• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Here's some further clarification....

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?467322-Marvel-Announces-All-New-Marvel-NOW!-Series-quot-Avengers-quot-Renumbering

It's not another reboot nor another renumbering.....just more confusing, seemingly changing .1s and .2s to .NOWs.

Edited by krighton

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?467322-Marvel-Announces-All-New-Marvel-NOW!-Series-quot-Avengers-quot-Renumbering

It's not another reboot nor another renumbering.....just more confusing, seemingly changing .1s and .2s to .NOWs.

And then they'll switch back to the original numberings so that the main titles can celebrate issue 600, 700, 800, etc... lol

So once Invaders ends at #11.....

(you know, since all the other Invaders series were SOOOOO wildly popular.)

And Inhuman ends at #14...

(psyched about this though, as I love the Inhumans. They never last though.)

Do they not understand that there numbers would be good no matter what.

Put it this way.....how long do these #1's last on the shelves???

A week for the popular and/or underordered stuff.

A month for other stuff.

Try finding any of the #1 Mavel Now! stuff , well, NOW. After 2 months, nothing was left.

And I'm pretty sure readers they're trying to gain, aren't seeing the new stuff through web articles.

So, if there's only a VERY limited window where you can rope in new readers with the Decaffeinated Crystal Pepsi Presents #1's (ESPECIALLY when they start shipping twice and thrice a month like All-New X-Men!, Deadpool, etc!), and people who want to get into comics/are new to it/get back into comics probably aren't monitoring sites for the next reeboot (i.e. these articles happen months in advance, they may or may not stumble upon them).

HOW are they "ropping in" new readers???

Answer, they're really not. Yes, numbers are going up, but I think they probably would anyway. And I think the new readers are probably just old readers of other comics. (ie. with me, the # of books I get has been growing exponentially. It has NOTHING to do with reboots, renumbering,etc.).

I heard a rumor at a LCS yesterday that after Infinity Marvel might be relaunching books again from #1. This came from one of the guys working there. Has anyone else heard this?

Ooooooooohhhh, read that as "Marvel might be relaunching Infinity at #1", and thought you were making a joke. hhahahah, could you imagine?!?!?!

http://icv2.com/articles/markets/26673.html

What a joke. So I take it I should dump all of my Marvel Now titles before the All New #1s come out one year later? I guess this is Marvels new way of making $$$ - release #1s for everything each year.

Are you kidding me? A book only makes it to issue 24 before they reboot the numbering again?

It's issue #24 - Rogue Planet #1.

These will be all new story arcs with a big #1 on the cover, the issue numbers will not revert

Guest firstappearance1

I just purchased a Robocop #1 1990 marvel cgc 9.6 for $45.

Does anyone think this has any potential to heat up. With Transformers 1

and GI Joe 1 in the same grade at an average of $100 I feel

like this might be an under the radar issue? The trailer has

15 million views in a week so there is huge interest.

Any thoughts please on the issue and price paid?

I just purchased a Robocop #1 1990 marvel cgc 9.6 for $45.

Does anyone think this has any potential to heat up. With Transformers 1

and GI Joe 1 in the same grade at an average of $100 I feel

like this might be an under the radar issue? The trailer has

15 million views in a week so there is huge interest.

Any thoughts please on the issue and price paid?

Why would Robocop #1 go up in value?

The comic came out after the movie, the only good Robocop comic is written by the director of the WORST sequel in Robocop history and its a Terminator corssover AND the comic book is not a first appearance which is pretty much implied by the above.

Also, this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robocop-1-CGC-graded-9-6-from-March-1990-Based-on-the-motion-picture-/380711190744?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58a427c0d8

Guest firstappearance1

That link actually makes me happy as including shipping it sold for $26.00 5 days ago. So the trailer had only 5 million views at that time.

Reasons why I think this could be a potential sleeper:

1. Robocop last stand from Boom so still relevant

2. Correct me if I'm wrong but GI Joe and Transformers 1 comics were after the cartoons and they are considered keys

3. 15 million views in a week for a reboot is insane so there is a market for a trilogy and quality cast with the likes of Samuel L Jackson and Gary Oldman

4. According to comic vine this is the first true appearance of Robocop in comics

as the 1987 magazine is just that a magazine, unless you are using Rocket Raccoon Marvel Preview vs hulk cover as a comparison.

5. New Frank Miller graphic novel is selling well.

$45 is a calculated risk that I think just might be a decent investment but only time will tell.

Guest firstappearance1

I actually may be onto something here. There is one on flea bay right now at $31 including shipping with a day to go and 4 bids. The one that sold 5 days ago had 18 bids. This one may sneak up on some people if the movie is a huge success. It also is ranked 26 on IMDB so unless if the reviews suck I think robocop will be back in a big way which means demand for t shirts, novelizations and maybe just maybe his first appearance??

That link actually makes me happy as including shipping it sold for $26.00 5 days ago. So the trailer had only 5 million views at that time.

Reasons why I think this could be a potential sleeper:

1. Robocop last stand from Boom so still relevant

2. Correct me if I'm wrong but GI Joe and Transformers 1 comics were after the cartoons and they are considered keys

3. 15 million views in a week for a reboot is insane so there is a market for a trilogy and quality cast with the likes of Samuel L Jackson and Gary Oldman

4. According to comic vine this is the first true appearance of Robocop in comics

as the 1987 magazine is just that a magazine, unless you are using Rocket Raccoon Marvel Preview vs hulk cover as a comparison.

5. New Frank Miller graphic novel is selling well.

$45 is a calculated risk that I think just might be a decent investment but only time will tell.

G I Joe #1 came out a year before the G I joe four part animated series that started the cartoon series.

Transformers #1 came out in September of 1984 - the tv show also aired for the first time in the US in September of 1984.

And they're not really considered keys, but most people (including CGC label writers) say the comics are based on the toyline.

Arn't they doing a new Godzilla movie in a year or two? I have a stack of marvel Godzilla #1's I can unload to you on the cheap if you want to play that game.