• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

There have been a lot of discussion about lackluster art on some of the more popular books.

Peter Panzelfaust, Chew, Manhattan Projects, etc....and while I agree some of the art isn't up to more mainstream artists, I think writing is far more important than art.

Look at South Park, The Simpsons, Far Side, Calvin & Hobbes, etc.....None of these have the visual appeal of a Neal Adams book or a Brian Bolland or a Frazetta painting, yet they are captivating for the sheer brilliance of the writing.

Peter Panzerfaust! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 - FULL SET! VF/NM FIRST PRINTING:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111002799843?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

SOLD @ $330.00 ^^^

Peter Panzerfaust #1, Ultra High Grade, 1st Printing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281053738017?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

SOLD @ $238.27 ^^^

Peter Panzerfaust 1-8 first prints VF-NM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290849592754?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

SOLD @ $310.00 ^^^

There have been a lot of discussion about lackluster art on some of the more popular books.

Peter Panzelfaust, Chew, Manhattan Projects, etc....and while I agree some of the art isn't up to more mainstream artists, I think writing is far more important than art.

Look at South Park, The Simpsons, Far Side, Calvin & Hobbes, etc.....None of these have the visual appeal of a Neal Adams book or a Brian Bolland or a Frazetta painting, yet they are captivating for the sheer brilliance of the writing.

I have to say that Bill Watterson would nail it time and time again when he was drawing a jet, or dinosaurs. Or dinosaurs in jets =) . Sorry to digress.

i like the art in Prophet, not a ton of dialogue in that comic.

Man, that is such a good book. Think it will ever heat up eBay? Small print run now. Wish more people would check it out. I recommend it all the time.

I have to say that Bill Watterson would nail it time and time again when he was drawing a jet, or dinosaurs. Or dinosaurs in jets =) . Sorry to digress.

I would give away every comic I owned for a piece of original Bill Watterson art that was Calvin and Hobbes related.

Edited by Pike's Comics

I would give away every comic I owned for a piece of original Bill Watterson art that was Calvin and Hobbes related.

Me too, in a heartbeat.

It's always fun to see raws going for nearly twice what you've sold 9.8 slabs for less than six months ago.... Insanity. I know I can't say anything. I'm sure there are tons of stories where people were selling TWD #1 for $25 back in the day and thought that was high. lol

I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable slab bump that's coming down the pike. There's no way the slabs are going to stay at their current value when folks are paying almost an equivalent amount for raws. Get ready for the standard $600 blue 9.8s and the $1000 SS 9.8s. And I thought I was getting ripped at like $60-70 for #1 when I pulled the trigger....lol. Thank Christ I already have one in the pipeline at the CGC.