• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I always thought a couple of threads would work well.

Moderns that always sell well.

Ebay heating up thread

Modern Variant Thread

Modern Speculation Thread

This book is a pain to find

And So on. It would clear up the Heating Up Thread.

No offense, but doing this would all but ensure the Modern section would be nothing but talk about values and speculation. We have too little talk about the actual comics/art/stories as it is.

I always thought a couple of threads would work well.

Moderns that always sell well.

Ebay heating up thread

Modern Variant Thread

Modern Speculation Thread

This book is a pain to find

And So on. It would clear up the Heating Up Thread.

No offense, but doing this would all but ensure the Modern section would be nothing but talk about values and speculation. We have too little talk about the actual comics/art/stories as it is.

I completely disagree there though, its been that for a long time. There all types of threads on books here. Bedlam,Revival, Chew, No Place like Home and so on. The problem is the modern board is full of speculators like it or not. CBR is a better board just for comics/art and stories discussion. I was just trying to clear out one thread of some unrelated stuff. I understand your point though.

Phantom variant program details

Early for you guys.

my CGC board pals..

Gimme feedback.

http://conta.cc/R3GATK

I think its an excellent idea to drive sales to your stores. How will you address on the online portion? Will you guys allow them to sell them from the store's website as well? How will that be different then a Third Eye Variant they sell on ebay and their website?(Other then the design of the book itself.) It will be pushed by 20 stores correct?

Larry what an excellent way for you/store to get sketches or signatures on the back covers when you do conventions.You could even set up orders similar to fill for raw and slabbed copies as well.

It's unregulated price wise.

Each retailer can charge what the want.

I have ALWAYS sold my variants at cover price in shop. It's WHY I do it. It builds in store traffic.

I sell at market online.

Shop around.

I just gave you all 20 options.

Hey Larry,

I know you have done a number of in-store signings in the past. I assume you have ideas for future signings. When and if you do, have you considered bringing in a CGC facilitator for getting witnessed sigs and sketches? Particularly since it looks like there will be plenty of blank options available. This also could apply to the Woburn Warehouse shows.

I have indeed Sir.

My shops primary grader is Andrew Cretella.

He is well connected in such matters.

I have a couple of events in the works.

details here when available

Thanks

:popcorn: