• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

I know he takes some heat around here, but vipers auctions are doin pretty good tonite. Helheim & sex are on fire!

He's the real deal. Viper is a good guy. I watch his auctions a lot. Grabbed a bunch of stuff last weekend.

I know he takes some heat around here, but vipers auctions are doin pretty good tonite. Helheim & sex are on fire!

He's the real deal. Viper is a good guy. I watch his auctions a lot. Grabbed a bunch of stuff last weekend.

He is a great guy. He gets hate because he speculates 23 days earlier than everyone else instead of taking them off the shelf for no one else to have? You see people on here going out on release day for 10+ copies. I heard today someone at my LCS took 27 copies of Batman Inc #8 seconds after they opened when it came out because they only had a policy for 1 issue per person for Image.

If you sell helheim now you are crazy...... But some people are overjoyed with a couple dollars profit (helheim) early in the game.

I would dump all the sex I had.....I normally don't say sell 3 days after a comics release (sex) but this one is leaving me ice cold and I wouldn't want to be sitting on a ton of copies.

Edited by krighton

If you sell helheim now you are crazy...... But some people are overjoyed with a couple dollars profit (helheim) early in the game.

I would dump all the sex I had.....I normally don't say sell 3 days after a comics release (sex) but this one is leaving me ice cold and I wouldn't want to be sitting on a ton of copies.

Hmm my LCS has a bunch on #1's on the shelf - I only picked up the phantom variant - might have to go back and get some

i'm personally not seeing phantom variants retaining a lot of value (online sales anyway). They don't really seem to get 'hot' like the regular variants/issues do. Is there an example of a phantom variant cover that has exploded in price.

the phantom logo really needs some work, it looks like a grey splotch.

Saying that, some of the covers are really nice looking.

Edited by krighton

Personally I hate when covers have a bunch of text and other nonsense on them, Its just distracting. Really don't care to have what is essentially advertising on the cover of a piece of written and drawn work. Someone at DC really needs to get slapped for plastering that Arrow tv show ad on all their books.

As for Sex, I wouldn't suggest dumping what you have. I would sell what you need to in order to get back your initial investment and hold the rest.

He is a great guy. He gets hate because he speculates 23 days earlier than everyone else instead of taking them off the shelf for no one else to have? You see people on here going out on release day for 10+ copies. I heard today someone at my LCS took 27 copies of Batman Inc #8 seconds after they opened when it came out because they only had a policy for 1 issue per person for Image.

He wasn't hated because he speculates 23 days earlier than everyone else. We all speculate months and months in advance. It's why I have 50 copies of Helheim, and others that I've dabbled with.

He was initially harassed because he was very vocal in showing off how successful he is/was. Since then he's contributed more thoughtful remarks and less boisterous responses.

And I agree with Krighton's remark: If you sell helheim now you are crazy...... But some people are overjoyed with a couple dollars profit (helheim) early in the game.

Seriously? You flip the same day for an extra $1-2 ? I think some of you really need to learn patience. I was offered $200 more for a WD cover the same day I purchased it, and boy oh boy I'm glad I was not impatient.

yeah that's what I was thinking of comparing them to, the Hastings variants. For some reason just don't carry much spark.

I dunno about that. I sold 2x Superior Spidey 1's at $100, and 3x Star Wars 1's at $110,100,111. Granted, all hit 9.8. Still good $$ tho.