• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Now stfu and start talking about modern comics heating up and not about the sorrows of a flipper.

a-flipper-01.jpg

I ain't no flipper....but my roosta is bro! Don't be hatin.... :)

He paid for those dope new rainbow sneakers with his PP raw sales!

No. You can call them and ask if they have them. They have their comics on a database so they will tell you. I just asked if they had #1 and if they did I asked them to hold it for me. Everything else I just picked out of their back issue bins on my visit. BTW I believe I have wiped out South and West Texas,Oklahoma and three in Kansas. :)

That's who keeps coming to my store and buying my mess! :sumo:

If only there was a website you could use to determine what's heating up, and get the books first.

No. You can call them and ask if they have them. They have their comics on a database so they will tell you. I just asked if they had #1 and if they did I asked them to hold it for me. Everything else I just picked out of their back issue bins on my visit. BTW I believe I have wiped out South and West Texas,Oklahoma and three in Kansas. :)

That's who keeps coming to my store and buying my mess! :sumo:

If only there was a website you could use to determine what's heating up, and get the books first.

:shy:

Edited by whetteon

My LCS shops are turning evil only within the last few months....

hm

same few months when speculation has hit new heights on here and on ebay. Its no coincidence.

And when things go the other way, they'll have no customers and go out of business. Over-order and speculate along, don't limit paying customers, that's just bad business.

Injustice ..........the heat is just beginning. I think the lesson here is there are always sleepers but if you wait to hear it here first your almost always going to miss them.

with the All New X-Men Hardcover Trade out next month, i wonder what kind of effect it will have on the floppies

Good question. It's worth picking up because after 7 issues I'm still really enjoying the title.

ive only heard good things about the title. For $15 the Hardcover is worth picking up imo

My LCS shops are turning evil only within the last few months....

They're starting to strictly enforce a maximum of 1 comic per issue and it's all on the heels of heavy speculation. These are the same guys that say they don't have something only to end up listing it on the bay within a few hours of said inquiry.

I know for a fact they're clued into the boards (not only this one) and they've actively tried to solicit info. from me.

I don't go in talking a big game either, I just grab and walk with no discussions. They've put 2 and 2 together with other speculators coming in for sure....and now they're starting to put the clamps down on anything hot.

They used to be cool, now I gotta find a new place to shop.

Any time you folks wanna get a PM together I'm down. It's becoming next to impossible to keep a lock on info. with the speculators competing directly with the LCS.

Peter Panzerfaust....try to find an issue on release day...

Helheim....poof...gone like a f*ckin puff of smoke

Nowhere men.....nowhere to be found....

Robin's dead? You'd never know the way these aholes pull it off the shelf and hoard it.

I'm sorry, but if you have a comic store....and you're in the business of selling comics....put them on your racks and sell them. Don't and moan that other industrious folks are following the trends and taking advantage of the secondary market. Just MHO. Hell, it's not even cool to grab stuff on release day and mark it the F up like 3x coverprice......how about they order more and sell them for what they should sell for on day 1?

Are you even reading this thread? For the eleventy millionth time... You try ordering enough copies of a book 2 months in advance!!!! By the time speculators decide a book is going to be hot, retailers have already ordered them. Do you know how many unsold books retailers would have lying around if they went big on every Image number 1?

You are making sweeping pronouncements from a position of complete ignorance.

Also, those of you using terms such as 'they' or pluralizing 'retailer', is that really what you mean, or are you talking about ONE shop where you personally had a bad experience?

Too many sweeping generalisations around here for a sensible debate IMHO.