• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Todd #1 had a print run of only 7879, plenty of us here have multiple copies of Todd #1, some even have 20, 25 or more (I got 5), it's not too far off base to say that the bulk of Todd #1's are in the hands of 1000 or so people, maybe even less

There's nowhere for this book to go but up, every issue is a tiny print run

This is true.

I remember ordering 20 copies because I liked the preview in previews.

U mean Todd's first appearance ;)

:insane:

:roflmao:

people enjoy bidding...buy it now's are a buzz kill.

That must be the case. I guess sometimes people get caught up in the moment. (shrug)

It also depends on what else the seller has going. If they have a ton of good stuff and buyers are looking specifically at their goods, not searching for specific books, that can drive up the price.

I was watching ASM #317 last night in two places. One seller had a lot of nice bronze & copper issues, but not in the best quality, as was the ASM in question. The other seller had a much better grade copy but it sold for less.

people enjoy bidding...buy it now's are a buzz kill.

I just now saw this one: (crosspost)

Would you pay $66 for Hulk #181 Universal reprint?

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/400648209827?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

especially when you can get a NM BIN for $20??

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161203720036&item=161203720036&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

That must be the case. I guess sometimes people get caught up in the moment. (shrug)

It also depends on what else the seller has going. If they have a ton of good stuff and buyers are looking specifically at their goods, not searching for specific books, that can drive up the price.

I was watching ASM #317 last night in two places. One seller had a lot of nice bronze & copper issues, but not in the best quality, as was the ASM in question. The other seller had a much better grade copy but it sold for less.

That makes a lot of sense.

I kinda like the "new" GGs look - reminds me of something I imagined when playing D&D and my party would come across a group of goblins & orcs. The orcs were big & scary, the goblins were lean & nasty-looking. Just like that cover.

:)

-slym

WOW!!!! I have a graded 9.8 i bought 4 yrs back for 175.... I wonder how much I could get for it? :wishluck:

A lot more than $300, I would think.

If that genuinely is a 9.6 on ebay, $300 is pretty good value. And, in fact, wouldn't represent that much of a premium to sales in recent years in my experience. GPA is very limited on this book, but you do see a few changing hands every now and again.

I do think that interest might wane a little when Fables ends with issue #150 though. Still it'll always be one of the rarest Vertigo books, if not the rarest.

I have a CGC 9.2 and have long since made peace with the fact that I'm not likely to be able to afford an upgrade any time soon!

Todd #1 had a print run of only 7879, plenty of us here have multiple copies of Todd #1, some even have 20, 25 or more (I got 5), it's not too far off base to say that the bulk of Todd #1's are in the hands of 1000 or so people, maybe even less

Only if it the title gets more popular.

(thumbs u

Supply AND demand. Tiny print runs are no guarantee of appreciation.

On the flip side, Batman 1's large print run was absorbed by demand.

Ya. On the MAX, if 1 copy per person, then only 7,000 + ??500 trade paperbacks + online = the number of readers.

So at the MOST, only like 10,000-15,000 people could actuall be reading or have read this series.

This is true.

I remember ordering 20 copies because I liked the preview in previews.

U mean Todd's first appearance ;)

:insane:

:roflmao:

:mad:

Excactly. I'd much rather pay $15 extra for those if I can get , say, get 10 other comics shippped with it in the same order.