• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

No. You can call them and ask if they have them. They have their comics on a database so they will tell you. I just asked if they had #1 and if they did I asked them to hold it for me. Everything else I just picked out of their back issue bins on my visit. BTW I believe I have wiped out South and West Texas,Oklahoma and three in Kansas. :)

That's who keeps coming to my store and buying my mess! :sumo:

I am going to bring up this LCS charging more or pulling some from your checkout pile from last night/this morning.

I know I reference sneakers a lot because I was part of the buying and selling Jordans and other basketball sneakers when I was in university. But these sneakers cost $150-200. And they resell online same day for twice the price. Some sneakers even go well over $1,000. Why doesn't Foot Locker just eBay all of them and make twice the amount? I'm sure Nike/Jordan brand doesn't let them and also it isn't good business. I am sick of typing this point, but there is more going on in my head.

You cannot have a Diamond account if you don't have a store front or online store with check out/tax number. Whatever all the requirements are. So all of the LCS that buy from Diamond and then pull from your pile/overcharge should not be allowed. Diamond should put a policy in that has a penalty for these actions with complaints from customers. It is ridiculous.

A store in Waco, TX was trying to sell PP #9 for $30 a piece and two weeks later they were still all there.

Nice.....I wiped out that Hastings in Waco two weeks ago........

1sg035_zps341a9740.jpg

That's crazy. I went to the Waco Hastings about a month ago and they didn't have any of that. Are there two Hastings in Waco?

I know it's been discussed, but Helherrrrmmmm seems to be doing quite well already. It'll be interesting to see how many people come back or into the fold for #2 and #3 and the effect it has on #1's secondary market value.

what the hell is this hastings place? and where is the one in Jersey?

Huge retailer in the South/South West I believe. It seems fitting that there is an abundance of Sixth Guns at these stores given the setting of the story.

Edited by awakeintheashes

It sounds like Cliff's secret source that he gets hot books from. (the area in his back room that he sets aside books in that he wants to mark up in a week or two)

There's a shop near me that says they don't receive certain books on release day but the day after you can find them bagged/board and marked up - PP #9 is an example

You know what I'm tired of? I'm tired of lcs's checking gdamn ebay everytime I walk into the store, and start pulling books.

I know we've joked about taking this thread to pm only, and after tonite I'm fully in support of doing it only in pm.

Take it to PM then.

I mean god forbid a store who pays rent, taxes & peoples wages should ever dare make a profit on anything.

You know I've owned a retail shop 16 yrs so I know how that goes. What I'm talking about are stores "conveniently" being out of PP 9 or whatever *hot* book for the week is, and oh hey look we have it here for $20 though. They've already forced my hand to preorder everything I want. I like splashing $$ at all the different shops, because I do know all the owners. What I don't like is being taken advantage of like this though, and they felt it yesterday when my usual $50 week turned into 1 copy of Todd because I havent' received my preorder for that.

A store in Waco, TX was trying to sell PP #9 for $30 a piece and two weeks later they were still all there.

Nice.....I wiped out that Hastings in Waco two weeks ago........

1sg035_zps341a9740.jpg

That's crazy. I went to the Waco Hastings about a month ago and they didn't have any of that. Are there two Hastings in Waco?

Did you dig in the drawers underneath????

You guys have enough shops, Us folks here in the south have to have something. lol It's a pretty cool store concept. Think Barnes & Noble but now with a video game section, dvds, blu rays, and of course a comic book section.

what the hell is this hastings place? and where is the one in Jersey?

THB & I can pay our mortgage this month, all thanks to hastings!!

House is done paid for......... :)