• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I was pissed on my initial visit. ALL of the #1's and #2's were bent up.

It should honestly be a crime to put out comics 1)on the shelf, 2) ESPECIALLY in the back issue bins, without being bagged AND boarded. Why the retailers do this, is beyond me. It just ruins good comics. And I say this firstly from a readers perspective, who likes having NM comics in their collection. But also, I've been disappointed SO many times with awesome finds of cheap flips that would have got me quite a bit, only to see that they're in awful condition, that I probably would only to buy to read if I was desperate.

:sumo:

Well, that's why they're cheap, but yeah not at least bagging & boarding is dumb.

Well, I mean regular price then. I ment cheap as in "not the $20, $80, etc they could get on ebay".

My LCS had an injustice #1 variant on his wall for £15 last weekend, if it is still there tomorrow do I tell him how much it is worth or buy it?

Not a DC fan myself so I only know it is worth anything because of this board and I only noticed it as I liked the cover.

I will tell him to be honest as he is a good guy.

I wouldn't say anything. It's not a lack of honesty. He's the merchant, it's up to him to set his prices. Some gouge :frustrated:, some give awesome prices :whee:, some follow ebay and some don't. The thing with variants (most ones), is that they are, in fact, priced at the regular cover price. Any extra is up to the sellar to set what they think is a good/fair/profitable/etc price.

I mean, if he's a good guy, you can keep frequenting his store. If anything, pick up some extra stuff from him that you normally wouldn't. Maybe some stuff that's been sitting around, something you were on the fence about, etc. Spending the same amount of money on his deadstock would probably be worth more to him than paying extra for a comic that is a mostly guaranteed sale.

can someone direct me to the "moderns that are heating up on ebay" thread?

Injustice #1 variant. Still floored at the jump. If im not mistaken ( might be), the variant was like $20-40 only a couple weeks ago/ when the regular editions started heating up.

Looks like there's only 800 printed at most.

Been reading theses boards for a few weeks now, but want to get active on them.

Brief background:

I'm a reader foremost (~85% of purchases), and speculator 2nd (~15%), but beeing around the stores, reading so much about upcoming issues, etc, I thought I'd start speculating since I was seeing what was getting hot, could be hot, etc. Hard to pass up on issues that you know can either make you money immediately, or have a high potentianl to in the future.

Welcome to the boards!

Your last paragraph here sounds a lot like me. I try to avoid investing in junk that I don't believe in, but lately it's fun to stock up on extras of titles I like, and/or to try them out at little to no risk by speculating... and once in a while at least you do get lucky.

Been reading theses boards for a few weeks now, but want to get active on them.

Brief background:

I'm a reader foremost (~85% of purchases), and speculator 2nd (~15%), but beeing around the stores, reading so much about upcoming issues, etc, I thought I'd start speculating since I was seeing what was getting hot, could be hot, etc. Hard to pass up on issues that you know can either make you money immediately, or have a high potentianl to in the future.

Welcome to the boards!

Your last paragraph here sounds a lot like me. I try to avoid investing in junk that I don't believe in, but lately it's fun to stock up on extras of titles I like, and/or to try them out at little to no risk by speculating... and once in a while at least you do get lucky.

Too, like I pre-order most stuff, so that's automatic 25% off cover. Whatever I don't pre-order (or stuff that I have NO intention of reading), I can usually scavenge on release day, or a few weeks after. Pretty much I don't want to be caught in the ", I COULD have had 10 copies of Walking Dead #1" scenario. As it is, I came late to the Peter Panzersausage party, and had to play some catch up.

Excerpt from Bleeding Cool...UPDATE: Last night, Mile High Comics were selling Spawn #9 in NM for $2.30. Their price today? $70.

the biggest joke of that article was the writer mentioning that whoever bought that case of spawns could easily flip it for 2k, really? gtfo, lmfao.

then again someone is paying 26 bucks for a single issue so who knows.

As it is, I came late to the Peter Panzersausage party, and had to play some catch up.

Hey hey....I'm sure there's like 1000 broads out there reading this comic!!! :wink:

Would account for 1/10 of the readership.

I would read the issues I have, as they're supposed to be good, but I'm scarred to even look in the same room that they're in.

Edited by Dukes40

As it is, I came late to the Peter Panzersausage party, and had to play some catch up.

Hey hey....I'm sure there's like 1000 broads out there reading this comic!!! :wink:

Would account for 1/10 of the readership.

I would read the issues I have, as they're supposed to be good, but I'm scarred to even look in the same room that they're in.

I picked up the 1st trade and was not impressed at all. But, that's just my humble opinion.