• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

of course time will tell, but *I* dont see "another SAGAH" coming out in 2013

does that mean that there is no money to be made on others? of course not. plenty of things to be moved on eBay (see what i did there ;)

I going "all in" on SLAVE GIRL #1 (Saga's first spin off)

:jokealert:

of course time will tell, but *I* dont see "another SAGAH" coming out in 2013

does that mean that there is no money to be made on others? of course not. plenty of things to be moved on eBay (see what i did there ;)

I going "all in" on SLAVE GIRL #1 (Saga's first spin off)

:jokealert:

CHAPTER FOUR!!! :banana:

Here are some books worth noting:

Witch Blade #1/2 @ $12+ & 4 bids.

Nowhere Men #1 @ $13+ & 4 bids.

Adventure Time #1 @ $20 & 2 bids.

Futurama #1 Con Variant @ $20 & 6 bids.

Uncanny X-Men #221 & 222 @ $21+ & 11 bids.

Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying @ $23 & 9 bids.

Y : The Last Man #1 @ $46 & 7 bids.

More Weird Comics Heating Up Found Here.

I've been thinking..

Enjoy this moment right now guys. I don't think this is going to last. Once the sharks smell this blood and con season starts.. There is going to be so many ordering and image #1's in bulk anything new is going to be very available.

Last year at SDCC I was looking for a image hack/slash #1. I could only find one booth, after a long hunt, that had a copy. I'm thinking this year we will see a lot more dealers with moderns.

agreed. Image #1's were the things to pick up last year, not this year. There are no SAGAH's being released this year.

I disagree! It's a little premature to state that somehow Image is done releasing quality books/stories. Saga IS a GREAT book but it's not the ONLY good book out by Image at this moment nor does it mark the end of great books for the coming year. At least there is a company out there that not only cares about the quality of the stories but also what they choose to print the material upon. 2c

Agree. Three weeks into 2013, it's a bit early to say we won't see any great books from Image.

whoa whoa whoa. lets not confuse "great books" with "valuable books" they arent always one in the same lol

OK. Three weeks into 2013, it's a bit early to say we won't see any valuable books from Image. :grin:

insanity... the "SAGA effect" is hitting PP and Mahattan Projects too (Note: MP 9.8 slabs were selling between $65 and $85 in December, last sale was around $260 - w h a t i s h a p p e n i ng - not that I am complaining).

Exactly.

Which again shows why speculation isn't always looked at as a good thing by creators.

"You're making money off hoarded copies of our book, making it more difficult for people to discover? Great. No wonder we can't break a 5000 print run."

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

I disagree. Some of the series that I buy on a monthly basis were books that I didn't start getting into until the buzz started. It's similar to a show that has a small following and takes awhile to build an audience.

Not only that, but the series can be discovered both digitally and in tpb form.

And, if the book is good, and selling, then retailers should be adjusting orders.

Yes, but we're obsessive about comics. We'll find a way if we want to read something bad enough.

For the industry to grow, beyond just us obsessive dorks trying to keep it propped up, the average Joe needs to be able to walk into a LCS and find that comic he's been hearing about.

By issue 3 or 4, there is no tpb, and digital comics are something that are still a niche for people who already regularly collect.

If a regular BOOK gets a write up in the USA Today, you can go into your local bookstore and find a copy or go on Amazon and find a copy and pay a normal, usually discounted price to buy it and read it.

If a comic gets a write up in USA Today, that thing will be nowhere to be found, or expensive to purchase.

That doesn't bring in new readers.

And that's what this hobby needs.

I've been thinking..

Enjoy this moment right now guys. I don't think this is going to last. Once the sharks smell this blood and con season starts.. There is going to be so many ordering and image #1's in bulk anything new is going to be very available.

Last year at SDCC I was looking for a image hack/slash #1. I could only find one booth, after a long hunt, that had a copy. I'm thinking this year we will see a lot more dealers with moderns.

agreed. Image #1's were the things to pick up last year, not this year. There are no SAGAH's being released this year.

I disagree! It's a little premature to state that somehow Image is done releasing quality books/stories. Saga IS a GREAT book but it's not the ONLY good book out by Image at this moment nor does it mark the end of great books for the coming year. At least there is a company out there that not only cares about the quality of the stories but also what they choose to print the material upon. 2c

Agree. Three weeks into 2013, it's a bit early to say we won't see any great books from Image.

whoa whoa whoa. lets not confuse "great books" with "valuable books" they arent always one in the same lol

OK. Three weeks into 2013, it's a bit early to say we won't see any valuable books from Image. :grin:

I'm not saying there won't be quality books. I'm saying its easy to order 100+ copies for well under cover. I think this will happen with every new image title out there. No more small print runs on #1's. And these mass purchases are for flipping only so the market will be flooded from here on out.

I'm not saying there won't be quality books. I'm saying its easy to order 100+ copies for well under cover. I think this will happen with every new image title out there. No more small print runs on #1's. And these mass purchases are for flipping only so the market will be flooded from here on out.

Your theory is sound except for the multiple #1 trainwrecks that happened in the past two years (you know which titles). I only jump on board with a title I like personally.

MP is probably the one book i regret not reading

You did not just say that...

FOR YOU

No can do. TPB are for series that were before my time.

What about your dead trades??? meh

Dead started in 2003. i started in 2012. you missed the "before my time" part, eh? lol

Excuses, excuses... I'll tell Santa to bring you one for Christmas. :acclaim:

insanity... the "SAGA effect" is hitting PP and Mahattan Projects too (Note: MP 9.8 slabs were selling between $65 and $85 in December, last sale was around $260 - w h a t i s h a p p e n i ng - not that I am complaining).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=manhattan+projects+9.8++1+-2+-3+-4+-5&_sacat=0&_odkw=manhattan+projects+9.8++1+-2&_sop=13&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1

that is quite the aberration, I'm happy for the people holding it, but continue to count me out on that one, i dont believe in it. But, I am long the advocate of the Auction over the BIN.

Ebay Auctions are the closest thing to a free market for comics, and give the best "instantaneous" data on a books values. (gpa better for trends and smoothing out the noise).

I want to see more people willing to go that high on it before i am a believer. Saga is showing strong support for the $200 level for quality runs, and slightly more than that for #1 9.8s.

Seems like a lot of people are starting to chase the "next saga", as much as they/we chase the next walking dead. PP is clearly following on the saga coattails as 2013s second big climber. I think everyone is afraid of missing out, and it starts to be self fulfilling on any book the spotlight turns too.