• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

I thought the book was overwrought and not very good. Might have to sell my copy if I can find it. I can't believe that went for $1,100, insane imho, but good for Rich. I need to get my SS Sandman 1 from him, hopefully soon :wishluck:

Cryptozoic Man #1 negative variant now selling for $14.99 from The Stash's own ebay account. With 'more than 10 available' prices will likely stabilise or drop on that version at least.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRYPTOZOIC-MAN-1-negative-variant-NM-FIRST-PRINTING-/221330286461?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338850277d

Am I the only one who thinks that Cryptozoic Man is going to be a $4 book within 2 months?

While I haven't read it, those who have are not raving. (The reviews go from "not very good" to "it was decent".) The creators are reality stars of a reality show that nobody really watches. And it's from a publisher that does not have any history of "hot" books.

This is not Saga. This is not Manhattan Project.

I just hope people aren't burned too much by this.

I can't believe its doing what it is and agree with you but none of us can say for sure. I, like you , hope people don't get burned, especially inexperienced collectors.

Cryptozoic Man #1 negative variant now selling for $14.99 from The Stash's own ebay account. With 'more than 10 available' prices will likely stabilise or drop on that version at least.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRYPTOZOIC-MAN-1-negative-variant-NM-FIRST-PRINTING-/221330286461?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338850277d

Isn't this kind of like insider trading?

Am I the only one who thinks that Cryptozoic Man is going to be a $4 book within 2 months?

While I haven't read it, those who have are not raving. (The reviews go from "not very good" to "it was decent".) The creators are reality stars of a reality show that nobody really watches. And it's from a publisher that does not have any history of "hot" books.

I can't believe its doing what it is and agree with you but none of us can say for sure. I, like you , hope people don't get burned, especially inexperienced collectors.

Inexperienced collectors are the meat & potatoes of the modern CGC flipper, no?

Correct me if, I'm wrong...

You guys shop for the lowest possible price.

The highest possible grade...

Solicit free autographs.

Slab & resell for the highest possible price.

Then come on the boards with the always insightful commentary:

Monies!

(thumbs u (thumbs u

No. They aren't privy to some sort of info on it that we aren't. It's like Nike releasing a shoe then uping the price (did they?) when demand outweighs supply. Or selling their own product that they created, when it's hot.

Regardless, there's no laws regulating comic selling for more than cover. Even if Hickman or Vaughn know their stuff is going to be ultra-hot, or they know the print run will be low, and they keep 1,000 copies to sell at a high price, they can do that.

No. They aren't privy to some sort of info on it that we aren't. It's like Nike releasing a shoe then uping the price (did they?) when demand outweighs supply. Or selling their own product that they created, when it's hot.

Regardless, there's no laws regulating comic selling for more than cover. Even if Hickman or Vaughn know their stuff is going to be ultra-hot, or they know the print run will be low, and they keep 1,000 copies to sell at a high price, they can do that.

I was partially kidding around.. Isn't the book getting a bump because they pumped it up on the show?

Monies!

..........or racist comments in some cases.

Did you take your methylphenidate yet today?

I did this morning, 54 mg of it.

So either you're just randomly making stuff up, and coincidently were correct.

Or, you've been stalking me, or illegally accessing my medical records, in which case, I would stop that immediatley.

I was partially kidding around.. Isn't the book getting a bump because they pumped it up on the show?

I sort of figured. haha. I guess that was a tad too serious.

And yes. Only reason I ordered it. Kind of cool to read something like that from a show (well, until you actually read it. Then, it ain't so cool.....).

Monies!

..........or racist comments in some cases.

Did you take your methylphenidate yet today?

I did this morning, 54 mg of it.

So either you're just randomly making stuff up, and coincidently were correct.

Or, you've been stalking me, or illegally accessing my medical records, in which case, I would stop that immediatley.

:gossip: Most people just ignore him

I've seen 9.9's that look like they'd barely be 9.8's. And I've seen 9.8's that are absolutely flawless.

Absolutely !

I know grading is subjective and a 9.6 one day is a 9.8 another. The only question when you look at a 9.9 should be "Why isn't this a 10.0 ?"....To me, and most people on here, there is a clear difference between 9.8 and a 9.9/10.0

Solicit free autographs.

Monies!

Maybe so. I think I make a little money on comics that I had the time, money, and forethought to buy that others might not have had one of the above at the time the book was solicited. You are the dealer, I am a collector/reader/secondary market guy. I have absolutely zero problem with you making money. In fact, i hope you make money. I am a pure capitalist. My thoughts were more long term than short, that is all.

I tried to read Cryptozoic Man. I think it's only being carried by mention on a TV show as the story does nothing for me, but maybe someone thinks it's good. It's rather sophomoric to me, but then again, I like sophomoric, so what's up? What is going on?!! Obviously, It's the end of the world as we know it.

P.S. I feel fine.

I tried to read Cryptozoic Man. I think it's only being carried by mention on a TV show as the story does nothing for me, but maybe someone thinks it's good. It's rather sophomoric to me, but then again, I like sophomoric, so what's up? What is going on?!! Obviously, It's the end of the world as we know it.

P.S. I feel fine.

:applause:

Solicit free autographs.

Monies!

Maybe so. I think I make a little money on comics that I had the time, money, and forethought to buy that others might not have had one of the above at the time the book was solicited. You are the dealer, I am a collector/reader/secondary market guy. I have absolutely zero problem with you making money. In fact, i hope you make money. I am a pure capitalist. My thoughts were more long term than short, that is all.

I am a collector/reader/secondary market guy as well....