• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Never sell anything. Ever. Problem solved.

Compulsive_Hoarding-1.jpg

Then hoarding takes over.

Nice ceiling fan.

Ugghh. Can't stand when people keep action figures in the packages, and THEN display them. Either take them out and display them, or keep them in storage if you're going to sell them.

Yet more off topic stuff but I just can't resist today.....

Never bothered googling Jimmy Linguini before. Thought I'd give it a whirl....found some funny arse gut busting sheet that had me rolling.

First off...I think I might actually want to listen to this in my car:

"OFG I AM THE OFG"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_UGqSF4Jl8

Apparently alot of pre-occupation with the anus, but everyone's gotta love something. :)

Then this "Portrait" section on tumblr:

http://jimmylinguini.tumblr.com/

Too damn funny. That chick on the top left's cooch looks like it's seen some real vietnam pow action.....could drop a boxing glove in there without hitting the sides. True genius, I shoulda come up with that sort of thing years ago. Good times, good times.

JL, you certainly are all that and a bag of chips bro.

I saw one video where you were so baked I got a contact high!!!!

WTF?

I never thought that I would ever hear a rap song that mentions the CGC boards, Cherry comics, and a guy my dad from behind. All in the same song!

Nice ceiling fan.

Ugghh. Can't stand when people keep action figures in the packages, and THEN display them. Either take them out and display them, or keep them in storage if you're going to sell them.

Ugh. Can't stand when d-bags tell other people how to collect and display their own stuff.

Edited by seanfingh

Yet more off topic stuff but I just can't resist today.....

Never bothered googling Jimmy Linguini before. Thought I'd give it a whirl....found some funny arse gut busting sheet that had me rolling.

First off...I think I might actually want to listen to this in my car:

"OFG I AM THE OFG"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_UGqSF4Jl8

Apparently alot of pre-occupation with the anus, but everyone's gotta love something. :)

Then this "Portrait" section on tumblr:

http://jimmylinguini.tumblr.com/

Too damn funny. That chick on the top left's cooch looks like it's seen some real vietnam pow action.....could drop a boxing glove in there without hitting the sides. True genius, I shoulda come up with that sort of thing years ago. Good times, good times.

JL, you certainly are all that and a bag of chips bro.

I saw one video where you were so baked I got a contact high!!!!

WTF?

I never thought that I would ever hear a rap song that mentions the CGC boards, Cherry comics, and a guy my dad from behind. All in the same song!

I was wondering what the .gif was on his posts. Better as a .gif than youtube, being youtube has sound.

Viper appearance (shrug) viper will be in the new wolverine movie, I believe.

Ask these guys http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=23&PHPSESSID=

I thought that might be the reason but wasn't sure if I was missing something. That Viper isn't going to be in the Wloverine Movie.

I am pretty sure he's got the wrong issue, Madame Hydra/Viper first appears in a Cap 110

Larry's report was actually really informative this week with two exceptions:

Batman Beyond Unlimited #3. First Luke Fox in comics. New Batwing.

It's issue 2 not 3 that reprints the online material

and...

Battle Scars 1 is not the first appearance of Nick Fury jr.

Also wouldn't Civil War Choosing Sides be considered an Ant-Man Key?

So Cap 110 1st Madame Hydra and Cap 180 Madame Hydra becomes or takes on name Viper.

Nothing to do with the report in question but....

I know it's also been beat over the head with a dead horse but I would personally say, Iron Man 2: Agent's of SHIELD is Agent Coulson's 1st Full Appearance, being it's 2 years prior to Battle Scars #1.

Civil War: Choosing Sides (One Shot) Being Irredeemable Ant Man's 1st Appearance, came out a month prior to #1 and is a prelude story I believe.

I also must say that I do enjoy the report and post. It's always good to get different peoples opinion's on whats hot and speculative comics. Just a few things I think, and it's no knock on the Larry Report just my take that others might not care about or might possibly not agree with.

