• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I've been hearing rumors that Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 has been on the rise for the past 6 weeks. Including some private pm sells of the book here on these forums. hm

eBay Darkhaw #1 CGC 9.8 completed auctions

I've noticed this as well. I apologize for my ignorance, but is there any reason for it? Did Avengers Arena really cause that jump?

I've been hearing rumors that Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 has been on the rise for the past 6 weeks. Including some private pm sells of the book here on these forums. hm

I've noticed this as well. I apologize for my ignorance, but is there any reason for it? Did Avengers Arena really cause that jump?

I would imagine it was because he was a big player in some of Marvel's recent cosmic stuff. People are probably speculating he could make the jump to the movies. Much like they are with Ms. Marvel.

Unless you are seeing similar stuff with the Runaways or 1st appearances of Avengers Academy kids I doubt it has anything to do with Arena

All I know is that I bought one out of nostalgia. How many others are doing the same is anyone's guess. But the whole kings of kings story line might of given him just a bit more spotlight for those unaware of the character. And after the kings of kings he's more of a universe type entity/character and since the Guardians of the Galaxy movie announcement, Marvel space characters have become hot.

All theories of course.

All I know is that I bought one out of nostalgia. How many others are doing the same is anyone's guess. But the whole kings of kings story line might of given him just a bit more spotlight for those unaware of the character. And after the kings of kings he's more of a universe type entity/character and since the Guardians of the Galaxy movie announcement, Marvel space characters have become hot.

All theories of course.

I know issue 1 is his first appearance but the only issues worth collecting from the series are the last 2.

All theories of course.

Got it. Makes sense. Thanks. (thumbs u I think I still have a full run from back in the day.

All theories of course.

I know issue 1 is his first appearance but the only issues worth collecting from the series are the last 2.

I didn't even know the last 2 were worth collecting. How interesting.. hm

When I jumped back into the comic world, one of the first things I purchased was a lot of Darkhawk 1's purely out of nostalgia. It was my first pull-list comic. It's nice to see him again.

+1

(thumbs u

I'm not even sure if Chris is still Darkhawk although the one issue of Kings of Kings I acquired had Nova talking to him and he used the name Chris.

All theories of course.

The venom appearances seem to get hot and cold

All theories of course.

I've been watching/selling/buying this book for some time now. The current upswing, according to the recent buyers I've talked to seem to be hinged on pure nostalgia. In 1991 this was a hot character and people back in the day are remembering again and seeking #1s out. I don't think some of these buyers are even vaguely aware of the more recent Darkhawk appearances but yet there is growing pent up demand for HG #1s. Also its 22 years later and the 25 year rule is coming into fruition here (why is this in the modern thread again?) .

All theories of course.

I've been watching/selling/buying this book for some time now. The current upswing, according to the recent buyers I've talked to seem to be hinged on pure nostalgia. In 1991 this was a hot character and people back in the day are remembering again and seeking #1s out. I don't think some of these buyers are even vaguely aware of the more recent Darkhawk appearances but yet there is growing pent up demand for HG #1s. Also its 22 years later and the 25 year rule is coming into fruition here (why is this in the modern thread again?) .

(shrug)

btw, If anyone has the DH in my signature line send me a pm. :grin:

Edited by whetteon

Something a little more modern for the haters in this thread...

X-O Manowar #1 Gold Variant @ $83+ & 2 bids.

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 Sketch Variant @ $61 & 8 bids.

Chew #1 Larry's Variant @ $56 & 2 bids.

Batman Inc #8 Sketch Variant @ $40 & 10 bids.

Spawn #229 Sketch Variant @ $31 & 5 bids.

Adventure Time #10 Variant @ $27+ & 3 bids.

Edited by whetteon

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the work ya'll. I'm just saying that everyone on these boards knows that PP#1 is a $ maker. We don't need to kill a dead horse is all.

yes, please stop with the peter panzerpickle. i held a stack of #1s in my hand when it came out and put it down and passed because it looked ugly and stupid. these numbers make me want to cry. at least i bought a TOT 1 and a stack of Saga 1s....

+1 I put down a few PP's because I thought the art was "Ugh" and the story looked weak.

:censored:

Same here and I don't regret it.

Nice. I get the Adventure Time variants for so cheap, sometimes cover. They seem to be abundant here, with many sitting on the shelves for quite a while.

Got the Guardians Sketch for $10 yesterday. Funny though, the Gamora cover was priced at $10 as well. Was slightly pissed when I found out that the Thanos cover (best one by far!!!) was one of those weird phantom ones. At least it's cheap.

How do retailers get those ones anyway??? The Phantoms, Larry's, etc??? And what excatly is the deal with them, like do stores get them commisioned for them or something???

All theories of course.

The venom appearances seem to get hot and cold

I was going to mention those but did not for the same reason.