• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

So I think I have the last page of issue 14 of Swamp Thing of the New 52 run.

Its the begining of something coming out of the "rot" - like the first page from the Rotworld crossover story.

Sell now or hold onto until after the Justice League Dark movie?

Speculate

A lot of bids, not private...I'm not sure what you mean. All I can say is I'm glad i didn't pay that much.

A lot of bids, not private...I'm not sure what you mean. All I can say is I'm glad i didn't pay that much.

Looks legit (shrug)

Since this thread is rarely about Moderns Heating Up... I will offer my opinion.

Larry is a nice guy who likes to support artists (mostly indy) he likes by providing them additional work (income) that can be published and that they can sell.

He also runs a business that has multiple comic stores.

He combined the two to create a way to generate awareness of these artists / titles and to increase sales in his store.

So let me get this straight...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

Remember, Larry is going to be around much much longer then many of you.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

So what you are saying is that it's alright for larry to be unprofessional and no one else? I am glad that he is raising awareness for indy books and artists, but that does not give him a free pass to be a huge dickensian. I am not saying Tommy did nothing wrong, we did not see what if anything happened in the store. He was just voicing his displeasure with that store here. I didn't really see anything wrong with Tommy's post, he said how he felt, but then larry posts and I said what I felt at the time and still feel that way.

The problem I see with most of you vindictive lunatics is that you simply cannot take what you give.

:signfunny:

Maybe my coworkers are correct I do need help. But sir and I use the term loosely, I do not have a vindictive bone in my body.

The problem I see with most of you vindictive lunatics is that you simply cannot take what you give.
The problem as I see it is that on each other has become the new norm for the modern boards. I remember back in the good old days (last year) when boardies generally got along and it was frowned upon to on each other within a thread. Now, in order to get a kernal of information in any thread, we have to wade through pages of matches, defensiveness and hurt feelings. Grow up, someone mocked your on a message board, get over it. :preach:

>>Now, in order to get a kernal of information in any thread<<

Thanks champ,

I think I contribute plenty of information...

http://conta.cc/ZWyS4D

I did quote your post only in that it mentioned the problem, not to accuse you of engaging in the type if behavior that I referenced. Your updates are solid, probably the best in the business right now and they add to the body of information here.

>>Now, in order to get a kernal of information in any thread<<

Thanks champ,

I think I contribute plenty of information...

http://conta.cc/ZWyS4D

I did quote your post only in that it mentioned the problem, not to accuse you of engaging in the type if behavior that I referenced. Your updates are solid, probably the best in the business right now and they add to the body of information here.

when they don't misinform that's true.