• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I'm not an expert (unlike some), but if you chase hype every week you'll be broke before the end of the month. Chase quality and buy something cool on occasion. I bought THE MASSIVE 1-8 today for $20 shipped, not because I think I can sell it at 10x cover, but because I wanted to check it out. 2c afternoon rant

R

Agreed!

Chasing hype is good fun though

I'm not an expert (unlike some), but if you chase hype every week you'll be broke before the end of the month. Chase quality and buy something cool on occasion. I bought THE MASSIVE 1-8 today for $20 shipped, not because I think I can sell it at 10x cover, but because I wanted to check it out. 2c afternoon rant

R

And the #1 variant for $1?

R

gahhhh. Gonna cost me an extra 12 bucks to have it shipped here to Canada. I've also been wanting to read Ultimate Spider-man cause I heard its amazing and I can get it for about 10 more bucks shipped and its 11 more comics.

Let me know how it is.

I'm sorry to put this on here, but how the hell do I get comics graded through online partners?

Go to their site, fill out submission form and send your comics to them? I prefer to use the LCS over online partners

Edited by wushugushu

I'm sorry to put this on here, but how the hell do I get comics graded through online partners?

ask the online partners (shrug)

No one emailed me back! I emailed 3 places. And I can't find the forms directly on their website. And my LCS doesn't do submissions.

My NWM #1 9.8 that was crooked/slanted inside the well sold within 15 minutes of posting on ebay

Had a bunch of watchers within first 5min too

Congrats? You really should have left the book on here for at least a day. Almost a guarantee that it would have sold here and you'd have lost less money by avoiding getting double tagged on fees.

Generally anything that's hyped *is* quality though. Mind MGMT, The Sword, Chew etc are all great.

Blackacre, mind the gap, skullkickers, hardcore.... More?

None of those have had the 'going to be made into a tv show/movie hype', have they? And anyway, I've only read Mind The Gap from that list and it's awesome.

Honestly I didnt feel like dealing with people here trying to bump the price below reasonable because they want to send it in for reholder - x6 inquiries

Perhaps an advantage over a new user is seen :o

Even after the fees, Ive pulled considerably more than the offers I had received..

Better than nothing.... Especially since I have another on the way and the slanting kept me from sleeping at night

Edited by wushugushu

Honestly I didnt feel like dealing with people here trying to bump the price below reasonable because they want to send it in for reholder - x6 inquiries

Perhaps an advantage over a new user is seen :o

Even after the fees, Ive pulled considerably more than the offers I had received..

Better than nothing.... Especially since I have another on the way and the slanting kept me from sleeping at night

In defense of the boards that you claim to be a bunch of low ballers, you listed it for a total of 5 hours. During that time, most are at work, and you took it down before the highest traffic time.

Congrats on the sale though.

Yeah I understand that and there is no attempt to offend/insult anyone, bad joke my bad..

I planned to stick on ebay to begin with and that was recommended for the exact reason prior to posting here.. I figured Id give it a shot here since many of you have been great to me but I have let a lot of "hot" books/sets go at low prices to build feedback here and this was a comic where I needed to do what was necessary.

I suppose knowing that it would go quickly on ebay caused me to be impatient but it all worked out..

And thanks :D

Edited by wushugushu