• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Apparently Black Panther #23 is hitting the $15+ arena pretty solidly. So it was a book that came under the radar and may be something people are unaware of.

One actually sold for $30 with a BIN a few weeks ago.

This book has sold well for years. Very low print run. I actually loved Hudlin's run on that series as well. Deadpool fans and Panther completionists keep this book selling well.

i just sold some Hawkeye #2 for $18.50 each + shipping.

can't sell them here for $10 each

Analogy:

Ebay is full of sheep.....

CGC Forum is a wolf breeding pen......

for a book like that, which hasnt proven its worth or isnt going to make anyone money(buyin it at that price), better to sell to sheep instead of wolves....

Analogy:

for a book like that, which hasnt proven its worth or isnt going to make anyone money(buyin it at that price), better to sell to sheep instead of wolves....

+1

Analogy:

+1

sheep make me happy.

wolves don't share :(

Batgirl #13 is gonig up again, I sold 2x Batgirl one week after release and got ''just'' £12 for one copy, still good profit but expected more.

Yesterday I sold one copy for £15.50 and tommoror is ending another copy with £16.50...

Still got few copies but will wait another month what will happen...

Today was a nice day:

Picked up:

2 Hawkeye #2@ Cover Price

2 Hawkeye #3@Cover Price

2 What if Venom Possessed Deadpool @Cover price

Marvel Comic Groups: The Defenders #1

Flash #213

X-men #1 (King Size Special)

Flash #167

The Thing #1

(I got the last 5 for $20 ^_^ )

is it me or TWD comics going down a little? I've seen a few sales go cheaper than usual so i was just wondering about that.

Not just you... it's levelling off now after the frenzy that has been the last 6 months. There are still a lot of people wanting to sell or picking up what they can to flip, just not as many buyers as there was. Sales / views are slower.

is it me or TWD comics going down a little? I've seen a few sales go cheaper than usual so i was just wondering about that.

Not just you... it's levelling off now after the frenzy that has been the last 6 months. There are still a lot of people wanting to sell or picking up what they can to flip, just not as many buyers as there was. Sales / views are slower.

For what? The last week? The last month?

According to GPA the last 90 days has been the best ever for 9.8's all the way to 8.5's.

Combination of market correction and some sellers got greedy and overpriced their TWDs = lower sales.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Since the conversation is heading in this way. This is what was posted in the "losing steam" thread about the WD sales...doesn't look like they are slowing down.

Has nothing to with GA/SA vs Moderns.

And as far as WD 'losing steam', GPA says otherwise.

12 month average on 9.8's is at $1378 (72 copies) vs 90 day average up at $1720 (21 copies). Last sale at $1625 ($247 up over yearly avg) No slowing down there, looks like a major up turn.

9.6's are at $892 (67 copies) for the last 12 months compared to $1025 (17 copies) for the last 90 days. Last sale was $871 (down $21 whole $ from the yearly average)

Wouldn't call that losing steam.

9.4's are up for both 12 month and 90 day.

9.2's are up for both 12 month and 90 day.

9.0's and 8.5's the same.

In fact the only 'down' is a 9.8 remarked Tony Moore SS that sold for a $100 less.

Some of you modern guys may actually want to subscribe to the tools of the trade before making some of these bold proclamations.

Since the conversation is heading in this way. This is what was posted in the "losing steam" thread about the WD sales...doesn't look like they are slowing down.

90 day average up at $1720 (21 copies). Last sale at $1625

No slowing down there, looks like a major up turn.

$1025 (17 copies) for the last 90 days. Last sale was $871

Some of you modern guys may actually want to subscribe to the tools of the trade before making some of these bold proclamations.

orly.jpg

Analogy:

+1

once in a blue moon you can sell for going rate here on something like this even factoring in the minimum 10% discount you should probably be selling for here to offset for the fees you don't have to pay, etc. but it's pretty rare.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

orly.jpg

not to mention, i would assume all prices realized in the last 10 or so days would be lower due to Sandy. at least according to chuck at mile high, all the best comic collectors are in NY, NJ and PA and you do indeed have a lot of finance types that usually have money to spend, but who might be stressed out right now because their BMW got flooded and their beach house out on the shore was demolished. I'd be stressed out too. In fact, I haven't bought a comic in two fridays.

Umm-- there's also be a horrible hurricane wreaking havoc on half the country. Might affect buying trends and priorities.

I have been tracking Walking Dead cgcs and raws since season 3 began,and that was long before the storm. Ebay has been flooded with Walking Dead comics since season 3 began. It`s a good time to be a buyer right now. I think what happened was everybody at once all played the same game to sell when season 3 premiered.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur