• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Here are some Spawn Modern issues heating up and driving demand of low print spawn up:

low print spawn:

77- Cog origin story

95-100 - Death of Angela and Malebolgia

117,118 -Anniversary issue. Redeemer

142,143 - devil to pay story

150,151 - Beginning of the End story

very low print spawn:

174-175 - Gunslinger Spawn

178 - Vampire Story

184,185 - Death of Al Simmons Endgame story begins

185-196 - Endgame Story/new Spawn

and of course variants and sketch covers of the above seem to be holding value well.

For those of you who grew up reading the first few spawn issues and enjoyed it, I highly suggest 95-100!

DAMN!!! The store here deffinetly got one in of the Superior Spider-Man variant, but it's first come first serve. Had I realized that issue was coming out today, I would have had it in hand as I type this.

AND, it would have been for like $6-10 MAX!!!

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Edited by Dukes40

Stores that I go to didn't even get the superior spiderman variant (didn't order enough), guess I missed the boat since eBay prices is going crazy and probably won't come back down at all (referencing Campbell ASM black cat variant)

Edited by Top papi

Not to rain on the parade here, but how often does a modern marvel/dc incentive variant actually maintain the price that the issue sells for during pre-sales and the first week of release?

I would love to know everyone's thoughts on this as well.

Having not seen the previews solicitation for SSM #20, was the Campbell variant even mentioned in it? Was this a last minute change that Marvel made to the incentive variant and how much would that have affected orders of SSM #20?

Just based on the sales numbers of SSM #19 versus the numbers of ASM #678, it would seem like the print run of the Campbell variant could be in the same ballpark(1800 vs 1100) as the MJ/Venom variant, assuming it was a 1:50 like the JSC. Could the value of SSM #20 gain even half the value of #678 given that there will be roughly 700 more copies floating around? Or are my number completely skewed?

Not to rain on the parade here, but how often does a modern marvel/dc incentive variant actually maintain the price that the issue sells for during pre-sales and the first week of release?

I would love to know everyone's thoughts on this as well.

Not often.

BUT, rarely, sometimes they become fan favorites, like the MJ Venom cover. This Campbell variant has the best chance of that of any variant I've seen in quite a while.

Just got back from my LCS.. they had the Campbell cover for $29.99! So of course I picked it up!

Now, do I sell or hold? hm

Slab then sell!!!

Hmm... you think the prices will hold that long? It definitely has a shot at a 9.8

Just got back from my LCS.. they had the Campbell cover for $29.99! So of course I picked it up!

HOLD!!! I sold to early on #678, and lost out on probably $300-400 or so.

Also, SLAB IT!!! I didn't do that either.

Slab then sell!!!

Hmm... you think the prices will hold that long? It definitely has a shot at a 9.8

Is not gonna hold, my suggestion is to sell it to me for what you paid for so you won't have to lose out tomorrow when the price drop to $10.09 :D