• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I found some modern comics heating up that I think are still slightly under the radar.

This list brought to you by The Lyria Comic Exchange! Check it out. :grin:

FYI :

Summer of Valiant is a $20 convention book [1000 print run] so $17.50 would be a $2.50 loss [although its over $20 now looking at your link]

Just a heads up if you didnt know

I found some modern comics heating up that I think are still slightly under the radar.

This list brought to you by The Lyria Comic Exchange! Check it out. :grin:

FYI :

Summer of Valiant is a $20 convention book [1000 print run] so $17.50 would be a $2.50 loss [although its over $20 now looking at your link]

Just a heads up if you didnt know

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Mondo 1 is a fake first appearance peter panzerfaust, it was green wake 7 released in november 2011, dont know why they call mondo 1 first pp. heres a ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-WAKE-7-First-Appearance-of-Peter-Panzerfaust-NOT-Mondo-1-Image-Comics-/380521562970?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5898da435a

Edited by HAPPY

Mondo 1 is a fake first appearance peter panzerfaust, it was green wake 7 released in november 2011, dont know why they call mondo 1 first pp. heres a ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-WAKE-7-First-Appearance-of-Peter-Panzerfaust-NOT-Mondo-1-Image-Comics-/380521562970?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5898da435a

No disrespect but this listing makes me laugh because it's like a little kid whining saying, hey my book has the first appearance, not Mondo 1. lol

No disrespect but this listing makes me laugh because it's like a little kid whining saying, hey my book has the first appearance, not Mondo 1. lol

:roflmao:

Is it whining if what he's saying is true though? It could just be that he is trying to educate people while trying to sell a book.

It's more helpful to post facts, new references, etc. From both a persuasive rhetorical, marketing and linguistics stand point that it just plain more effective advocacy. I personally couldn't care less about Peter Pazerfaust's cameo, but I do know the rules for winning debates/conversations with people who aren't equipped with information or facts. .

It's why I sat on Locke & Key's first appearance book for actually years. I wasn't because I was worried the premium would go up (I had something like 20 Doctor Who Classics #2 hoarded since a week after buying my first L&K slab). I just wasn't sure with the high volume of preview books to it (14 books, 26 or something actually because of the variant factor). Once I was sure it was the one, I released the imformation as soon as I could in the L&K thread and watched a dollar book sell for a minor premium here and there (I actually gave away six raws for free in a thread too. I'm not a good speculator lol ). To this day no one has proven me wrong on it, but I included facts (release dates) too from a lot of hard work researching.

That's actually my Green Wake on ebay he linked to. I am just trying to educate people who may have paid $15+ for Mondo simply because they thought it was first appearance of PP. If that's the only reason that Mondo is a hot book, then it's all based on bunk.
Which is very important why you have to do your homework. I saw retailers on eBay and abroad claim Locke & Key first appeared in Angel: After The Fall #3, Speed Racer #1 and the Doctor Who #1 relaunch, not realizing it actually appeared weeks earlier in under ordered books that barely broke 2K (Doctor Who Classics #2, Cory Doctorow #4, Snaked #2, Zipper #3, Badger #2, etc.). These are basically books they didn't order and didn't even know existed. Another cool thing that can help re-educate buyers is if the preview has different art than the finished book, misspelled words or a low print run. Study those panels. lol

Just goes to show how uninformed a lot of ebayers are. Just do a simple google search and you'll discover, rather easily, that Mondo 1 actually came out one week AFTER panzerfaust 1 was released. So the truth is, Mondo 1 is really the second appearance of panzerfaust. The ppl who bought Mondo 1 will be feeling like the folks who invested in Enron stock pretty soon.

That's actually my Green Wake on ebay he linked to. I am just trying to educate people who may have paid $15+ for Mondo simply because they thought it was first appearance of PP. If that's the only reason that Mondo is a hot book, then it's all based on bunk.
Which is very important why you have to do your homework. I saw retailers on eBay and abroad claim Locke & Key first appeared in Angel: After The Fall #3, Speed Racer #1 and the Doctor Who #1 relaunch, not realizing it actually appeared weeks earlier in under ordered books that barely broke 2K (Doctor Who Classics #2, Cory Doctorow #4, Snaked #2, Zipper #3, Badger #2, etc.). These are basically books they didn't order and didn't even know existed. Another cool thing that can help re-educate buyers is if the preview has different art than the finished book, misspelled words or a low print run. Study those panels. lol

I just report books heating up. Glad you guys explain to me that all the buyers on eBay are wrong about this. (thumbs u