• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I've never understood the Deadpool fascination...especially once he became a clown....his comic is a bit like What The?

THANK YOU!! I do buy his stuff, BUT, he's best written when he has a more serious tone, a la Uncanny X-Force and his early New Mutants/X-Force appearances.

I've never understood what draws people to his ultra-goofy rendition.

•  
  • Best Cellars #1 is getting some traction as the original poster claims it's an early Goon Prototype. @ $15 & 4 bids.

Eric Powell has said it is not Goon, but an early prototype in interviews. It's definitely a worthwhile pickup for Goon fans, with a Franky "prototype" in the story as well.

Considering how many were printed....pretty good. If nothing else it makes me feel a bit better about those All New X-men #1s I have.

Edited by krighton

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 @ $405 & 21 bids. :o

New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 @ $170 & 12 bids.

Deadpool #1 (1997) CGC 9.8 @ $150 & 3 bids.

Time to submit my Harbinger??!!??

Not at all.

VH1 books are at the bottom cycle in their valuations, pretty much all across-the-board. There was an overwhelming sentiment the relaunch would increase demand and value for the originals, the opposite happened.

Considering how many were printed....pretty good. If nothing else it makes me feel a bit better about those All New X-men #1s I have.

Hmm. Ya, i totally passed on lots of extras of #1. Got a bit more of 3,4,5, since similar to what you mentioned, #1 was like twice the print run of later issues.

Why are you surprised at that Harbinger price? It's very status-quo... (shrug)

Yep Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8s have been selling steady in the $350-$425 range for at least the last year.

I'm surprised because a 9.6 sold for $56 in the last 2 weeks. It seems like a huge premium for the .2 but thats just me.

lol. You should have seen the disparity between the 9.6 when the 9.8 was selling for over 2k...if only there was a way to arbitrage that differential at the time.... hm

Not at all.

VH1 books are at the bottom cycle in their valuations, pretty much all across-the-board. There was an overwhelming sentiment the relaunch would increase demand and value for the originals, the opposite happened.

Hmmmm.

So say that mine is a 9.8 (no clue if it is), raw it's what, like $50-$80?

Wouldn't it be worth it for the $200 price jump, or more??

Or are you saying "that's it", as in, that $200-$400 price is going to go down significantly?

Edited by Dukes40

Why are you surprised at that Harbinger price? It's very status-quo... (shrug)

Yep Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8s have been selling steady in the $350-$425 range for at least the last year.

I suppose because I haven't been paying attention until just now. :blush:

•  
  • Best Cellars #1 is getting some traction as the original poster claims it's an early Goon Prototype. @ $15 & 4 bids.

Eric Powell has said it is not Goon, but an early prototype in interviews. It's definitely a worthwhile pickup for Goon fans, with a Franky "prototype" in the story as well.

Thanks for setting me straight! (thumbs u

Not at all.

The peak for most books was about 10 years or so ago when everyone started to accumulate them again. I posted some auction results in an older thread from back then, but those were the good old days when you could flipyou could flip a raw Chaos Effect Omega Gold for $50 - $80 as fast as you could list them.

Edited by kimik

Not at all.

The peak for most books was about 10 years or so ago when everyone started to accumulate them again. I posted some auction results in an older thread from back then, but those were the good old days when you could flip a raw Chaos Effect Omega Gold for $50 - $80 as fast as you could list them. lol

The good old days. :luhv:

•  

No prob! The book typically goes for $50 to $100 - I think it was limited to 1000 copies.

•  

No prob! The book typically goes for $50 to $100 - I think it was limited to 1000 copies.

Best Goon related comics:

Avatar Illustrated 0 ( doesn't this predate Dreamwalker 0 by a month or two? )

DHP 157

Dreamwalker Carousel 1

Digital Webbing Presents 5

Drawing on your Nightmares 1 RRP

Satan's Sodomy Baby

Diamond Previews Aug,Sept,Nov,Dec 2005 & Feb 2006

Edited by MrWeen

Not at all.

Hmmmm.

So say that mine is a 9.8 (no clue if it is), raw it's what, like $50-$80?

Wouldn't it be worth it for the $200 price jump, or more??

Or are you saying "that's it", as in, that $200-$400 price is going to go down significantly?

Well there's been a lot of discussion that with the 'softening' in grading of Harbinger 1 over the years, a 9.8 is a bit more common. Not to sound like a , but under these old standards with CGC it is very unlikely your book would grade 9.8. Check the census, that's why the first few copies sold for over 2k. Then it churned down in and around $1,000, eventually sliding to $500, before now settling where it is now, around $400 mark. It has never hit $200 (aside from maybe one fluke sale).

I would agree that at $400 or so, it's not that bad of a purchase (I personally don't collect slabs), it more than likely won't go much lower, the floor is in - but the upside is very limited as well.

Super unlikely it will get back to $1k. But I digress; I've already beaten this subject to death on the VF boards.

If there's a thread on moderns that are cooling off (good time to buy), throw a dart at most VH1 books, and even some of the HTF Acclaims.