• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Speaking of Polarity, it looks like #1 has some legs on eBay.

Maybe the variants. It has been all over the place really. The last regular cover sold for $11.00 shipped, so $1.10 eBay fee, $0.70? Paypal fee, and $2.25? shipped through Paypal. You're making $3.00 if you didn't preorder them and that's not counting tax in certain states, bag/board and shipping material. So probably $2.50 profit. I mean that's still 50% profit, but I don't think it is moving as quickly as other titles you can get 50% profit from. There are regular covers on eBay now for $7.55 and then $9.00. (This is all in the US)

And yet when we talk about Bedlam we our pants when we see a price tag of $9?

Anything above cover is win in my book and I'm just happy to know the book is getting a very small amount of interest out there. Now maybe people will read it. hm

Just a heads up to the modern folks (even though this is really bronze and pre-bronze info.):

Saw sneaky shots of post-credit scenes for Wolverine #2 movie....Jean Grey as Phoenix poppin up outta nowhwere....teasing Days of Future Past.

So you've obviously got the DOFP issue to BOLO for, but first app. Phoenix (X-men 101) & first app. Sentinels (X-men 14) to be huntin' down like dogs.

Of course first app. Wolverine is always popular in Hulk 181 (duh).

Now back to your regularly scheduled moderns.

Ya. Print run is pretty low, like 4,000 or so. Plus, awesome cover, J. Scott Campbell, etc. etc. You get fans of his buying these. I was going to bid on this one as it's the only issue I don't own, but since it's not Near Mint..... :(

Just a heads up to the modern folks (even though this is really bronze and pre-bronze info.):

Saw sneaky shots of post-credit scenes for Wolverine #2 movie....Jean Grey as Phoenix poppin up outta nowhwere....teasing Days of Future Past.

So you've obviously got the DOFP issue to BOLO for, but first app. Phoenix (X-men 101) & first app. Sentinels (X-men 14) to be huntin' down like dogs.

Thanks for the spoiler :cry:

Ya. Print run is pretty low, like 4,000 or so. Plus, awesome cover, J. Scott Campbell, etc. etc. You get fans of his buying these. I was going to bid on this one as it's the only issue I don't own, but since it's not Near Mint..... :(

PS. Are there ANY Hip Flask or Elephantmen that have been CGC'd??? Think I've seen like ONE or possibly TWO total.

Thanks for the info, but do you think this is just too many characters to have any chance of growth in the secondary market?

X-men 101 is already hard/expensive to find in high grade :P

...14 too ...

Edited by cgcmod12

...14 too ...

Heads up! X-Men #1 and Amazing Spider-Man #1 are both books that might perform well in the future.

Now back to your regular modern age thread.

hehe, I tease, I tease. :foryou:

Right?!? With this and the Star Trek spoiler AS THE TITLE OF A THREAD in the General board, this day is just full of people spoiling mess.

Yeah. Double thanks. WTF?

Sorry I took a dump on everyone's parade.....I didn't think it was so much a spoiler as a heads up for speculation.

It was requested by a modern poster that I change my post so I don't spoil it for everyone...but with everyone quoting me that's not going to affect anything at this point. Had I seen the horror and outrage about the post credit 30 second scene I would have changed it, but alas it's too late. Sorry I spoiled the last few seconds of the after-film for y'all. Not my intent, was actually attempting to give you some info. that could be assistive.

Edit: Looks like someone changed that for me: thanks to whoever that was. I'll use the "spoiler" hidden thang from now on.

Baba....totally my bad. I'm aware of the spoiler feature and I've actually used it before.....when talking about the Iron Man 3 movie....

For whatever stupid reason I just wasn't thinking this a.m. (lack of coffee, less brain cells...etc.) and posted up what I saw without the spoiler alert.

Got some not really angry but somewhat chapped PMs about me being a clown for not hiding the info...which I agree with at this point.

Posted up my sorries citing that the cat was already out of the bag b/c there was massive quoting of the spoilt info.

Then after re-reading the thread someone magically edited my post and put the appropriate spoiler hide in there and it changed everyone's quotes as well (which is something I didn't know could happen).

I would have just changed it up if someone hadn't beat me to it.

That said, no more inappropriate forced spoilers from me. I'll use the feature and we can all live life happily once more.

BTW: I don't think this was the kind of tip that someone inferred: like "Hey...everyone buy X-men #1". Nor was it as obvious as "hey folks the Wolverine movie is coming out...so buy up Hulk 181". (cough....whetteon...cough) lol! J/K brother! :)

These tips were more specifically targeted FTR.

me being a clown.

Wait; you act like a clown sometimes? :baiting:

My middle name is Bozo and I like to squeeze bicycle horns whilst spraying seltzer at folks.

No worries accessndx. Haters are going to hate no matter how many times you apologize. But I appreciate it regardless. :foryou:

No worries back atcha brotha. You're one of the inner circle, so you get a pass.

...14 too ...

Heads up! X-Men #1 and Amazing Spider-Man #1 are both books that might perform well in the future.

Thanks for the tip!

The 90's one's, right???

Seriously though, it's weird, like I always thought older X-Men, Avengers, etc. were worth a pretty penny. Didn't realize that most of it is actually very affordable considering the age, significance of the issues, etc etc.

...14 too ...

Thanks for the tip!

The 90's one's, right???

Seriously though, it's weird, like I always thought older X-Men, Avengers, etc. were worth a pretty penny. Didn't realize that most of it is actually very affordable considering the age, significance of the issues, etc etc.

Its kind of weird but X-Men especially seems to have had a ton of filler stuff. Hell it was just reprinting old issues for awhile. So if it wasn't a first appearance of a key character a lot of that stuff is cheap. I'm kind of shocked some of the Avengers stuff hasn't jumped up though especially after the success of the movie.