• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

oh, it looks like others have already made the same genius observation i did. sorry.

while normally being a shut-in might result in more on-line purchasing, when one is wothout power, phones, internet access or generally terrified, not so much so.

Since the conversation is heading in this way. This is what was posted in the "losing steam" thread about the WD sales...doesn't look like they are slowing down.

Has nothing to with GA/SA vs Moderns.

And as far as WD 'losing steam', GPA says otherwise.

90 day average up at $1720 (21 copies). Last sale at $1625

No slowing down there, looks like a major up turn.

$1025 (17 copies) for the last 90 days. Last sale was $871

Wouldn't call that losing steam.

Some of you modern guys may actually want to subscribe to the tools of the trade before making some of these bold proclamations.

orly.jpg

Yes, really.

The 90 day average is trumped up due to a $2,695 sale from the end of September - most of the sales within the last 3 months have been in the $1,500-1,600 range :gossip:

Chuck is right on the money - there may be a market correction coming for WD #1 at some time in the future, but it's certainly not here yet.

Since the conversation is heading in this way. This is what was posted in the "losing steam" thread about the WD sales...doesn't look like they are slowing down.

Some of you modern guys may actually want to subscribe to the tools of the trade before making some of these bold proclamations.

orly.jpg

You're making your statement based on one sale of two different grades?

Panic in the marketplace!!!

idk if this is still considered heating up but i sold two lots of

Batman 13, catwoman 13 and batgirl 13 for $42 ( that includes shipping)

I wish I had those kind of results. I had an auction end for Batman 13 and Batgirl 13 for $14.50. I can't seem to get on this Death Of the Family selling bandwagon.

I tried to sell Batgirl, Batman, Catwoman, and Red Hood for $44 - no takers.

orly.jpg

Yes, really.

The 90 day average is trumped up due to a $2,695 sale from the end of September - most of the sales within the last 3 months have been in the $1,500-1,600 range :gossip:

Chuck is right on the money - there may be a market correction coming for WD #1 at some time in the future, but it's certainly not here yet.

Michael, you're talking facts to a person who argued with me that WD #1 is 'rare', due to the definition of the word 'rare' being subjective. :screwy:

Michael, you're talking facts to a person who argued with me that WD #1 is 'rare', due to the definition of the word 'rare' being subjective. :screwy:

no, i spoke in defense of someone who was offended by another boardie mocking his comment. I pointed out the term rare is subjective (and has no numerical value, only a relative one). He retracted his comment and the thread moved on.

Later on, you jumped in to prove my actual point, which was that as soon as the word rare gets used, people start to argue. I actually posted, and have always held the view, that no modern comic (or copper or bronze comic) is rare.

As for your GPA post. You compared the 90 day average to the current year average, then conveniently bait-n-switched to comparing the most recent sale to LAST YEAR's price.

If you werent being rude to other board members, I wouldnt have quoted it. But since you were, i quoted you, and cut away the rest of it, just leaving your comments as they stood, immediately following numbers that completely contradicted what you said.

At the very least, the most recent sales are well below the 90 day average (as a percentage). At the most, the 90 day average is trending down to those current values.

Only more data points will reveal the answer. But, as I also pointed out, not all sales are equal. GPA uses multiple sources for sales figures, some which include buyer premiums, and some that dont. Also BuyItNow auctions cannot hold equal weight to auctions where people bid (when looking at ebay data). Instead of calling other people n00bs, and then posting data in a deceptive way....why not just present the facts without the drama.

You obviously like to argue, and I dont. So say what you want, but you just come across like a guy who's overpaid for WD comics and wants to attack anyone who even discusses the idea that market values dont go straight up, and move around. i'm done on the subjects of WD trends, and rarity. At least if you are going to keep arguing by yourself, read what other people actually wrote.

Edited by CBT

Can we confine "the WD No. 1(s) I have are worth a million dollars" v. "the WD No. 1(s) I sold aren't worth mess" debate to the other forum please? I'd really appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else would as well. Thanks!

no, i spoke in defense of someone who was offended by another boardie mocking his comment. I pointed out the term rare is subjective (and has no numerical value, only a relative one). He retracted his comment and the thread moved on.

Later on, you jumped in to prove my actual point, which was that as soon as the word rare gets used, people start to argue. I actually posted, and have always held the view, that no modern comic (or copper or bronze comic) is rare.

Wrong. In the context of comic books, WD #1 isn't rare. Not by any normal definition. It's you who is arguing it CAN be because the word 'rare' is 'subjective'.

As for your GPA post. You compared the 90 day average to the current year average, then conveniently bait-n-switched to comparing the most recent sale to LAST YEAR's price.

Wrong. Get a subscription to GPA and maybe you'll know what you're talking about.

If you werent being rude to other board members, I wouldnt have quoted it. But since you were, i quoted you, and cut away the rest of it, just leaving your comments as they stood, immediately following numbers that completely contradicted what you said.

Wrong. See above.

