• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I have decided to pull Batman, Batgirl & Catwoman from the shelves.

So far this week it's been non stop trouble:

Non stop calls from "fans" that want to know how many they can buy.

Fake Comixology sub sign ups for qty of Batgirl & Catwoman only.

A confrontation yesterday with a guy that demanded to buy them all.

Other shops sending in straw men to buy copies.

It's just a pain in the .

Moving forward I'm offering them at cover price to anybody that signs up for the 24 part Death of the Family run. I think that's fair.

Second printings & the rest of the series will be available soon enough at cover price.

My shop only services a few hundred subscribers. They all got theirs.

Regular walk ins got Batman & Batgirl for six days.

It's not my responsibility to subsidize anyone's online enterprise.

aRM6f.jpg

I can only guess that they are employees or friends that are sent to competitors stores to purchase quantities of a title at cover to put on their own shelf at a higher price to take advantage of the craze.

It's the "oh shiz.. we only ordered 5 copies of Batgirl and we could have ordered 100 and sold them on the bay for $15 a pop... you.. go buy that other shops Batgirls and bring them to meeeee!" or something like that.. haha still early here.

A confrontation yesterday with a guy that demanded to buy them all.

Other shops sending in straw men to buy copies.

It's just a pain in the .

Wow... if I call a store for something I play by their rules or don't bother calling.

You will have to start selling it under the counter but only if you check all around you first for onlookers and give them a shifty wink as you do it :P

I know the purpose of this thread is profit rather than quality but has anyone actually read Batgirl 13???

I actually bought a copy from Comixology due to all the hype I read in this thread.

Not sure what the fuss is all about. I guess most buyers are jumping on the quick-flip band-wagon rather than looking for a good read.

Batman 13 on the other hand, was a great read.

>>I guess most buyers are jumping on the quick-flip band-wagon rather than looking for a good read.<<

Correct.

This is the CGC forums.

I'm here to talk modern speculation.

Traditionally good reads are discussed on fan forums.

I post about good reads on a ton of sites.

Edited by LarrysComics

It is interesting to note that the one store that I went to yesterday that still had copies of Batman #13 at $19.99 was only asking cover for the combo pack (only 1 copy left). They said their other location across the city still had more. Does anyone have numbers on how many copies of that version were printed relative to the die-cut one?

Also, has anyone seen a newsstand copy of #13 out yet?

I just picked up a Catwoman #13. Midtown Comics is (reasonably, I have to admit) limiting them one copy to a customer.

I'd expect the stores that don't do that are going to be cleaned out right away...

I have decided to pull Batman, Batgirl & Catwoman from the shelves.

Moving forward I'm offering them at cover price to anybody that signs up for the 24 part Death of the Family run. I think that's fair.

Second printings & the rest of the series will be available soon enough at cover price.

I guess I can't blame you, but ouch. 24 parts is a lot of books to commit to, and would put me out of the running for sure.

>>I guess most buyers are jumping on the quick-flip band-wagon rather than looking for a good read.<<

Correct.

This is the CGC forums.

I'm here to talk modern speculation.

Traditionally good reads are discussed on fan forums.

I post about good reads on a ton of sites.

Post the good reads. Nothing wrong with fuelling meritocracy. 2c

Forbidden Planet are utter tossers. Guaranteed the managers of each respective store will be buying up any spare issues and eBaying them for their own pockets, just like they do with variant issues.

Moshkin - FP Scotland

Is that right? I've bough quite a lot of stuff from him in the past. Had no idea. Makes sense now that you mention it, as he pretty much ONLY sells variants.

>>Sadly no one will care, but 2nd, 3rd and 4th printings of Bats 13 will be far lower then the first printing<<

Wrong.

Speculator / investors will NOT care..

Fans, readers absolutely will.

Edited by LarrysComics

I managed to snag Catwoman 13 x2, Red Hood 13 x1, WD103 Variant x1, Chew29 Variant x1, Batman13 x2

To be honest, I was surprised to get 2 of the Catwoman since they didn't seem to have many at all.

All the ones I got today should do good on ebay or at least it seems.

Gonna stash one of the Catwomans for a full set of diecuts.