• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

PP has always elicited that type of response...some people HATE the art...absolutely loathe it, like it's worse than Liefeld on crack. A lot don't 'get it'...the WWII thing is just way over their heads.

I think it has more to do with the PP overload. It's saturated the last number of pages, the thread is heating up, well the book's been hot for quite a while, do we need a play-by-play on every dollar increase/decrease? There's been a major lack of new additions to this thread...

PP has always elicited that type of response...some people HATE the art...absolutely loathe it, like it's worse than Liefeld on crack. A lot don't 'get it'...the WWII thing is just way over their heads.

I think it has more to do with the PP overload. It's saturated the last number of pages, the thread is heating up, well the book's been hot for quite a while, do we need a play-by-play on every dollar increase/decrease? There's been a major lack of new additions to this thread...

Weren't you one of the ones that said PP was going to take a nosedive?

So yes 9.6 graded copies reaching new highs of over 400 dollars is relevant.

Feel free to bring up any new books that are heating up, everyone would appreciate it, I'm sure.

For those looking for Injustice, they can be found at Barnes and Noble. I believe the first issue would have been taken off the rack in the past week or so, as the book is over a month old at this point and they only have limited space for comics. Not sure if their unsold books sit in a back room for awhile or if they get shipped off somewhere. You might also find some forgotten copies of Daredevil 21, Star Wars 1, the Batman DotF books as well.

easy sales at well above cover from the UK.

Worlds Finest #10

Star Wars #1 - 1st & 2nd Prints

Helheim #1

Sex #1 (dump em, it's awful)

Injustice #1

Hellboy in Hell #1

Black Beetle #1, #2, #3 (if you can find them)

Borderlands Origins #1, #2, #3 (if you can find a #2)

Deadpool Killustrated #1 (may cool down now the 2nd print is out)

Todd #1 & #2

Nowhere Men #1, #2, #3 (& #2 second print for some reason)

What is disappointing is the few UK comic shops selling on Ebay on RELEASE DAY for 5 x cover on hot ticket items.

"Bla Bla #7 - SOLD OUT - RARE" - 20 available. doh!

(It's not sold out, YOU have a shop & YOU still have stock on release day)

rantrant over

Weren't you one of the ones that said PP was going to take a nosedive?

So yes 9.6 graded copies reaching new highs of over 400 dollars is relevant.

Feel free to bring up any new books that are heating up, everyone would appreciate it, I'm sure.

For those looking for Injustice, they can be found at Barnes and Noble. I believe the first issue would have been taken off the rack in the past week or so, as the book is over a month old at this point and they only have limited space for comics. Not sure if their unsold books sit in a back room for awhile or if they get shipped off somewhere. You might also find some forgotten copies of Daredevil 21, Star Wars 1, the Batman DotF books as well.

I never said nosedive, I said cooled off....and if reality comes in that a show won't happen, the price would drop. Look at the PP thread, there isn't a single talk about the book itself! So who's buying the book, speculators, selling to speculators....

Edited by spreads

easy sales at well above cover from the UK.

Worlds Finest #10

Star Wars #1 - 1st & 2nd Prints

Helheim #1

Sex #1 (dump em, it's awful)

Injustice #1

Hellboy in Hell #1

Black Beetle #1, #2, #3 (if you can find them)

Borderlands Origins #1, #2, #3 (if you can find a #2)

Deadpool Killustrated #1 (may cool down now the 2nd print is out)

Todd #1 & #2

Nowhere Men #1, #2, #3 (& #2 second print for some reason)

What is disappointing is the few UK comic shops selling on Ebay on RELEASE DAY for 5 x cover on hot ticket items.

"Bla Bla #7 - SOLD OUT - RARE" - 20 available. doh!

(It's not sold out, YOU have a shop & YOU still have stock on release day)

rantrant over

HH and it's EC variant in particular is pretty hot right now...

If something's not interesting to you, then I think the thing to do would be check out the next post underneath it....or goto the next page.

Since this is the heating up thread, I'll continue to drop any news that involves heat I'm aware of.

That 9.6 was so hot you'd burn your just looking at the auction.

As far as speculators selling to speculators....I've been around the block enough to know it doesn't mean diddly. If speculators want to buy the book, they're certainly entitled to it.

