• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

What's with all the fire and brimstone Dukes40?

I am not sure when you read that, but I must have missed it. (shrug)

Dukes taking the time to point out every discrepency he see's on somebody's top 10 list seems a little bit out of the way to me. DOn't know why he would try to discredit a known dealer's info unless there is a past history. (thumbs u

How am I trying to discredit Lawrence?? I don't even know the guy, or live close to the store ( or even order from him online). I was wondering why the difference existed. It was explained by two people, and it made sense.

And, it's not like I put a giant effort into this. I took two minutes to copy numbers. Without these, then my question wouldn't make as much sense. It makes it easier , visually, to see the difference.

And the guy has like 10 lists. It's not like I picked them apart in depth. I don't see why you think this was a massive statistical undertaking??

I was just curious why Batman, Avengers, Justice League, X-Men, etc weren't top ten sellers.

You would expect stores best sellers to GENERALLY follow print run ratios, for the most part. If they don't, then my interest lies in what makes a particular store or region different. (Ie Dale Eaglesham lives near Ottawa, therefore, local stores ordered more copies of the latest Alpha Flight series, etc)

Since it was by week, and not month, this made more sense.

Who are you kidding here? There was no reason for your post originally. If those are what sales in his shop then thats what sales. He actually pimps certain books in his shops.

All you had to do was ask him was this -------> I was just curious why Batman, Avengers, Justice League, X-Men, etc weren't top ten sellers.

Not list a page of data trying to discredit him and thats how it reads.

Come on Larry!

You always get mad at "trolls" but the people who are critical of you never have more then 300 posts!

PLEASE keep posting the list or please add my e-mail Hiphopfcomics@gmail.com to the list.

Quickly uses your email address to enter to win a new car, get my money out of nigeria and that naughty adult site.

Come on Larry!

You always get mad at "trolls" but the people who are critical of you never have more then 300 posts!

PLEASE keep posting the list or please add my e-mail Hiphopfcomics@gmail.com to the list.

Quickly uses your email address to enter to win a new car, get my money out of nigeria and that naughty adult site.

Adult friend finder wants me to pay for a new account. Can you fix that?

Who are you kidding here? There was no reason for your post originally. If those are what sales in his shop then thats what sales. He actually pimps certain books in his shops.

All you had to do was ask him was this -------> I was just curious why Batman, Avengers, Justice League, X-Men, etc weren't top ten sellers.

Not list a page of data trying to discredit him and thats how it reads.

1- The reason was to find out why such a difference. Curiosity was the reason. If he PIMPS those books, then that's a reason that I was interested to know.

Like, do you really think I'm trying to lie to a bunch of strangers??? To what end???

I mean, if I had a shop, and said my top NEW comics sales ( by VOLUME) were: My Little Pony, Mind MGMT, Daredevil, Ren and Stimpy, Green Wake, The Gobots, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Star Trek,Spawn, Red Sonja, Learn Calculus, Bible Stories, etc etc,

a conscientiousness person would probably stop and think

"wow, that's very different from the majority of comic shops/comic sales numbers. I wonder why it is so different."

I don't think someone would think "wow, this guy is lying" Like, what would Larry have to gain by lying about his new comic sales numbers???

2-With that post, I was asking why the difference. And how am I trying to discredit him?? I didn't say that he lied about his numbers? I noted that it was strange. (like, I don't know, maybe Boston-ites love Nightwing instead of Batman??) I'm a visual/stats and numbers type of person. I find it easier to see percentages, rankings, etc, rather than talking about this title vs that title. I have a science background. Hence, the curiosity.

I'm not a business. I don't own a store. I have nothing riding on the accuracies of Larry's reports. I deal with less than 10 copies each of "investment" comics. He deals with 10's of thousands. I don't have a feud with him. I've seen him write on the boards for all of the two months that I've been on. What motivation could I POSSIBLY have for trying to "discredit" his report??? Please, explain to me Fastball (or Jaded or Larry for that matter). And I'm not a "troll". I have family, work, rugby, comics and video games when I have a chance, etc to deal with. If I want to get a rise out of a complete stranger, I can think of much better ways than posting publicly recorded stats.

As you can see Deion, Larry "the comic guy" Doherty ran a screen play on the Modern Boardies. He made them think he was running with a monthly listing, when in reality he passed with a weekly list, for sales totalling 5 days. There's been controversy in this veterans career, but of late, he's giving the fans what they want, with his signature "weekly updates" list.

Now, on to Demarcus Ware and his amazingness...........

PS. This was a joke, in response to Jade saying I was talking like a retired linebacker.

PPS. I did play Outside for a few seasons. Great position to play.

Come on Larry!

I, too, would also like you to continue posting your weekly lists. I enjoy the insight into some issue that aren't discussed much on this, and other, boards. The under-valued issues are a good example of this.

Now comics:

Why is Twelve Reasons to Die so hot???

Look up Larrys report from two weeks ago.

He explains it pretty well.

12 REASONS TO DIE #1

BLACK MASK COMICS

(W) Ghostface Killah & Various (A) Breno Tamura & Various (CA) Christopher Mitten, Ronald Wimberly

12 Reasons To Die is a brutal tale of gangsters, betrayal, and one vengeful soul hunting the 12 Dons who conspired his murder. Created by Ghostface Killah and produced by RZA, this hard-knuckled horror/crime hybrid follows multiple timelines - and multiple artists - in the quest for revenge.

It wasn't my cup of tea as a read, BUT gangsta's n rappers are gonna want it.

The underlined part??

There are a bunch of variants.

The 1 in 4 looks like the one to grab.

Now comics:

And what are you drawing this from?

Completed auctions on Ebay are very lack luster.

1. book sold out at diamond day of release

2. book sells for double cover online

3. variants for this book are doing stupid things.

Now comics:

I Just figured it out.

There is a very large difference searching for Twelve Reasons to Die vs 12 Reasons to Die. doh!

Edited by Deliverence

Now comics:

Just from the talk on the board here. It was a title that's been brought up a few times. Was wondering why it's sold out, getting attention, etc.

Now comics:

For the three things you mention, why is this so??? Just the star power behind it?? Good preview/synopsis that people are reacting to?? Something else??

I guess this is what I meant by my initial question.

Edited by Dukes40