• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I couldn't agree more. I have been accumulating as much as possible. Up to 50 issues of #1 First Prints and probably 30+ of the 2nd Print. There are no boundaries or limitations in animation so the writing will truly shine. This is going to be a cult hit IMHO. Cannot ever remember a book with as sharp a wit.

I agree. It is one of the funniest comics out.

I was a kid with Howard the Duck #1 and watched it shoot to $25 in the next year. Then that horrible movie came out and it tanked immediately. I def would sell some before a movie or cartoon comes out.

I appreciate the advice but I am a purist degenerate at heart and somehow my wife sees speculating on comics as not the same as placing a $110 wager on the Green Bay Packers -7.5. Who knew. I actually blame Peter Panzerfaust for my affliction. Had 10 beautiful copies that I paid $3.00 each for and sold for $40.00 each. Sounds great except for making the mistake of checking on Ebay 3 weeks later and seeing them going for $200+. It has become a dark spot on my soul.

Ya, I tried Pro Line for football once or twice. NEVER bet on football.

My second time was the week that Flutie decided to get awesome with the Bills, and killed the then super-powered Jaguars.

NEVER AGAIN!

I couldn't agree more. I have been accumulating as much as possible. Up to 50 issues of #1 First Prints and probably 30+ of the 2nd Print. There are no boundaries or limitations in animation so the writing will truly shine. This is going to be a cult hit IMHO. Cannot ever remember a book with as sharp a wit.

I agree. It is one of the funniest comics out.

I was a kid with Howard the Duck #1 and watched it shoot to $25 in the next year. Then that horrible movie came out and it tanked immediately. I def would sell some before a movie or cartoon comes out.

I liked the Howard the Duck movie :sorry:

Leah Thompson :luhv:

That was really good leg/butt combo on her bed when Howard was telling her he is starting to appreciate the female human form :cloud9:

Where's the rest of her???

OK. to be 100% honest. I read Todd #1 when it came out and though it was mess. Has it actually gotten decent or are people just all over it cause it has a potential TV deal.

I think it's fairly consistent across all the issues.

Like I said before, I like the comic a lot for some reason, but find people are talking up the humour like it's the funniest thing they've ever seen.

It's funny enough, but not nearly as much as people are lauding it for.

3d covers are the only ones that should have been allocated. This isn't news. Every store in my area has been spamming their newslettters, twitter feeds and fb statues with the same 'if you didn't sub the corresponding title for months, you have little shot at getting a 3d cover.'

I just want 1 copy of all the Batman rogues gallery and that alone is going to be a challenge (at cover price.)

Bane

Clayface

Harley

Joker

Killer Croc

Penguin

Poison Ivy

Ra's Al Gul

Riddler

Scarecrow

Two Face

Solomon Grundy

* Man- Bat

* Deadshot

* If I don't get these, I won't care.

I do plan on getting any others I can and using them to trade for titles above that I cannot get.

Man, one of my stores isn't even giving to subscribers! It's just putting them on the shelves, and allowing 1 per customer for the 3Ds.

They did say, though, that a set of all of them is going to be released for about $200, later on.

Ya, I tried Pro Line for football once or twice. NEVER bet on football.

My second time was the week that Flutie decided to get awesome with the Bills, and killed the then super-powered Jaguars.

NEVER AGAIN!

Don't play proline play on Bodog. I can send you my referral code so I get a bonus. MUCH MUCH more to bet on and better odds/payouts.

It has a 100 or so bets for the superbowl from everything like anthem length to gatorade colour. During the regular season you can be on how well certain players will or will not preform as well as spreads and lines.

Not sure which is more fun...I think football betting has the immediate sensation you won where comic books can be YEARS down the road.

DCBS has a discount sale for ALL of them right now. It might be the way to go if you have the funds.

All of what?

I could only find the omnibus for the villian month.

If there was a full set of 3d covers, it was most likely the 2nd print set. It is gone now but will be re-solicited soon.

If it was a full set of 1st print 3d covers, it is long gone and has a chance of being canceled.

Either way, nothing of interest on their site that I could find.

DCBS has a discount sale for ALL of them right now. It might be the way to go if you have the funds.

All of what?

I could only find the omnibus for the villian month.

If there was a full set of 3d covers, it was most likely the 2nd print set. It is gone now but will be re-solicited soon.

If it was a full set of 1st print 3d covers, it is long gone and has a chance of being canceled.

Either way, nothing of interest on their site that I could find.

It most likely the regular covers they are selling because for the last month they have been emailing those who have placed more than one order of the 3d covers to cancel a few of them due to the slow supply. For those that did cancel a few them, they were able to get the regular covers for like 70% off

All I can tell you if you haven't ordered them quite awhile ago you aren't going to get them.

I envy people that can go early to stores that don't work or work 2nd shift because these books are extremely limited even to larger stores.

I hope shop owners are ready for the chaos they are about to have next week. Plan well and you will have new customers or keep your loyal ones.

By Wed night all the whiners will come on here and complain about how this or that shop limited them to one book. How its not right they should be able to buy all the want from the shelf etc... etc... :blahblah:

For once just save us the posts.

Edited by Fastballspecial

All I can tell you if you haven't ordered them quite awhile ago you aren't going to get them.

I envy people that can go early to stores that don't work or work 2nd shift because these books are extremely limited even to larger stores.

I hope shop owners are ready for the chaos they are about to have next week. Plan well and you will have new customers or keep your loyal ones.

By Wed night all the whiners will come on here and complain about how this or that shop limited them to one book. How its not right they should be able to buy all the want from the shelf etc... etc... :blahblah:

For once just save us the posts.

You can still order quite a few of the 3D villain covers that are releasing next week from Midtown.

Yeah didnt think it would be that hard to get these until DC started to cut the print runs on them. Was looking forward to BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #23.4..., not just because of the Jokers Daughter but also because the day before is my birthday and since I have been old enough to always try to find one good book or character I like and by one title of what is published the week of my birthday, sounds corny i know but it is what it is.

I saw Todd in previews and ordered 10 copies.

I didn't read it until the trade paper back came out.

words can't describe how good of a read it is.

hope you kept those diamond issues, that's a color first appearance if i have ever seen one

IMG_2667_zpsb62eeb1f.jpg

Edited by MrWeen