• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Sorry everyone. I am new to all of this.

Then go read this site - thats what its here for my new friend.

You can't expect everyone to do everything for you (not just you btw - I'm sure you get my point)....teach a man to fish etc etc.

10 is the lowest printed Invincible issue at around 5500 copies.

Its not the print run only that makes 10-12 more valuable, although it was very low its the changing point in the story and the fight between dad and son the makes it one to chase as well. It a major reveal in the plot line as well.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Generally anything that's hyped *is* quality though. Mind MGMT, The Sword, Chew etc are all great.

Blackacre, mind the gap, skullkickers, hardcore.... More?

I think Mind the Gap is excellent regardless of how it's doing in the secondary.

I'm not an expert (unlike some), but if you chase hype every week you'll be broke before the end of the month. Chase quality and buy something cool on occasion. I bought THE MASSIVE 1-8 today for $20 shipped, not because I think I can sell it at 10x cover, but because I wanted to check it out. 2c afternoon rant

R

+1000^10

Generally anything that's hyped *is* quality though. Mind MGMT, The Sword, Chew etc are all great.

I think Mind the Gap is excellent regardless of how it's doing in the secondary.

Exactly. The monetary value of something doesn't necessarily reflect its quality.

Bedlam, Peter Panzerfaust, Epic Kill, Infinite Vacation at least prolly more just of my head. Just my choices mind you :grin:

Edited by Fastballspecial

just found 2 annihilation conquest number 6 looks like nm.

u suck Ive been looking 2 months found one copy.

yeah i just walked in today after hearing about it yesterday, 2 copies....i know of another store that probably has a couple more.

Edited by krighton

Honestly I didnt feel like dealing with people here trying to bump the price below reasonable because they want to send it in for reholder - x6 inquiries

Perhaps an advantage over a new user is seen :o

Even after the fees, Ive pulled considerably more than the offers I had received..

Better than nothing.... Especially since I have another on the way and the slanting kept me from sleeping at night

In defense of the boards that you claim to be a bunch of low ballers, you listed it for a total of 5 hours. During that time, most are at work, and you took it down before the highest traffic time.

Congrats on the sale though.

The boards have all manner of people. There are tons of people that want stuff dirt cheap so they can immediately take it to ebay and sell it for more. There are also lots of people willing to pay UP for something they really want, if its hard to find.

For the most part, the majority of people are well informed, and just want a decent price, goldilocks style, "not to high, not to low, just right".

A misaligned book is almost certainly better to be sold on ebay, where people are less focused on 9.8s in general. For instance, I have a Saga 2 9.8 with a scratched case, and I wouldnt even bother to list it here, because I know it's not going to sell for "current saga 2 9.8 price minus reholdering fee".

He didnt "claim [the boards] to be a bunch of low ballers" as you claimed he said. He said he GOT a bunch of low ball offers, which isnt open to interpretation, he just stated the facts of what happened.

Edited by CBT

Honestly I didnt feel like dealing with people here trying to bump the price below reasonable because they want to send it in for reholder - x6 inquiries

Even after the fees, Ive pulled considerably more than the offers I had received..

Better than nothing.... Especially since I have another on the way and the slanting kept me from sleeping at night

In defense of the boards that you claim to be a bunch of low ballers, you listed it for a total of 5 hours. During that time, most are at work, and you took it down before the highest traffic time.

The boards have all manner of people. There are tons of people that want stuff dirt cheap so they can immediately take it to ebay and sell it for more. There are also lots of people willing to pay UP for something they really want, if its hard to find.

For the most part, the majority of people are well informed, and just want a decent price, goldilocks style, "not to high, not to low, just right".

A misaligned book is almost certainly better to be sold on ebay, where people are less focused on 9.8s in general. For instance, I have a Saga 2 9.8 with a scratched case, and I wouldnt even bother to list it here, because I know it's not going to sell for "current saga 2 9.8 price minus reholdering fee".

He didnt "claim [the boards] to be a bunch of low ballers" as you claimed he said. He said he GOT a bunch of low ball offers, which isnt open to interpretation, he just stated the facts of what happened.

Thanks CBT...

Someone else actually recommended that I go straight to ebay with a slab like this for that exact reason prior to me posting it today but I figured I would try it here first anyway.. Once I got a feel and saw what was going on, moving it to ebay was clearly the better option at the time. Im not speaking about every boardie only the ones who showed interest and I mean no disrespect but there wasnt anyone on at the time offering what I was looking for, which was reasonable

I dont feel that any of the interested users here were offended because I moved it either.

Sure it was only there for a couple hours but I dont even need that much time to know what the better option is, especially when there is interest in the item but none in the price.. It was still solid imo, anyone should be able to get $200 easy on a #1.

Funny thing is there were multiple watchers and sale within a few minutes of posting it up so it all worked out in the end.. Someone is going to be very happy if NWM #1 blows up in a couple months..

Edited by wushugushu

Do collector's here really can't stand a scratched case and would prevent them from purchasing it? A book is still 9.8 in my eyes with a scratch on the case. If it has a crack on it maybe I can see why peple would value the book less.

Do collector's here really can't stand a scratched case and would prevent them from purchasing it? A book is still 9.8 in my eyes with a scratch on the case. If it has a crack on it maybe I can see why peple would value the book less.

I was just going to say something similar.

Another thing that wasnt factored in: I did not send this in for grading myself. I purchased it and the point of selling it was to make my money back since I am not inclined to send it back in myself and prefer not to have a crooked slab in my fairly new collection of graded comics..

Edited by wushugushu

Scratches are a part of the process. You can always reholder for $10

I just sent back my Midtown Little Pony 9.8 because it arrived damaged from CGC and the reholder fee was $12. Plus shipping both ways. That's what I get for playing the ponies!

Any books that come back to me damaged direct from them, are sent right back for a free reholder. They've never charged me. All I do is call in, report the damage and send back.

Do reholder's actually fix an issue like an angled book though? I didn't think that service was meant for issues like that.

He had it up for 4 hours, that was my point. If he kept it up longer he may have received a fair offers.

You're cute though, keep following me.

<3

Edited by Chi Bamm