• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Well, not THE beguiling. I scrambled for a user name.

P.s By the way Jimmy I've purchased from you before on the Bay...ages ago.

Thanks for the Hawkeye #1 Granov!

All the way from the T Dot.

B

yay! Sorry, I had to say something though! I didn't think anyone at the beguiling was a spider-man collector!

WTTB

I have a Tec 27 Lee Variant that will be ending tonight. I don't plan on shilling it, so we shall see if this is truly a $100 book:p

My copy should not be hard to find, if you even care to look.

This makes it seem like something you do on occasion :facepalm:

jennyforyoutoo?

please tell me im not the only one that saw that...

I have a Tec 27 Lee Variant that will be ending tonight. I don't plan on shilling it, so we shall see if this is truly a $100 book:p

jennyforyoutoo?

(shrug)

jennyforyoutoo?

(shrug)

should have seen it. was really funny.

jennyforyoutoo?

(shrug)

I don't always shill my auctions. But, when I do, it is not the Tec 27 Lee Variant. :gossip:

People will interpret statements however they want to, regardless of what is actually being said. I have explained myself and whether or not you choose to understand that, or hear it, is of no consequence to me. The statement was a joke, plain and simple. If you did not get it, then I have nothing more for you. Move along.........

All that being said...book ended at $60 and change with 8 bidders and a boatload of watchers....for what it is worth.

Edited by DigsUT

People will interpret statements however they want to, regardless of what is actually being said. I have explained myself and whether or not you choose to understand that, or hear it, is of no consequence to me. The statement was a joke, plain and simple. If you did not get it, then I have nothing more for you. Move along.........

Even if your post was read out of context, I'd be able to tell that were joking, or that it was in reference to previous posts. It's like these people come in only to shed some blood doh!

Edited by nikocb

jennyforyoutoo?

(shrug)

I don't always shill my auctions. But, when I do, it is not the Tec 27 Lee Variant. :gossip:

i was talking about something completely different. i knew that guy was joking.

All that being said...book ended at $60 and change with 8 bidders and a boatload of watchers....for what it is worth.

Like I said on Wednesday. .. $60 book max. And yes anybody with half a brain knew you were being tongue in cheek with the shill bidding joke. But in fairness to those who took u seriously or called you out on it, saying something like that here is kind of like joking with a flight attendant on an airplane that you managed to sneak a box cutter on board.

-J.

Like I said on Wednesday. .. $60 book max. And yes anybody with half a brain knew you were being tongue in cheek with the shill bidding joke. But in fairness to those who took u seriously or called you out on it, saying something like that here is kind of like joking with a flight attendant on an airplane that you managed to sneak a box cutter on board.

-J.

You're right about that (and a pretty good analogy) but I don't even think he was trying to be funny.. He was trying to do us all a service by providing an example of a genuine value of the book and everyone alerted the TSA immediately!

Ehh....I have a thick skin. I know from time to time that statements may get taken the wrong way. I just chalk it up to lessons learned and move on.

In any case, back to the business of "Moderns that are heating up on ebay!"

:banana:

Completely understood what u meant. I was one of the watchers since I wanted to see where a legit bidding went up to. After yours I think another hit the $60 Mark and others in the 55s with a few BINs at $80s

So nobody was watching the bidding wars on these NM Walking Dead's last night?

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/csc/tmstratton/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=13&_rdc=1

#4 $82.77

#19 400.77

#27 $228.27

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Walking-Dead-27-NM-First-Print-Image-Kirkman-/321289463397?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ace582665

#33 1st print $23.50

#33 2nd print (blue cover) $305!!

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/321289471375?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

#52 $22.00

#53 $120.50

#61 $51.00

#63 $20.50

#92 $80.00

Seller must have a nice stock because they just auctioned off a run like that on Dec. 29.

I love when I'm right about a book. Sex Criminals was not one of those books. lol

I completely whiffed initially by thinking gimmicky but now a 4th print is doing this at auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sex-Criminals-1-4th-Print-Photo-Variant-Cover-Image-Matt-Fraction-Chip-Zdarsky-/201018152546?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ecd9d9662

I know its only a spark but I'm ready for a fire to hit the market again and the positive press and creatively funny covers are giving this one a head start. :applause: