• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,841 posts in this topic

Sometimes, not always, it appears that store owners get bitter over the fact that people are profiting from selling books, especially if they buy those books from their store.

I remember when my father was a manager for a large automotive dealership and hearing the owner complain about people who bought and sold cars on the side for extra money. His complain was that they 'had no right' because they didn't have to pay all the other expenses that came along with running a business. Rent/lease for building, overhead costs, insurance, employees, etc...

It makes me laugh now how somebody like him wanted the system working for them but not for anyone else lol.

Sometimes, not always, it appears that store owners get bitter over the fact that people are profiting from selling books, especially if they buy those books from their store.

I remember when my father was a manager for a large automotive dealership and hearing the owner complain about people who bought and sold cars on the side for extra money. His complain was that they 'had no right' because they didn't have to pay all the other expenses that came along with running a business. Rent/lease for building, overhead costs, insurance, employees, etc...

It makes me laugh now how somebody like him wanted the system working for them but not for anyone else lol.

Your father and I may have worked for the same guy :roflmao:

The thing is, no one is (hopefully not) forcing anyone to own a business. You choose to open or buy a business and run it. You a) didn't have to get into it in the first place, or b) could try to change careers (not always easy) if you're not happy.

Plus, society and business practices evolve over time. You shouldn't be mad at another busines/person for using a laser printer instead of a Gutenburg printing press, or having prices that are better than yours. Or what if someone runs his or her business on an iPad vs a 486 computer?

Look at the rent thing the owner of the car place brought up. Would he be mad at a dealer whose business was in the suburbs and paying half the rent as a downtown dealer? Would he happily pay the same rent as a downtown dealer if he were in the suburbs and was asked to?

Also, he has to realize, ya, the person is making money from home buying and selling cars, but how many at a time??? I could store MAYBE 2 cars at my house to sell. Maybe a couple more in the summer. And yes, the person doesn't pay for advertising....but......the person doesn't GET advertising.

The thing is, no one is (hopefully not) forcing anyone to own a business. You choose to open or buy a business and run it. You a) didn't have to get into it in the first place, or b) could try to change careers (not always easy) if you're not happy.

Plus, society and business practices evolve over time. You shouldn't be mad at another busines/person for using a laser printer instead of a Gutenburg printing press, or having prices that are better than yours. Or what if someone runs his or her business on an iPad vs a 486 computer?

Look at the rent thing the owner of the car place brought up. Would he be mad at a dealer whose business was in the suburbs and paying half the rent as a downtown dealer? Would he happily pay the same rent as a downtown dealer if he were in the suburbs and was asked to?

Also, he has to realize, ya, the person is making money from home buying and selling cars, but how many at a time??? I could store MAYBE 2 cars at my house to sell. Maybe a couple more in the summer. And yes, the person doesn't pay for advertising....but......the person doesn't GET advertising.

Well said. :hi:

>>Sometimes, not always, it appears that store owners get bitter over the fact that people are profiting from selling books<<

I'm never mad about anybody profiting from the sales of a comic.

Never, never, ever..

I just find it hilarious feigning to care about inexperienced collectors being taken advantage of on the CGC boards.

Like I said before, THAT'S you guys bread & butter...

Larry... I don't know you, I have just been exposed to you for the first time lately, and until now, I was waiting to decide about you. Until those last two sentences, I was not saying anything. But now...

I think you have a little too much hog in your wash, son. Too much jibber in your jabber.

Too much bull in your mess. And this is coming from me, who posts 1000 times a month or so.

meh

-slym

Well said. :hi:

:banana:Thanks.

>>THAT'S you guys bread & butter... <<

You own a comic book store. That's all you do.

Weren't you the one who posted boxes of The Last of Us #1 saying you were holding them from your customers because you knew it would go up in price?

I took a hiatus of over two years. I had less than 9000 posts when I came back in February of this year. If you count from then, 1000 was being conservative.

;)

-slym

Haha ya ya sure sure. Surprised Duke hasn't beet you yet, with the 5 back to back replies in each thread.

Weren't you the one who posted boxes of The Last of Us #1 saying you were holding them from your customers because you knew it would go up in price?

I just like how he paints people that sell here as vultures, looking for the next victim.

-slym

I took a hiatus of over two years. I had less than 9000 posts when I came back in February of this year. If you count from then, 1000 was being conservative.

;)

Haha ya ya sure sure. Surprised Duke hasn't beet you yet, with the 5 back to back replies in each thread.

I didn't know it was a competition.

-slym (has a 15-tap on his resume, do not forget)

I hate that kind of move.

;)

-slym

Hahaha.

The method to my madness is that I'll read from where I left off last time, and reply to posts as I read them. This is usually in the morning. It's the worst when I haven't touched a computer in a few days.

Then come on the boards with the always insightful commentary:

Monies!

..........or racist comments in some cases.

lol

Did you take your methylphenidate yet today?

I did this morning, 54 mg of it.

So either you're just randomly making stuff up, and coincidently were correct.

Or, you've been stalking me, or illegally accessing my medical records, in which case, I would stop that immediatley.

lol

Inexperienced collectors are the meat & potatoes of the modern CGC flipper, no?

Correct me if, I'm wrong...

You guys shop for the lowest possible price.

The highest possible grade...

Solicit free autographs.

Slab & resell for the highest possible price.

Then come on the boards with the always insightful commentary:

Monies!

hm

Do you like drama in your life?

Me, personally.. I don't, but some people seem to not feel alive without conflict, argument, and friction in their lives.

Are you one of them, Larry?

Larry... I don't know you, I have just been exposed to you for the first time lately, and until now, I was waiting to decide about you. Until those last two sentences, I was not saying anything. But now...

I think you have a little too much hog in your wash, son. Too much jibber in your jabber.

Too much bull in your mess. And this is coming from me, who posts 1000 times a month or so.

meh

-slym

oh man, i actually did a little lawl. lol