• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Posted also in the PP thread but...

Hope you folks don't mind the recap of the most recent PP sales:

Peter Panzerfaust #1 First Print VF/NM signed Kurtis J. Wiebe & Tyler Jenkins: SOLD @ $207.51 [13 Bids]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251216352122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust # 1 First Print VF/NM signed Kurtis J. Wiebe & Tyler Jenkins: SOLD @ $230.27 [11 Bids]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251216354495?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust #1 First Print, Unread, NM Condition: SOLD @ $232.69 [18 Bids]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330862373457?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust 1 first print + 2 3 4 5 6 7 & 8 complete run: SOLD @ $392.00 [25 Bids]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350700516743?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PETER PANZERFAUST #1 2 3 4 5 Set / All 1st Prints!: SOLD @ $399.95 [bIN]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140911020515?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PETER PANZERFAUST #1 CGC 9.8 VERY RARE!!: SOLD @ $500.00 [17 Bids]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130837954067?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust #1 first print image comics: SOLD @ 275 (BEST OFFER NOT DISCLOSED)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160964184885?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Whether your a fan or a hater, these aftermarket sales speak volumes for themselves.

Although I don't know how "modern" this book is can anyone tell me just how "rare" or "hot" this book actually is:

Shadowman Good, Bad & the Ugly variant

Lots of people asking $100 to $250 for it but not many biters - I found one sale for $99.95. I came across a pile of about 50-60 Shadowman's from Vol 1 & 2 up to the last Acclaim issue - #43 of which there were multiple copies. I'm wondering if this series is dead or if it still has some legs under it. Maybe I'll just throw all of them up in one big batch and see what happens hm

:idea: Maybe I need my Valiant Advisor again....Bosco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sold sharp SM 43s for ~$20 pretty recently. 43 is the last Valiant issue, not acclaim.

The Acclaim volume 2s do not have much of a following. The GBU variant is actually Vol 3. I am a buyer of 9.8 candidates but that's just not going to happen. I have a CGC 9.something and a raw copy so I'd just be looking to upgrade. They will sell on valiantfans.com at the right price. In general, the Vol 3 are more interesting than the Vol 2. The Vol 3 #6 is a tough book. They are all thick and not easy finds above 9.4.

Shadowman 2 Good, Bad and the Ugly (GBU) is a hard book to find. There isn't a lot of demand, but there also isn't a lot of supply, which is why it is about a $100 book. There are a few other books from the Acclaim runs (volumes 2 and 3) that get pricey as well.

CGC 9 total graded blue, none yellow, and the highest grade is a 9.6. Seems pretty wide open for a flyer on a high grade raw with the hopes of ending up with a 9.8.

It is our experience in the Valiant world that with these Acclaim books the best you can expect in the wild is a 9.6. The print runs were small and few people cared, a bad combo for high grade books. They exist, I'm just saying that fliers are very very likely to crash.

Shadowman 2 Good, Bad and the Ugly (GBU) is a hard book to find. There isn't a lot of demand, but there also isn't a lot of supply, which is why it is about a $100 book. There are a few other books from the Acclaim runs (volumes 2 and 3) that get pricey as well.

CGC 9 total graded blue, none yellow, and the highest grade is a 9.6. Seems pretty wide open for a flyer on a high grade raw with the hopes of ending up with a 9.8.

It is our experience in the Valiant world that with these Acclaim books the best you can expect in the wild is a 9.6. The print runs were small and few people cared, a bad combo for high grade books. They exist, I'm just saying that fliers are very very likely to crash.

Thanks to everyone for their input - much appreciated.

My GBU variant is a 9.2. It is has 2 color breaking stress lines on the spine. The only other Vol 3 that I have is 3 copies of #3 - 9.2/9.4's. Not a whole of info on eBay.

V1 I found basically #2-43 with lots of multiples and 11 of the yearbooks. Most of the multiples came in the late 30's and 40's.

The V2 Acclaim run I have #5 thru 20 - missing #13 & 15. I also found 2 of the "Retailer Review" #5's. Multiples on the later issues - I ended up with 3 nice #20's.

So...I could have a Shadowman party on eBay or I could break them up. Just start everything at .99 and let it ride. Or I could fill me Fellow Forumites runs first. (shrug) I don't know what to do. My Valiant Advisor Bosco hasn't been around....

Edited by Kramerica

Thanks to everyone for their input - much appreciated.

My GBU variant is a 9.2. It is has 2 color breaking stress lines on the spine. The only other Vol 3 that I have is 3 copies of #3 - 9.2/9.4's. Not a whole of info on eBay.

V1 I found basically #2-43 with lots of multiples and 11 of the yearbooks. Most of the multiples came in the late 30's and 40's.

The V2 Acclaim run I have #5 thru 20 - missing #13 & 15. I also found 2 of the "Retailer Review" #5's. Multiples on the later issues - I ended up with 3 nice #20's.

So...I could have a Shadowman party on eBay or I could break them up. Just start everything at .99 and let it ride. Or I could fill me Fellow Forumites runs first. (shrug) I don't know what to do. My Valiant Advisor Bosco hasn't been around....

Aside from when VE1 first launched and X-O got a huge bump for a few weeks, the prices of the original valiants and acclaims have not increased as a result of the launch. And although some late issues sell well in high grade, it's no guarantee you can get a great price, you might have to be patient at times. You might still be able to find the great deal from time-to-time, but back issues in LCS stores have been plucked clean from the VF board over the years...

This issue seems to be tough to find. I went to about 12 different on line retailers and I called several comic stores in my area....all sold out. Finally,

I found 2 copies at less than cover price yesterday (LCS was having a 25% off sale) :applause:

Edited by comicartfan

This issue seems to be tough to find. I went to about 12 different on line retailers and I called several comic stores in my area....all sold out. Finally,

I found 2 copies at less than cover price yesterday (LCS was having a 25% off sale) :applause:

a boardie posted the proof that it was first preview, and the online stores were scoured clean in seconds.

a boardie posted the proof that it was first preview, and the online stores were scoured clean in seconds.

where is this proof?