• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure for an auction that indicates it hasn't been paid for yet, or that it didn't sell (if it got zero bids).
It goes under completed listings red then changes to green when paid + it's also posted to Sold Listings. It stays red if it's not paid for, gets no bids or the reserve is not met. So many rules.... :ohnoez:

Not true.

I just looked through completed listings to find some comics that I sold in the last two months that the buyers never paid for - they are showing up green. I assure you they never paid.

I love how deadbeat buyers will now leave you astounding feedback in the hopes that you will overlook their lack of payment and not report them as a non paying bidder.

Wasn't sure where to post this and didn't really want to start a new topic but....

Clone? Bedlam? Think Tank?

All 3 books are at about the same point in their existence... all seem to have a really loyal, albeit small, followings. I noticed some people discussing Think Tank and Clone as possibly not making it much further. I've read the same about Bedlam before.

So my question, which of the 3 do you think has the best chance at longetivity?

Wasn't sure where to post this and didn't really want to start a new topic but....

All 3 books are at about the same point in their existence... all seem to have a really loyal, albeit small, followings. I noticed some people discussing Think Tank and Clone as possibly not making it much further. I've read the same about Bedlam before.

I like Bedlam, but I think it is 3rd on that list. Spencer seems more into keeping MG going.

Clone has Kirkman behind it, so who knows how long he'll stick with a book that keeps falling in sales numbers. I also like this book and the writer comes from television, so the book might be able to translate easier to that medium than some others books that have been optioned and failed.

Think Tank has one of the best stories today. I know Matt Hawkins loves writing the book, but it's more of a question he can keep the artist on board. Sales will need to pick up for it to definitely go past issue 12 with both creators on board at the very least. Think Tank has also had a low print run throughout the life of the book unlike the others. If readership picks up or a TV rumor spreads, you could see a SG or PP like craze.

In short, they all need to increase their readership, but it's probably a tie between Clone and Think Tank.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I haven't read Think Tank (I'm sure I'll pick up a TPB eventually) but of the other two I am still reading and liking Clone and dropped Bedlam after the second issue. Bedlam seems to have polarized readers due to the content, and may be treading a thin line if any other problems come about. Clone doesn't have it much easier it would seem, but with Kirkman's support it may have more life left.

I haven't read Think Tank (I'm sure I'll pick up a TPB eventually) but of the other two I am still reading and liking Clone and dropped Bedlam after the second issue. Bedlam seems to have polarized readers due to the content, and may be treading a thin line if any other problems come about. Clone doesn't have it much easier it would seem, but with Kirkman's support it may have more life left.

I can send you reader copies of 1-4 if you'd like. I don't think the TPB (issues 1-4) includes the Science Class section that is found in each floppy. PM me if interested.

I would guess Think Tank. I thought it was well written and funny at times.

Check the print runs to see how its doing. I dont know about Clone, but print run for Bedlam has fallen considerably.

Very much agree. Think Tank stands out as not only a great read with character/plot development but also is one of the few books that holds its own with black and white.

I love the Clone storyline as well, even more after this week's issue, but the art still sometimes detracts its draw IMO. I'm getting used to it and the story keeps me reading as well as the fact that we all have different preferred art styles so I do hope that it gathers some more traction.

I don't necessarily understand some of the hate on Bedlam's content as I don't think that its any more graphic than some of the other comics that are lauded (I'm looking at you, WD) but can understand how some would not be drawn in to the storyline. I also think that the overhype hurt potential readership and with many other great reads, it drops off the map quickly.

Just my thoughts on content, not necessarily speculation but the optimistic me still believes that most of the time quality will win over in the end.

I would guess Think Tank. I thought it was well written and funny at times.

Check the print runs to see how its doing. I dont know about Clone, but print run for Bedlam has fallen considerably.

The last two issues (#5 & 6) of Think Tank haven't even cracked the top 300. Not sure if #7 will...I'm hoping it does. Issues 1-4 were 7K and down, so they didn't have to fall very far to vanish from the top 300.

Does anyone else think being published by Top Cow hurts Think Tank? I know Matt is the CEO, but Think Tank is more cerebral than other Top Cow books.

Bedlam #6 which was the most recent issue had a print run of 12,607 so it's obviously still selling quite well. I'm not the only one here who knows people who buy it that haven't picked up a comic book in years. It has a "wow" factor, being so over the top in the violence and twistedness, that's what I love about the book

Does anyone else think being published by Top Cow hurts Think Tank? I know Matt is the CEO, but Think Tank is more cerebral than other Top Cow books.

It shouldn't (shrug) It's doesn't matter that peter panzerfaust is under the Shadowline label or Thief of Thieves is under the Skybound label

It may have hurt the initial orders for the book. It shouldn't matter anymore now that it is 7 issues in.

I know Matt was conscious of this and revived the Minotaur Press imprint for more cerebral books like Think Tank and Last Mortal.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I personally dont see any of the 3 going away anytime soon.