is it the Joker?

Damian: No but 'm glad you're doing your homework on him

If people are interested in the story and not just the covers then this one is flying right under the radar.

Well I don't mind at all the limit to 1 per in general. It's fair enough :)

Catwoman 13 is pretty much a sell out over the pond. There are one or two local copies but nothing anywhere that will mail out; unless they got an early reorder in and that usually should have come in today already.