• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I am thinking Stan Lee's signature hurts the values of any moderns.

why do you think that? i always thought it helped. i think, not certain, that moderns are usually collected by people just starting collecting comics, again, not certain. saying stan lee's signature on a silver age book in the silver thread, they might agree with you. i feel the younger collector who cant afford the high grade hulk 1 or af15 would settle for a $100 superior spiderman 9.8 by stan lee. im know im probably wrong but i see what his signatures on a raw bootsie book goes for so, iono.

Not in the slightest.

I think Stan's sig would make a paper plate worth a lot more than most moderns lol

I think he signs those too. :grin:

Thats perfect. I just bought 2 stacks of them :banana:

I've never understood the Deadpool fascination...especially once he became a clown....his comic is a bit like What The?

He is one I don't get either. My kids love him. I bet they have at least 2 Deadpool t-shirts each lol

The Bugs Bunny of the superhero set.

Nothing could be more wrong

Look up Superior Spider-man #1s with Lee's sig on them in CGC 9.8 slabs, and look at them without. Close to a $200 difference.

Nothing could be more wrong

Look up Superior Spider-man #1s with Lee's sig on them in CGC 9.8 slabs, and look at them without. Close to a $200 difference.

:o no way. Where is he signing at next? WW Chicago??

Edited by The Jerr

This book is booming..... It's not a bad read either.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=skyward+1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Probably a mega low print run, but you can find copy's of # 1 on their website.

Looks like only the variant for #1 is available unless I'm missing something.

none of the graphite editions or convention editions are available anywhere.

http://www.jeremy-dale.com/category/comics/skyward/page/16

Edited by MrWeen

I don't usually point out individual sellers but 1) they are not me and 2) August brings upon great prices but good items are limited.

All comics are CGC 9.8 certified. The AVX listings are very rare & have $0.99 starting bids without a reserve.

Uncanny Avengers variants: http://myworld.ebay.com/nmrhoridge

AVX 1:200 sketch variants: http://myworld.ebay.com/comic_blues2426

Edited by revivedrevival

hm

Growing up in Michagian, my LCS had a toilet. Living in SD for the past 10 years, the shops have no restrooms..

I think I wouldn't offer a washroom to patrons, discourage people from loitering.

Assuming that many businesses take this stance (which they do), I always wonder, where the hell are you supposed to go to the washroom then when you're out of the house and not at a mall or restaurant?? ?? ??

Or in the suburbs, where there's not a lot of business either??

As noted at comic shows, personal hygiene in the collecting community in general probably wouldn't inspire me to have a public washroom in a store, if I ran one. :grin:

Si. Sometimes they're just friggin disgusting. When you can smell someone from 15 feet away, there's kind of a problem. :insane:

hm

Growing up in Michagian, my LCS had a toilet. Living in SD for the past 10 years, the shops have no restrooms..

I think I wouldn't offer a washroom to patrons, discourage people from loitering.

Assuming that many businesses take this stance (which they do), I always wonder, where the hell are you supposed to go to the washroom then when you're out of the house and not at a mall or restaurant?? ?? ??

Or in the suburbs, where there's not a lot of business either??

As noted at comic shows, personal hygiene in the collecting community in general probably wouldn't inspire me to have a public washroom in a store, if I ran one. :grin:

The need to relieve myself isn't an issue, however I do like to wash my hands before, and after handling books.

(thumbs u Man, my hands get so black flipping through back issues sometimes.

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 @ $405 & 21 bids. :o

New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 @ $170 & 12 bids.

Deadpool #1 (1997) CGC 9.8 @ $150 & 3 bids.

Harbinger making a comeback. Thats cool. Ninjak and Secret Weapons are next :grin:

Kidding. I loved the old valiant stuff. I haven't followed the new because I can't get over Solar and Magnus not being a part of it. Seems a little empty. Bloodshot was always my favorite and Harbinger had a kind of new wave X-men feel. Liked that too.

Valiant is playing it smart. They're releasing new titles slower, building up readership on their initial ones, seeing if those have legs, etc. instead of inundating the market with 20 titles, overstreatching themselves, and ultimately tanking.