• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,853 posts in this topic

The graphite variants are from 2 years ago or something, not a book you have a good chance of finding in the wild. The first prints and the SDCC variant aren't selling at all.

Glad I sold the VF #1 and VF/NM #2 I found at a LCS for $19.99 a couple of weeks ago when I did then. I still have a NM/NM+ copy of #1 on hand that I found in a pile of modern stuff in the office, though.....should have sold it sooner. :cry:

The graphite variants are from 2 years ago or something, not a book you have a good chance of finding in the wild. The first prints and the SDCC variant aren't selling at all.

Glad I sold the VF #1 and VF/NM #2 I found at a LCS for $19.99 a couple of weeks ago when I did then. I still have a NM/NM+ copy of #1 on hand that I found in a pile of modern stuff in the office, though.....should have sold it sooner. :cry:

It sounds like you did we'll. Some of these comics lately have a one or two week shelf life lol

I can't keep up they move so fast. I like this book and only bought one. I think the art is top notch. I'm glad it got enough attention to get it out of the gates. I would say that's the biggest positive of all of the instant hot/instant cold books.

I noticed that Midtown is out of Skyward #1

Westfield Comics has some and I just bought some Catwoman 23 for cover. This was about 10 minutes ago so I think they might still have some left

Are these heating up again? :acclaim:

nope

Graphite variants of issue one have sold close to 100 or more on Ebay so I would say the comic has value, regular cover is dead, not sure about this one though.

photo_zpsde46f81a.jpg

Where is he issue from

Deadpool #11 NM- even and it's already $18+? And I seen past sells as $20? WTH? hm

It's because it's "Gem WOW!"

It could be the issue that 2 different people have been looking for forever to complete their run ? lol

Negative. I looked at the Ebay past sales and found multiple copies all getting $20+. This is obviously something... Not sure why though.

Probably the homage cover.

Here's the synopsis. Sounds like it could be interesting-ish:

"Deadpool and Blind Al are stuck in an old Spider-man comic. While there Deadpool uses his image inducer to look like Peter Parker. He also runs into a younger Weasel and accidentally starts hm on his path of crime. They eventually, with the help of young Weasel get back to their own time."

I noticed that Midtown is out of Skyward #1

Westfield Comics has some and I just bought some Catwoman 23 for cover. This was about 10 minutes ago so I think they might still have some left

Are these heating up again? :acclaim:

nope

Graphite variants of issue one have sold close to 100 or more on Ebay so I would say the comic has value, regular cover is dead, not sure about this one though.

photo_zpsde46f81a.jpg

Where is he issue from

I know it's not very hot, but it's cheaper than Ebay AND they had Catwoman 23 for cover lol. I bought one of each just in case.

It sounds like you did we'll. Some of these comics lately have a one or two week shelf life lol

I can't keep up they move so fast. I like this book and only bought one. I think the art is top notch. I'm glad it got enough attention to get it out of the gates. I would say that's the biggest positive of all of the instant hot/instant cold books.

Okay, but that one or two week shelf life is over the VERY short term flip. I tend not to judge the value of a series until it's at a MINIMUM 12 issues, but more so 24 and up.

There really aren't many post-Walking Dead prospect series that are at the 24 issue point yet, so it will be interesting to see how all of these series play out.

We're, on one hand, seeing the ultra-flip, the 3-10 issue (in some cases 1 or 2 issues), then movie/tv rumour, huge spike, then crash if it falls through.

There's also the slow, gradual rising series as well, that get a chance to simmer for a while (some have the tv/movie thing happen, some don't). As they start hitting 20 issues, 30 issues, 50 issues, people are going back to the earlier issues, and prices get re-evaluated and rise.

Saga is only at issue #13, if you can believe it (LOVE the cover).

Morning Glories is just now hitting #30.

Marvel keeps effing up their numbering.

DCs are around #23 right now.

Can anyone think of any hot/previously hot/important series that are over #30 right now?

Okay, but that one or two week shelf life is over the VERY short term flip. I tend not to judge the value of a series until it's at a MINIMUM 12 issues, but more so 24 and up.

There really aren't many post-Walking Dead prospect series that are at the 24 issue point yet, so it will be interesting to see how all of these series play out.

We're, on one hand, seeing the ultra-flip, the 3-10 issue (in some cases 1 or 2 issues), then movie/tv rumour, huge spike, then crash if it falls through.

There's also the slow, gradual rising series as well, that get a chance to simmer for a while (some have the tv/movie thing happen, some don't). As they start hitting 20 issues, 30 issues, 50 issues, people are going back to the earlier issues, and prices get re-evaluated and rise.

Can anyone think of any hot/previously hot/important series that are over #30 right now?

Eventually the will do away with numbering. They really don`t need it. I even think if you look at some Sonic and Mega man covers you can`t even find the number?

watch, skullkickers 1 make a comeback...I think it's still being published, i see a copy out on the rack every month

Eventually the will do away with numbering. They really don`t need it. I even think if you look at some Sonic and Mega man covers you can`t even find the number?

Hmmm..like just have the June 2013 X-Men issue?

(or in most of marvels cases, the June 2013 Weeks 1,2, and 4 issues) :frustrated:

Hmmm..like just have the June 2013 X-Men issue?

(or in most of marvels cases, the June 2013 Weeks 1,2, and 4 issues) :frustrated:

When they stop and rebooted Spider-Man, X-Men, Detective Comics and Action Comics that showed the writing was on the wall. They don`t care about long-time fans like us. Make them all number ones! :mad:

there are a bunch of books that would ordinarily rate highly here....but I think everyone's pocket books are exhausted by the 3d bucks...

Some of those titan books might really explode once things calm down with the 3d covers...

numbercruncher

chronos commandos

Ballistic

hit

infinity

great stuff but mostly seem to be ignored by the market...