At the very least, the most recent sales are well below the 90 day average (as a percentage). At the most, the 90 day average is trending down to those current values.

Wrong. Last 5 sales average $1591. The last 10 sales average $1587. Both higher than the yearly average.

The 90 day average is skewed by one huge sale, and two bigger than average sales. Neither happened in the last 10 sales.

Same amount of transactions in this quarter as in each previous quarter of the year.

If you had GPA you could see this. It's all so CLEAR.

Prognosis by anyone with at least half a clue: NOT cooling off.

Only more data points will reveal the answer.

I had this spirited discussion here on the forum in the fall of 2010 and 2011. I ended up being right. I'll say now what I said then: "This book has legs."

But, as I also pointed out, not all sales are equal. GPA uses multiple sources for sales figures, some which include buyer premiums, and some that dont. Also BuyItNow auctions cannot hold equal weight to auctions where people bid (when looking at ebay data).

noob.

Instead of calling other people n00bs, and then posting data in a deceptive way....why not just present the facts without the drama.

Wrong. No drama in these facts. Just because you don't understand them, doesn't mean they're 'full of drama'.

You obviously like to argue, and I dont.

Wrong. That's why you're here arguing.

So say what you want, but you just come across like a guy who's overpaid for WD comics and wants to attack anyone who even discusses the idea that market values dont go straight up, and move around.

Wrong. My first one I bought for 40% off of cover. Ended up selling it for $500. My second one was free, after selling the collection I bought it as a part of. Came back a double signed 9.6 SS. Still own it.

Think I'm in the black there.

i'm done on the subjects of WD trends, and rarity.

Prognosis says: Doubtful.

At least if you are going to keep arguing by yourself, read what other people actually wrote.

Good one. :eyeroll:

Wrong. In the context of comic books, WD #1 isn't rare. Not by any normal definition. It's you who is arguing it CAN be because the word 'rare' is 'subjective'.

Wrong. Get a subscription to GPA and maybe you'll know what you're talking about.

Wrong. See above.

Wrong. Last 5 sales average $1591. The last 10 sales average $1587. Both higher than the yearly average.

The 90 day average is skewed by one huge sale, and two bigger than average sales. Neither happened in the last 10 sales.

Same amount of transactions in this quarter as in each previous quarter of the year.

If you had GPA you could see this. It's all so CLEAR.

Prognosis by anyone with at least half a clue: NOT cooling off.

Only more data points will reveal the answer.

I had this spirited discussion here on the forum in the fall of 2010 and 2011. I ended up being right. I'll say now what I said then: "This book has legs."

But, as I also pointed out, not all sales are equal. GPA uses multiple sources for sales figures, some which include buyer premiums, and some that dont. Also BuyItNow auctions cannot hold equal weight to auctions where people bid (when looking at ebay data).

noob.

Instead of calling other people n00bs, and then posting data in a deceptive way....why not just present the facts without the drama.

Wrong. No drama in these facts. Just because you don't understand them, doesn't mean they're 'full of drama'.

You obviously like to argue, and I dont.

Wrong. That's why you're here arguing.

So say what you want, but you just come across like a guy who's overpaid for WD comics and wants to attack anyone who even discusses the idea that market values dont go straight up, and move around.

Wrong. My first one I bought for 40% off of cover. Ended up selling it for $500. My second one was free, after selling the collection I bought it as a part of. Came back a double signed 9.6 SS. Still own it.

Think I'm in the black there.

i'm done on the subjects of WD trends, and rarity.

Prognosis says: Doubtful.

At least if you are going to keep arguing by yourself, read what other people actually wrote.

Good one. :eyeroll:

Yes, really.

Does a WD 1 really sold for $2695???????

As much as I understand how popular WD is, this is crazy

Umm-- there's also be a horrible hurricane wreaking havoc on half the country. Might affect buying trends and priorities.

I have been tracking Walking Dead cgcs and raws since season 3 began,and that was long before the storm. Ebay has been flooded with Walking Dead comics since season 3 began. It`s a good time to be a buyer right now. I think what happened was everybody at once all played the same game to sell when season 3 premiered.

Speaking of Walking Dead and Sandy and flooding, the Walking Dead 63 I bought off ebay got water damage in transit. The book was poorly packed and water got into the bag and board.

The envelope it was in wasn't even padded.

I wish I had those kind of results. I had an auction end for Batman 13 and Batgirl 13 for $14.50. I can't seem to get on this Death Of the Family selling bandwagon.

The Joker is just getting started. Once we see what he has up his sleeve the books may really take off.

The Joker is just getting started. Once we see what he has up his sleeve the books may really take off.

Yup. I'd give it a month based on the numbers game too. Let ebay burn through another 100-150 Barman and Catwoman 13 listings. There is a lot out there.

Yes, really.

Does a WD 1 really sold for $2695???????

As much as I understand how popular WD is, this is crazy

A 9.9 sold for $7,200.......

9.8's - 8.5's are going to rocket due to this season of the Show.

Make up for the horrendous impending Chew losses...