• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

You guys don't realize that there is a My Little Pony Pop Culture Phenom going on right now...I thought it was just a young girls thing too but it's like Hello Kitty has gotten in the last few years....it is appealing to teenagers and college kids (male & female). There's a lot of current cool Pop Culture tapping into the My Little Pony world and vice/versa.

I think a lot of us realise it. Especially the ones with kids. I'd probably be on board with the MLP comic for more than a reading copy for the girls if it was done by Lauren Faust. That lady is amazing at what she does.

The people who couldn't care less about MLP should check out the shorts she did for Warner, they are very similar to MLP but feature Wonder Girl, Supergirl and Batgirl.

Way off topic here in an ebay thread :sorry:

I wonder how many Bronies are "Star Wars fan"...thus they could have a huge Katie Cook following, her Star Wars sketch cards bring hundreds if not thousand +. If those Bronies are crossover Star Wars fans then this will be a HUGE hit with them!

I won't buy my little pony ... it would make me feel too weird. I don't have any little girls to give the comics to and I don't buy comics to sell that I don't read/enjoy.

I think it's at least worth it to buy a regular variant of the comic for 4 bucks. You might like it, and if you don't burn it with fire.

For me, I'm a brony that's never collected anything in his life. I refuse to buy the MLP toys and things because what would I do with them. However, the show is amazing (at least to me) and I chose to go with the comic books to support the franchise. While I have no use for toys, comic books have their own story lines that stem off the show, which have entertainment value.

Another plus is I'm just beginning to see all this other comic book franchises that I am interested in. *Insert gateway drug/comic analogy here*

yeah, bronys confuse me. my wife sent me a link on that and i was kinda WTF?

with that said, the current version of the MLP cartoon is a lot less frilly/girly than the 80's version. my then 6 year old son was watching it without vomitting (he usually watches a lot of horrible violent stuff or endless repeats of phineas & pherb or fairy godparents...) and from what i saw of it when my eyes opened up for a bit from my couch coma, it was a kids cartoon that would appeal to 3 - 7 year olds of both genders.

with that double said, i won't be speculating on the book. if i see overstock in the bargain box i will probably buy it. what the heck.

My wife is totally confused, disgusted (yes, the same wife who sends me off for a pedicure once a year and let my son get his toe nails painted at the nail salon) and beffudled re: the existence of Bronys.

But when it comes to an adult male buying the comic, she was of the opinion: "well, you guys are comic collectors, what's weird about buying the comic?" (Unless you're using it to lure a 5 year old girl into your van...)

And that makes sense...I buy a lot of funny animal comics from the 30s - 70s that I would have no interest in reading (though some of the covers are appealing) because it's old and "collectible"...so why not this new comic? particularly the rarer variants? (not that i will, but i don't see a problem with it)...criminey, i have boxes of archies i never read and bought solely for the goofy covers.

I'll tell you what I told my 11 year old stepson: no guy ever bagged a girl by admitting he was a Bronie.

Then I gave him a couple books on Frazetta and told him that's what magic and fantasy is really about.

Can we all discuss this over in the actual modern thread for MLP. Are these heating up on eBay?

I'll tell you what I told my 11 year old stepson: no guy ever bagged a girl by admitting he was a Bronie.

Then I gave him a couple books on Frazetta and told him that's what magic and fantasy is really about.

I wasn't going to post anything else since, Mangbus really does have a point. But really Dr. Balls? Then again, I suppose you bag tons of women telling them your a comic book collector, huh? The point is your entitled to tell your stepson whatever you like, but that has to be the worse advice I have ever heard. If he really wants a girl, he should just be himself as score a girl that likes him for who he is. That's what a father should say to his son, why would a graphic artist tell his own son to be closed minded?

Anyway that's my two sense, I won't be posting anything else about the topic because this is not what the thread is for.

Cheers,

-Haywire

Can we all discuss this over in the actual modern thread for MLP. Are these heating up on eBay?

I wasn't going to post anything else since, Mangbus really does have a point. But really Dr. Balls? Then again, I suppose you bag tons of women telling them your a comic book collector, huh? The point is your entitled to tell your stepson whatever you like, but that has to be the worse advice I have ever heard. If he really wants a girl, he should just be himself as score a girl that likes him for who he is. That's what a father should say to his son, why would a graphic artist tell his own son to be closed minded?

Anyway that's my two sense, I won't be posting anything else about the topic because this is not what the thread is for.

Cheers,

-Haywire

:facepalm:

Your humor wasn't lost on me Dr.

Amazing Spider-Man #365 isn't necessarily heating up ebay "price-wise" but it looks like people are beginning to pick them up quickly based on the speculation that Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man 2099) may be the Spidey in Superior Spider-Man...or maybe it's just coincidence.

So any other moderns we should be on the lookout for?

Yeah - Peter Panzerfaust - it's flying.

Raws $100

slabbed 9.8 now $300+

New listings of slabs are on (not sold) for over $700.

Its bonkers.

Amazing Spider-Man #365 isn't necessarily heating up ebay "price-wise" but it looks like people are beginning to pick them up quickly based on the speculation that Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man 2099) may be the Spidey in Superior Spider-Man...or maybe it's just coincidence.

Yes, I believe Larry mentioned this rumor in one of his posts.

Raws $100

slabbed 9.8 now $300+

Its bonkers.

This is one that I wonder about, the book (to me) isn't anything spectacular - the concept, is great, but the book as a whole doesn't live up to its concept.

So IF the reader base is limited, can the Show hype keep the prices driving, or is it peaking now?

Raws $100

slabbed 9.8 now $300+

Its bonkers.

This is one that I wonder about, the book (to me) isn't anything spectacular - the concept, is great, but the book as a whole doesn't live up to its concept.

So IF the reader base is limited, can the Show hype keep the prices driving, or is it peaking now?

issue #1 was so completely underwhelming i couldn't be bothered to read #2

Raws $100

slabbed 9.8 now $300+

Its bonkers.

Thats the million $ question.

Prices are going up daily - and unusually there seems to be more European buyers/sellers about. I got a couple of copies from Holland.

With the BBC show,I think its probably going to be UK/Europe/Asia-Pacific driven with USA catching up with the show sometime afterwards.

Whats the time gap before European made shows appear on American TV?

Is it weeks or months or not really much at all?

The 2 big things in its favour its the tiny print-run and the fact that the shows producer worked on Sci-Fi favourites 'Torchwood' and 'Dr Who'.

Thats not a bad resume to have.

What do you think?

Raws $100

slabbed 9.8 now $300+

Its bonkers.

issue #1 was so completely underwhelming i couldn't be bothered to read #2

:takeit: