• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Some modern variants worth mentioning:

Wolverine #10 Platt Variant @ $26+ & 3 bids.

Superior Spider-Man #9 1:50 Variant @ $26+ & 9 bids.

Catwoman #13 Newstand Variant @ $28 & 3 bids.

Star Wars #2 Sketch Variant @ $28+ & 16 bids.

Hawkeye #1 Variant @ $29 & 11 bids.

Three Variants you never saw coming:

Spawn #231 Sketch Variant @ $41 & 2 bids.

Batman #4 Sketch Variant @ $67 & 9 bids.

Hulk #16 Deadpool Variant @ $100 & 16 bids.

More here!

I guess someone figures if it gets brought up enough times someone will care. There are like 5 books that repeat every 5 to 10 pages. It gets old. End of rantrant

Let's-Go-Elephant-Men-Let's-Go-WOO-WOO!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I own 0 copies. I was really asking because I saw that it is officially picked up by ABC.

Edit: And I've been making some money on character appearances from Arrow, so maybe SHIELD will do the same if someone big comes along. And each sale has been on the boards here.

Are you saying there are appearances of key characters from the Arrow TV show that are picking up steam because of the TV show and you havn't shared that information?

Really thinking about a group PM moderns heating up club.

:headbang:

I own 0 copies. I was really asking because I saw that it is officially picked up by ABC.

Edit: And I've been making some money on character appearances from Arrow, so maybe SHIELD will do the same if someone big comes along. And each sale has been on the boards here.

It makes perfect sense that ABC would be the outlet for anything that Marvel does for television such as this SHIELD series. Disney owns both Marvel and ABC so I wouldn't be surprised if more Marvel properties make it onto the small screen via ABC.

It might also be a good time to look for some of those early Coulsen appearances...as he will be the main man in the series.

I guess someone figures if it gets brought up enough times someone will care. There are like 5 books that repeat every 5 to 10 pages. It gets old. End of rantrant

Too many variations on each issue has kept this comic from achieving it's potential. Which of the 6 covers of Hip Flask: Unnatural Selection do you invest in?

This is another title (science fiction oriented) that I would have loved to immerse myself in, but too many variants have kept me from wanting to collect.

More here!

The Catwoman #13 Newsstand lot is my auction and comes with a regular die-cut copy as well. (thumbs u

I sold a similar auction for the BIN of $39.99 in March so this one is a bit slow.......

New Teen Titans #2 (Deathstroke) in VF condition has been getting me $40 within the week of listing it. I see some raw NM on eBay going for $60-80. CGC 9.8 just ended around $300. But it is a $15-20 book in a LCS. I've found it in long boxes at a few. Only one store out of 5 had it on the wall for around $40.

And if you look up viewers of each episode the episodes with other character first appearances will have much higher views. I don't know if this translates to much higher sales, but definitely quicker sales.

Huh! I don't watch the Arrow TV show. But maybe that may change now. I had no idea Deathstroke started appearing. But it looks like the impact for the show has been strong.

If anyone doubted the number of comic book fans that the CW’s Arrow could draw, last week’s episode put that debate to rest. The appearance of Deathstroke the Terminator in episode 5, “Damaged,” saw a 30% ratings increase to 3.7 million viewers for the budding comic book TV series, providing some of the CW’s highest ratings since the show’s premiere.

AR105B_0280b.jpg-8b1e4704-t3.jpg

I always liked this character. Glad to see he is being done right.

Yup... looks like he is getting the same treatment in the next Arkham game too :wishluck:

More here!

The Star Wars #2 sketch variants are fetching 50% or less of the #1 sketch variants. I'm not sure why Dark Horse decided to print the bar code on this cover, but it was a horrible choice. This is looking like it will end up a $30-50 comic when the initial sales are done. Star Wars #1 sketch cover is looking like a $75-100 comic. Only time will tell if this fall more in a year or so.

Good lord I just found a Sixth Gun 1 and 2 too late in the game. Guess itll be a 50 dollar book by the end of the weekend

i'd be more than happy to relieve you of your burden for 50 bucks if the condition is right.

Good lord I just found a Sixth Gun 1 and 2 too late in the game. Guess itll be a 50 dollar book by the end of the weekend

i'd be more than happy to relieve you of your burden for 50 bucks if the condition is right.

Now is not a time to be catching falling knives. :grin:

Too many variations on each issue has kept this comic from achieving it's potential. Which of the 6 covers of Hip Flask: Unnatural Selection do you invest in?

This is another title (science fiction oriented) that I would have loved to immerse myself in, but too many variants have kept me from wanting to collect.

Series is phenomenol.

For variants, most issues actually don't have one. Each book has a flip-cover though, so two covers per one book.

Ya, for the first Hip Flask though, lot of covers, but overall, not a lot printed. Same for Elephantmen.

Edited by Dukes40

More here!

The Star Wars #2 sketch variants are fetching 50% or less of the #1 sketch variants. I'm not sure why Dark Horse decided to print the bar code on this cover, but it was a horrible choice. This is looking like it will end up a $30-50 comic when the initial sales are done. Star Wars #1 sketch cover is looking like a $75-100 comic. Only time will tell if this fall more in a year or so.

BOOOO!!!! :ohnoez:

i'd be more than happy to relieve you of your burden for 50 bucks if ]the condition is right.

You're totally right. Two weeks ago they wouldn't have even included the conditional statement.

Edited by whetteon

Series is phenomenol.

For variants, most issues actually don't have one. Each book has a flip-cover though, so two covers per one book.

Ya, for the first Hip Flask though, lot of covers, but overall, not a lot printed. Same for Elephantmen. [/quote

images_zps87815d0d.jpg

:)

Series is phenomenol.

Ya, for the first Hip Flask though, lot of covers, but overall, not a lot printed. Same for Elephantmen. [/quote

images_zps87815d0d.jpg

:)

hahah.. ya, I love how they can just randomly switch the artist on an issue or two, it's a TOTALLY different tone and style, and it works.

Totally suprised by this comic.

Wonderland #9 C2E2 Variant? @ $107+ & 45 bids. Btw, not work friendly. doh!

Others are:

Cyberforce #1 Embossed Cover @ $26 & 8 bids. hm(shrug)

Nowhere Men #1 @ $21+ & 8 bids.

Dectective Comics #1 @ $20+ & 13 bids.

Hawkeye #2 @ $20+ & 5 bids.

Lady Mechinca #1 @ $15 & 2 bids.

Star Wars and the Ninth Assassin #1 Sketch Variant @ $14+ & 5 bids.

Edited by whetteon