• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I've been thinking..

Enjoy this moment right now guys. I don't think this is going to last. Once the sharks smell this blood and con season starts.. There is going to be so many ordering and image #1's in bulk anything new is going to be very available.

Last year at SDCC I was looking for a image hack/slash #1. I could only find one booth, after a long hunt, that had a copy. I'm thinking this year we will see a lot more dealers with moderns.

agreed. Image #1's were the things to pick up last year, not this year. There are no SAGAH's being released this year.

I've been thinking..

Enjoy this moment right now guys. I don't think this is going to last. Once the sharks smell this blood and con season starts.. There is going to be so many ordering and image #1's in bulk anything new is going to be very available.

Last year at SDCC I was looking for a image hack/slash #1. I could only find one booth, after a long hunt, that had a copy. I'm thinking this year we will see a lot more dealers with moderns.

agreed. Image #1's were the things to pick up last year, not this year. There are no SAGAH's being released this year.

Akin to a thought I was having with all of the Image "hot"-ness of late.

Was 2012 just a great year for new series, or was there a similar spike for 2010 or 2011 new titles that eventually died as a series went on and/or more copies went to market?

Exactly.

Which again shows why speculation isn't always looked at as a good thing by creators.

"You're making money off hoarded copies of our book, making it more difficult for people to discover? Great. No wonder we can't break a 5000 print run."

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

last year the talk was there would be a massive flood of Saga CGC/SS after BKV's con and it would kill the price...there's been copies out there but no monsoon like predicted. Some people may actually be keeping their copies for their collections, at least for now.

Exactly.

Which again shows why speculation isn't always looked at as a good thing by creators.

"You're making money off hoarded copies of our book, making it more difficult for people to discover? Great. No wonder we can't break a 5000 print run."

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

I disagree. Some of the series that I buy on a monthly basis were books that I didn't start getting into until the buzz started. It's similar to a show that has a small following and takes awhile to build an audience.

Exactly.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

I disagree. Some of the series that I buy on a monthly basis were books that I didn't start getting into until the buzz started. It's similar to a show that has a small following and takes awhile to build an audience.

That sounds like me too... I can see it both ways.

Exactly.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

That sounds like me too... I can see it both ways.

+1

The census for Saga hasn't moved up much in the last couple months so I suspect eventually more will flood out.

The spike started last week of December, and the 1st week of January. Mid to late february will see a huge spike of slabbed books. But that's not a bad thing, books that are valuable have more slab copies, it shows people are willing to invest the fees in them.

I've been thinking..

I disagree! It's a little premature to state that somehow Image is done releasing quality books/stories. Saga IS a GREAT book but it's not the ONLY good book out by Image at this moment nor does it mark the end of great books for the coming year. At least there is a company out there that not only cares about the quality of the stories but also what they choose to print the material upon. 2c

At least there is a company out there that not only cares about the quality of the stories but also what they choose to print the material upon. 2c

Don't get me started on page quality of DC/Marvel. When the world ends and the stores are raped of food and toilet paper... let's just say I won't be eating my few Marvel's and DC's.

Exactly.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

Not only that, but the series can be discovered both digitally and in tpb form.

And, if the book is good, and selling, then retailers should be adjusting orders.

I've been thinking..

I disagree! It's a little premature to state that somehow Image is done releasing quality books/stories. Saga IS a GREAT book but it's not the ONLY good book out by Image at this moment nor does it mark the end of great books for the coming year. At least there is a company out there that not only cares about the quality of the stories but also what they choose to print the material upon. 2c

Agree. Three weeks into 2013, it's a bit early to say we won't see any great books from Image.

I've been thinking..

Agree. Three weeks into 2013, it's a bit early to say we won't see any great books from Image.

whoa whoa whoa. lets not confuse "great books" with "valuable books" they arent always one in the same lol