Personally I would think that Marvel Spotlight Vol 2 #6 would be a lot more desirable being it's the 1st comic book appearance of Star-Lord, personally could give two craps about the first comic appearance of Star Lords father J'son of Spartax

Instead of Thor #344, Power Pack #18, being that can be had for way cheaper. Kurse is way cooler IMO than Malekith. Power Pack #18 is Kurse's 1st Full and he cameo'd in Secret Wars II #4 and was Algrim the Strong in #347.

I'm also still a firm believer that X-Men Annual #14 is Gambit's 1st Appearance. People have stated it's brief or a cameo but he's in like 8-10 panels. With that said, I feel like 1st appearances with character on cover are always more desirable.

Nice ceiling fan.

Ugh. Can't stand when d-bags tell other people how to collect and display their own stuff.

Ugh. Can't stand when people post their points multiple times.

:baiting::grin:

Edited by whetteon

Well, I'm not being a Donut-Bag. I mean, do what they want, I wasn't trying to force this on people. It was just a tiny, one sentence comment. Just don't understand it, or agree with it usually, is all.

I also must say that I do enjoy the report and post. It's always good to get different peoples opinion's on whats hot and speculative comics.

CAN NOT PRAISE THIS MORE!!! Exactly why I'm on this board, read Lawrence's report, and look at other boards, sites, and sources. This is important for both financial and informative purposes, as well as for enjoyment and entertainment reasons.

Personally I would think that Marvel Spotlight Vol 2 #6 would be a lot more desirable being it's the 1st comic book appearance of Star-Lord, personally could give two craps about the first comic appearance of Star Lords father J'son of Spartax.

Haha ,ya. Like unless they REALLY develop him into an important, meaningful, interesting character (they PROBABLY wont), why WOULD anyone??

So Cap 110 1st Madame Hydra and Cap 180 Madame Hydra becomes or takes on name Viper.

Nothing to do with the report in question but....

I know it's also been beat over the head with a dead horse but I would personally say, Iron Man 2: Agent's of SHIELD is Agent Coulson's 1st Full Appearance, being it's 2 years prior to Battle Scars #1.

Civil War: Choosing Sides (One Shot) Being Irredeemable Ant Man's 1st Appearance, came out a month prior to #1 and is a prelude story I believe.

I also must say that I do enjoy the report and post. It's always good to get different peoples opinion's on whats hot and speculative comics. Just a few things I think, and it's no knock on the Larry Report just my take that others might not care about or might possibly not agree with.

Personally I would think that Marvel Spotlight Vol 2 #6 would be a lot more desirable being it's the 1st comic book appearance of Star-Lord, personally could give two craps about the first comic appearance of Star Lords father J'son of Spartax

Instead of Thor #344, Power Pack #18, being that can be had for way cheaper. Kurse is way cooler IMO than Malekith. Power Pack #18 is Kurse's 1st Full and he cameo'd in Secret Wars II #4 and was Algrim the Strong in #347.

I'm also still a firm believer that X-Men Annual #14 is Gambit's 1st Appearance. People have stated it's brief or a cameo but he's in like 8-10 panels. With that said, I feel like 1st appearances with character on cover are always more desirable.

Good to see that got cleaned up, welcome to the boards D00D. it gets a bit wild in this thread, but keep posting, everyone's thoughts and comments are welcome.

Any opinions on this:

A dealer at Ottawa Comicon said that Wolverine:Origins #10/1st Daken (and Daken in general) was getting popular/heating up. Any truth to this??

Any opinions on this:

A dealer at Ottawa Comicon said that Wolverine:Origins #10/1st Daken (and Daken in general) was getting popular/heating up. Any truth to this??

I think its pretty consistent. Most big 2 variants peak early on, then fall, then establish a price range. I have a #10 variant and a Canadian Flag Variant of the earlier issue. At the time I bought it, the Flag was worth more, 6 months later, the #10 third claw variant had surpassed it.

I havent seen any significant change in either of them in a long time. It would be news to me if they were spiking, and I'm pretty suspect, given the market as a whole for moderns seems to be flat tending towards down.

If the dealer had one to sell, i'd take his advice with a grain of salt. If he is just chatting, and not trying to sell you one, then maybe it holds more water.

Edited by CBT