• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

I just found what I heard existed from James Stokoe...

That there where two version of Orc Stain one, one with matte pages and slightly dark cover 'one -eye'

and one with 'shiny pages' and a lighter 'one eye'

I finally found an example of both....I am hoping the pictures are clear enough to show what I am saying...

1236459_10151919389331934_513393673_n.jpg

1234915_10151919394471934_168485188_n.jpg

I have only ever seen this one of the 'matte pages'

According to James, those were 'taken away' and replaced with the shinny ones...

Maybe the buyer thinks it is pressable? WD 3s are starting to get out of hand in price. 90 day GPA is $572.

Sweet. Ya, I have a 9.6 signed by Adlard (just got it back a month ago from CGC). Prices on raws have been like $150-$230 for the last six months, so I was sort of down since I paid $250 raw. Even the one I have was only going for like $250 or so. Thought those prices were a tad low. Glad to see they've gained some steam.

'Locke & Key' Movie Gets New Writer, Alex Kurtzman Says

"I believe in it so much, and I believe in Joe Hill," Kurtzman said of the "Locke & Key" movie. "All I want is to make that movie."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/09/10/locke-key-movie-new-writer/

Remember when I ordered 5 of the #1 negative variant from Dynamic Forces......... and they cancelled my order?? Ya, that was awesome!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/10/even-supermans-coins-are-lenticular-and-in-french-kryptonian/

Lenticular 3D stuff is about to be in the news....how are they gonna talk about the coins and not mention the sold out comic books? As we all know...when news breaks comic prices go through the roof....suddenly a million people want something that has a print run of 40,000...

So as a betting man, which I am, I think these covers are going to be worth a lot more in the next week or so...I can be wrong, I have been before and I will be again....

Yup - it's Just Ryan. Classy guy & seller

lol , I sent the wrong link . That's what I get for drinking and buying comics all day. My Todd 9.6 ended at 50 lol

I can vouch that Ryan is a great seller. I've brought many a book from him. As a matter of fact you linked to the auction that I won from him. lol.

BTW, let me also say thanks for all the wonderful advice I've picked up here. I've been out of collecting books for about 20 years due to school and family but I'm now back with a vengenance. Nine long boxes in 9 months. Luckily, I've got an understanding better half. lol.