• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Random question. but I never hopped on the Bedlam train like most people did. Whats the book about, good read? I might try to start a 2nd printing collection if thats even possible. Heard the book is heating up

1. Psychotic socio-path

2. Mysterious 'superhero' figure

3. Mass chaos (think Joker)

4. Mass murder (think Hannibal Lecture minus cannibalism)

5. High end suspense thriller (think SE7EN)

You forgot:

6. Not for cat lovers

Random question. but I never hopped on the Bedlam train like most people did. Whats the book about, good read? I might try to start a 2nd printing collection if thats even possible. Heard the book is heating up

1. Psychotic socio-path

2. Mysterious 'superhero' figure

3. Mass chaos (think Joker)

4. Mass murder (think Hannibal Lecture minus cannibalism)

5. High end suspense thriller (think SE7EN)

You forgot:

6. Not for cat lovers

I actually did laugh out loud... haha

PETER PANZERFAUST #1 CGC 9.8 PLUS #4,5,7,8 FIRST PRINTS HTF BBC SHOW COMING

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350707778463&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

:screwy:

I should put up an exact competing auction with those same books. lol

Why do some people bother, look at his completed auctions for this month, he's made around £3 (minus around £5 in ebay fees)

The top five most popular searched for comics on eBay today are:

• Saga #1
  • Chew
  • Bedlam
  • Batman #13
  • Revival #1

Somewhat surprising really. I would have expected PP, ToT & Sixth Gun to be higher on that list.

Walking Deads never seems to make your lists, hard to see Bedlam as more of a popular book than Walking Dead. (shrug)

Because I specifically filter out Walking Dead. It's so damn huge is engulfs everything else. What do you want me to tell you? Walking Dead is hot? It's trending up? Well... it is. :makepoint::shy:

hm

I wonder if you can do a Walking Dead-only filter to report which issues are hot these days? Obviously 1 and 19, but I wonder about the legs of other issues such as 27, 33, 48, 61, 92, etc. Also, I wonder if not reporting WD issues creates a false sense of WD collectability fading with those that read your reports (which I very much enjoy, thanks!)?

Yah what he dane323 says, there are many minor keys and scarce variants within the run. I'm sure there is some shuffling around with the demand on those books as characters are released on the show.

You have an innovative web site going, you could just create a Walking Dead sub catagory.

If there was no Walking Dead then there would be no Image speculation. Let`s never forget Walking Dead is the master that started all this,and is the barometer. Walking Dead will be the last to fall if the bubble ever does burst. If we ever see Walking Dead`s selling in dollar bins,then we will know the bubble has popped.

you may want to amend this slightly as i can buy every non-variant #100 in the 50 ct bin at my LCS.

I've been finding alot of books from 100 and up in the 50 cent and dollar bins.

i find that very surprising unless the books are damaged....

oh, lemme amend that, I did get some NM issues in like the 97-99 rnage out of one of my shops' 3 for $5 boxes after 100 came out, so not quite a $1 box.

The WD I find, look like pretty solid copies. I've found them in a few places. Most of those places are notorious for giving great deals though.

Edited by lemonman5

Would you buy this to get the #14 reprint graded? Some of these reprints are pretty tough to find especially in high grade. Considering the upcoming movie and character debut of The Winter Soldier it could be worthwhile. What are your feelings on the value of some of these reprint comics?T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGyYBRBe7WwGc60_57_zps64bc177b.jpg

Fan Side

Very good writer has written a very dialogue centric book. It will take a few readings to get some of it (A good thing.) Had this book a different artist I think it would have been much better recieved. The art is very distracting. If you like the art in Proof you will like this book Very disturbing images in first issue. Has developed a following by some. Variants really hurt the book otu of the gate. Now after 3 issues fans of the book are really enjoying it. My two cents

Speculator side

Speculators are praying it recovers because some went very big on the book and cant resale because their variants plummetted in value. Now they look for any sign someone is buying so they can hype it and recoup their cash. The book participated in a variant program that has further frustrated some as well.

Would you buy this to get the #14 reprint graded? Some of these reprints are pretty tough to find especially in high grade. Considering the upcoming movie and character debut of The Winter Soldier it could be worthwhile. What are your feelings on the value of some of these reprint comics?T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZGyYBRBe7WwGc60_57_zps64bc177b.jpg

Personally I would crack it out and sell it raw, but thats just me.

Fan Side

Very good writer has written a very dialogue centric book. It will take a few readings to get some of it (A good thing.) Had this book a different artist I think it would have been much better recieved. The art is very distracting. If you like the art in Proof you will like this book Very disturbing images in first issue. Has developed a following by some. Variants really hurt the book otu of the gate. Now after 3 issues fans of the book are really enjoying it. My two cents

Speculator side

Speculators are praying it recovers because some went very big on the book and cant resale because their variants plummetted in value. Now they look for any sign someone is buying so they can hype it and recoup their cash. The book participated in a variant program that has further frustrated some as well.

This was a perfect synopsis. Well done!

Fan Side

Agreed. I just finished reading #3 and I think I am hook. Going to be one of my monthly pull for the foreseeable future.