That said, you really think speculators were pushing the 9.6 up and out the chimmney like that? I'd think they'd be smart enough to buy almost any other PP raw and submit it.....you're pretty much guaranteed to get a 9.4 unless you ate the comic and digested it first. 9.6 is a no brainer if there's some minor flaws....so there are probably at least 2000 of those sitting around somewhere.

You can still get raw runs for around 400....why not get a few extra comics that are submittable?

Hmmmmm....buy a PP raw or grab a slab?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281073911949?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Like that one above....still in affordable country.....even if you grabbed it for $300....and submitted it....it'd be a 9.6 lock with a $100 profit if the market holds?

So I ask again, why would TRUE speculators bother with a contest?

If something's not interesting to you, then I think the thing to do would be check out the next post underneath it....or goto the next page.

Since this is the heating up thread, I'll continue to drop any news that involves heat I'm aware of.

That 9.6 was so hot you'd burn your just looking at the auction.

As far as speculators selling to speculators....I've been around the block enough to know it doesn't mean diddly. If speculators want to buy the book, they're certainly entitled to it.

That said, you really think speculators were pushing the 9.6 up and out the chimmney like that? I'd think they'd be smart enough to buy almost any other PP raw and submit it.....you're pretty much guaranteed to get a 9.4 unless you ate the comic and digested it first. 9.6 is a no brainer if there's some minor flaws....so there are probably at least 2000 of those sitting around somewhere.

You can still get raw runs for around 400....why not get a few extra comics that are submittable?

Hmmmmm....buy a PP raw or grab a slab?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281073911949?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Like that one above....still in affordable country.....even if you grabbed it for $300....and submitted it....it'd be a 9.6 lock with a $100 profit if the market holds?

So I ask again, why would TRUE speculators bother with a contest?

Not all speculators are smart :gossip:

I'll admit I didn't read your full post, but just to focus on your last line, speculators believe the price will either increase (like most speculative buying), or as noted above they're not thinking logically. There's nothing wrong in it, as long as you're not the one buying the top, and then being stuck if you never wanted the damn thing.

I'll admit I didn't read your full post, but just to focus on your last line, speculators believe the price will either increase (like most speculative buying), or as noted above they're not thinking logically. There's nothing wrong in it, as long as you're not the one buying the top, and then being stuck if you never wanted the damn thing.

You didn't need to read that long diatribe....here's the distilled question:

If you're a speculator....and you know it doesn't take much to get a 9.6 in a slab....why pay top dollar for the same finished product with no guarantees of profitability.....when you could easily make the same product for alot less?

I guess buying a slab would make alot more sense to me if it were a 9.9 or a 9.8: simply because those PP#1s are harder to obtain.

I can't keep up with speculating on all the X-men books since there are a few and a few more characters, but why are All-New X-Men #3, 4, and 5 heating up on eBay?

Help!

Under printed for an xmen title. Ended up being a decent read and now people want it. It was in 2nd printing the moment those issues came out.

If you're a speculator....and you know it doesn't take much to get a 9.6 in a slab....why pay top dollar for the same finished product with no guarantees of profitability.....when you could easily make the same product for alot less?

How is gambling on a raw eBay book being 9.6 any different than gambling on a slabbed 9.6 going up in value?

How is gambling on a raw eBay book being 9.6 any different than gambling on a slabbed 9.6 going up in value?

Hmmm.....that's not the argument. Both are not guaranteed to go up in value.

BUT if you could purchase a 9.6 raw at 200-300, then slab it and sell it for what the slabbed 9.6 currently is going for, you'd make a coupla bucks.

If you bought a slab for top dollar and then attempted to make additional $ you'd be less certain of accomplishing that.

So to be clear it's all speculation, but buying a raw, slabbing and selling for what slabs are already going for is not as speculatey (<

We're not debating if it's a speculation, we're debating what is more speculative.

So Detective Comics #19 FOC is Monday. Is this going to be as hyped as Diamond is promoting it as?

it's already $8 a pop,

can't see much in this one, it's just DC celebrating the 900th issue

i agree. Cover Price is $8.

this title does not have the popularity of ASM 700 simply because there are too many Batman Titles in the "new 52"