• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I couldn't agree more. I have been accumulating as much as possible. Up to 50 issues of #1 First Prints and probably 30+ of the 2nd Print. There are no boundaries or limitations in animation so the writing will truly shine. This is going to be a cult hit IMHO. Cannot ever remember a book with as sharp a wit.

I agree. It is one of the funniest comics out.

I was a kid with Howard the Duck #1 and watched it shoot to $25 in the next year. Then that horrible movie came out and it tanked immediately. I def would sell some before a movie or cartoon comes out.

I liked the Howard the Duck movie :sorry:

I couldn't agree more. I have been accumulating as much as possible. Up to 50 issues of #1 First Prints and probably 30+ of the 2nd Print. There are no boundaries or limitations in animation so the writing will truly shine. This is going to be a cult hit IMHO. Cannot ever remember a book with as sharp a wit.

I was a kid with Howard the Duck #1 and watched it shoot to $25 in the next year. Then that horrible movie came out and it tanked immediately. I def would sell some before a movie or cartoon comes out.

I appreciate the advice but I am a purist degenerate at heart and somehow my wife sees speculating on comics as not the same as placing a $110 wager on the Green Bay Packers -7.5. Who knew. I actually blame Peter Panzerfaust for my affliction. Had 10 beautiful copies that I paid $3.00 each for and sold for $40.00 each. Sounds great except for making the mistake of checking on Ebay 3 weeks later and seeing them going for $200+. It has become a dark spot on my soul.

I don't think we've seen the ceiling on this book. It's a much better book than Peter Panzerfaust and while the print run is slightly larger, it's still low. I see this could be a $500 book at some point. :wishluck:

I would agree with that assessment and I love the fact that the book has almost no variants. Sadly out of 20+ copies I only have one 9.8 copy. I guess I should re-look again.

Leah Thompson :luhv:

I don't think we've seen the ceiling on this book. It's a much better book than Peter Panzerfaust and while the print run is slightly larger, it's still low. I see this could be a $500 book at some point. :wishluck:

I would agree with that assessment and I love the fact that the book has almost no variants. Sadly out of 20+ copies I only have one 9.8 copy. I guess I should re-look again.

None of my raw copies are 9.8 candidates either. Luckily, I was able to grab some slabs before the news broke.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I couldn't agree more. I have been accumulating as much as possible. Up to 50 issues of #1 First Prints and probably 30+ of the 2nd Print.

50 is really impressive. Nearly 1% of all print runs :applause:

You started accumulating before or after the news broke?

I think a lot depends on whether the news for animation show manage to shine a spotlight on the title and pull in new fans. If it did, it doesn't matter if the TV show is a success or not.

Ken mentioned that issue 5 has a 7% improvement in print run over issue 4.

Issue 5 = 107%*7113 = 7611

Issue 1 = 7879

So, we are getting close back to issue one print run, which is rare in Modern comics but highly desirable. (if we look at CBT's previous post regarding print runs and price appreciation)

If the growth continues and the title hits over 10k in print run, expect even the raw copies to shoot up in prices as more new fans want to own a copy of issue one for their collection.

My 2 cents

I couldn't agree more. I have been accumulating as much as possible. Up to 50 issues of #1 First Prints and probably 30+ of the 2nd Print.

Just before and still am. I have paid as little as $6.99 and as much as $45 (for premium condition). I think people are really sleeping on the 2nd prints. Completely different lineup. I got 6 copies for about $67 last week.

Just before and still am. I have paid as little as $6.99 and as much as $45 (for premium condition). I think people are really sleeping on the 2nd prints. Completely different lineup. I got 6 copies for about $67 last week.

6 copies of #1 First Print

Leah Thompson :luhv:

That was really good leg/butt combo on her bed when Howard was telling her he is starting to appreciate the female human form :cloud9:

I think people are really sleeping on the 2nd prints. Completely different lineup. I got 6 copies for about $67 last week.

Todd #1 second prints? 67 for 6 copies? If i'm understanding you correctly, you could get nice quality copies on feebay for less than 10 a pop.

OK. to be 100% honest. I read Todd #1 when it came out and though it was mess. Has it actually gotten decent or are people just all over it cause it has a potential TV deal.

OK. to be 100% honest. I read Todd #1 when it came out and though it was mess. Has it actually gotten decent or are people just all over it cause it has a potential TV deal.

It is hard to say whether it has improved since what we like in comics can be quite different. The only thing is that Todd has always have a stable fan base, based on the print run numbers. There was not much speculation in the scale that other titles like EoW or Lazarus have experienced.

The TV news serves to attract more attention to the title and hopefully, some among them will like the series and become fans.

I think people are really sleeping on the 2nd prints. Completely different lineup. I got 6 copies for about $67 last week.

Todd #1 second prints? 67 for 6 copies? If i'm understanding you correctly, you could get nice quality copies on feebay for less than 10 a pop.

Those were first prints. Didn't clarify that well.

Batman: The Dark Knight 23.4

I went to order this at a LCS today, I ordered ten copies. The LCS called to let me know Diamond was strictly allocating orders and it was a no-go. FYI.

Was this the 3D cover or was this the case for the standard edition as well?

3d covers are the only ones that should have been allocated. This isn't news. Every store in my area has been spamming their newslettters, twitter feeds and fb statues with the same 'if you didn't sub the corresponding title for months, you have little shot at getting a 3d cover.'

I just want 1 copy of all the Batman rogues gallery and that alone is going to be a challenge (at cover price.)

Bane

Clayface

Harley

Joker

Killer Croc

Penguin

Poison Ivy

Ra's Al Gul

Riddler

Scarecrow

Two Face

Solomon Grundy

* Man- Bat

* Deadshot

* If I don't get these, I won't care.

I do plan on getting any others I can and using them to trade for titles above that I cannot get.

See I think the book is better then average but I LOVE Todd. I

Think the potential for that character is amazing and will thrive

In cartoon form.

matter of opinion, I think PP is a much better book.

I think both are great books. Kind of weird comparing the two books (totally different genre's) but there is not a comic out there currently that I feel someone could make the statement "Much better book" in comparison to Todd the Ugliest kid on Earth. It hits on all cylinders. I guess you could be turned off by the subject matter but just cannot deny it's genius. read it for third time last night and it is still painfully funny.

I mean....I like it a lot, and it's fairly funny. I don't think it's as hilarious as people are making it out to be though.