• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,831 posts in this topic

Guest firstappearance1

Wow, busy last couple days at my shop and I decide to come back to this forum to a surprise. My last post has been deleted. Granted my gesture may of been a bit juvenile but I was expressing myself after having been treated rudely by what looks to be a long time poster. Oh we'll, I will just go back to my day job which is owning a comic book store. I will also be taking my Robocop,etc speculation elsewhere as it seems that no one wants to discuss any books other than villian covers and Walking Dead. Kind of a shame since I have learned alot on this board and always looked forward to reading it when I wasn't slammed at my shop. Maybe CPG forum will open some of my speculating with open arms. I see how poorly Larry gets treated and I don't wanna be the new whipping boy. Nuff said

Guest firstappearance1

With all due respect , I did share and I was ridiculed. If I treated my customers that way I would be out of business in no time. In retrospect, I should probably just stay behind the scenes as a good number of the issues I mentioned in my post are titles I get asked about several times weekly and it does not appear that although modern issues, those books are not ready to be talked about here. Back issues and key issues are a huge part of my business in moderns and at the end of the day alot of that depends on why myself and my staff put on the wall. We listen to the pulse of the people who walk through my door and rest assured robocop is in demand. We sold a non AFA Mcfarlane Robocop MOC for $60 the other day and have sold tons of the raw early issues from Marvel. CGC seemed like the next logical step and I thought I would get the opinion of what I had come to view as a knowledgable board. Sadly the attitude of some posters was quite disheartening. So again, maybe it's best for me to just stay behind the scenes but I do appreciate your sincere effort to reach out.

With all due respect , I did share and I was ridiculed. If I treated my customers that way I would be out of business in no time. In retrospect, I should probably just stay behind the scenes as a good number of the issues I mentioned in my post are titles I get asked about several times weekly and it does not appear that although modern issues, those books are not ready to be talked about here. Back issues and key issues are a huge part of my business in moderns and at the end of the day alot of that depends on why myself and my staff put on the wall. We listen to the pulse of the people who walk through my door and rest assured robocop is in demand. We sold a non AFA Mcfarlane Robocop MOC for $60 the other day and have sold tons of the raw early issues from Marvel. CGC seemed like the next logical step and I thought I would get the opinion of what I had come to view as a knowledgable board. Sadly the attitude of some posters was quite disheartening. So again, maybe it's best for me to just stay behind the scenes but I do appreciate your sincere effort to reach out.
. You weren't ridiculed, someone was direct and they disagreed with you and pointed out that your post was more appropriate in another forum. For some reason, you took offense and posted a giant middle finger. People are free to disagree here, I read the posts and the other poster was direct but not rude or insulting. Instead of backing up your assertions with facts and analysis, you posted a giant middle finger, and then you act like a martyr and threaten to take your wisdom elsewhere.

I just purchased a Robocop #1 1990 marvel cgc 9.6 for $45.

Does anyone think this has any potential to heat up. With Transformers 1

and GI Joe 1 in the same grade at an average of $100 I feel

like this might be an under the radar issue? The trailer has

15 million views in a week so there is huge interest.

Any thoughts please on the issue and price paid?

Why would Robocop #1 go up in value?

The comic came out after the movie, the only good Robocop comic is written by the director of the WORST sequel in Robocop history and its a Terminator corssover AND the comic book is not a first appearance which is pretty much implied by the above.

Also, this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robocop-1-CGC-graded-9-6-from-March-1990-Based-on-the-motion-picture-/380711190744?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58a427c0d8

Question: What does OFG stand for?

That link actually makes me happy as including shipping it sold for $26.00 5 days ago. So the trailer had only 5 million views at that time.

Reasons why I think this could be a potential sleeper:

1. Robocop last stand from Boom so still relevant

2. Correct me if I'm wrong but GI Joe and Transformers 1 comics were after the cartoons and they are considered keys

3. 15 million views in a week for a reboot is insane so there is a market for a trilogy and quality cast with the likes of Samuel L Jackson and Gary Oldman

4. According to comic vine this is the first true appearance of Robocop in comics

as the 1987 magazine is just that a magazine, unless you are using Rocket Raccoon Marvel Preview vs hulk cover as a comparison.

5. New Frank Miller graphic novel is selling well.

$45 is a calculated risk that I think just might be a decent investment but only time will tell.

2. Ya, but GI Joe and Transormers are 100 times more popular than Robocop. Their not even in the same galaxy in terms of releveance.

3. Just viewing a trailer doesn't mean that will translate to ticket sale, or even popularity. It only shoes that people wanted to see what the movie will look like.

5. $45 is fine to invest on this. Not like you stand to lose tones, but could double your money.

Wow, busy last couple days at my shop and I decide to come back to this forum to a surprise. My last post has been deleted. Granted my gesture may of been a bit juvenile but I was expressing myself after having been treated rudely by what looks to be a long time poster. Oh we'll, I will just go back to my day job which is owning a comic book store. I will also be taking my Robocop,etc speculation elsewhere as it seems that no one wants to discuss any books other than villian covers and Walking Dead. Kind of a shame since I have learned alot on this board and always looked forward to reading it when I wasn't slammed at my shop. Maybe CPG forum will open some of my speculating with open arms. I see how poorly Larry gets treated and I don't wanna be the new whipping boy. Nuff said

They probably just thought you needed more pieces of flair. Now look at Larry over there. He has Thirty-Seven pieces of flair.

Edited by Dukes40

I find nerds, geeks, etc will complain about being picked on (which I don't condone), yet give them the proper venue, and they're just as bad, or even worse, at dishing it out.

Edited by Dukes40

. You weren't ridiculed, someone was direct and they disagreed with you and pointed out that your post was more appropriate in another forum. For some reason, you took offense and posted a giant middle finger. People are free to disagree here, I read the posts and the other poster was direct but not rude or insulting. Instead of backing up your assertions with facts and analysis, you posted a giant middle finger, and then you act like a martyr and threaten to take your wisdom elsewhere.

1- Ya, he pretty much just said here's the speculation link. No big deal. One tiny incident (if you can call it that). Who cares.

2- At the same time, as I've said before, I'd rather see some sort of posts on here rather than none. Not like the posts were SUPER unreleated.

Edited by Dukes40

That link actually makes me happy as including shipping it sold for $26.00 5 days ago. So the trailer had only 5 million views at that time.

Reasons why I think this could be a potential sleeper:

4. According to comic vine this is the first true appearance of Robocop in comics

as the 1987 magazine is just that a magazine, unless you are using Rocket Raccoon Marvel Preview vs hulk cover as a comparison.

The mag is the first appearance.