• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,856 posts in this topic

even if it doesnt get made into a tv show, I see it retaining value based on its reading quality.

I was riding the "oh great, another #1 that has sparked up to a $150 9.8 SS" up until I read the TPB - which I couldn't put down and read in one sitting.

really good stuff.

Yes sir +1

Dead wrong with Todd my friend...way too much potential for tv.

Good luck. :foryou:

There's a lot of hope and money riding on TV rumors right now, and I suspect the majority of it will not come to fruition. There are so many stages these projects can fall apart.

Definitely true, but Todd has distinct advantages to most tv speculation books: its format is already set...edgy adult humor destined for late night Adult Swim :wishluck: there's no guess work. As long as Ken appears confident to its tv adoption potential, I see no reason why I shouldn't. :foryou:

KK is a class act! I'd not be too upset to be proven wrong.

Why is it that this book has a giant error on it and no one pointed it out?

Notice it says CHAPTER 6 on the cover instead of Chapter 2.

It might be worth money once people realize whats happening.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-NEW-X-MEN-16-2nd-Printing-Battle-of-the-Atom-Chapter-2-2013-Marvel-/310838274514?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item485f67a9d2

How long before people finally give up on EoW coming back around? Sellers are losing money on 9.8s currently. Raw issues are selling for cover or less.

Its a nice well written book, but many of you are living in a fantasy if you think this book is going to all of a sudden sky rocket or even appreciate a lot. I will route for it if it does because I picked up a few really cheap, but I am not holding my breath.

I wont call this a "Bedlam" train wreck, but this book along with NWM are examples here lately to pass attention too

Waits for the fireworks. From those heavily invested.

lol

I thought EoW was overhyped and over speculated from the get go. However, lately, it's actually setting up a bit more favourably. Monthly orders have settled in at 33K or so, and the TPB sold fairly well. There may be a base of readers developing to absorb the 50K print run of number 1. 2c

Books I wouldn't bet a plugged nickel on are Bedlam, Rat Queens, Todd and Pretty Deadly.

March 2013 East of West 1 49,518

April 2013 East of West 2 41,838

June 2013 East of West 3 39,441

July 2013 East of West 4 43,228

August 2013 East of West 5 36,345

September 2013 East of West 6 33,381

November 2013 East of West 7 32,889

December 2013 East of West 8 31,059

October 2013 East of West Vol. 1 TPB 2,017

Dead wrong with Todd my friend...way too much potential for tv.

Good luck. :foryou:

There's a lot of hope and money riding on TV rumors right now, and I suspect the majority of it will not come to fruition. There are so many stages these projects can fall apart.

Definitely true, but Todd has distinct advantages to most tv speculation books: its format is already set...edgy adult humor destined for late night Adult Swim :wishluck: there's no guess work. As long as Ken appears confident to its tv adoption potential, I see no reason why I shouldn't. :foryou:

I hope you are right as I still have a 1-4 set and spare copy or two of #1 sitting in the boxes, but I did not like Todd at all and will be happy to flip the last copies for more $$$.

I wouldn't lump EoW in with NWM.....E.S. ran the NWM train off a cliff..the only similarity is they're both Image.

I wouldn't either seeing as NWM #1-6 sells for double or more what EoW currently does......

How long before people finally give up on EoW coming back around? Sellers are losing money on 9.8s currently. Raw issues are selling for cover or less.

Its a nice well written book, but many of you are living in a fantasy if you think this book is going to all of a sudden sky rocket or even appreciate a lot. I will route for it if it does because I picked up a few really cheap, but I am not holding my breath.

I wont call this a "Bedlam" train wreck, but this book along with NWM are examples here lately to pass attention too

I agree with you that the EoW was overhyped, but sets of #1-5 are selling for above cover on eBay for the most part. I was getting $30 for sets of #1-5 at the last fall con here. There is demand, but due to the speculation the prices are muted.

Bedlam was a huge turd from the get go.

As much as we all hate the NWM delays, it is still a great read and it still sells for a pretty penny on eBay in sets of #1-6..........

lol

I thought EoW was overhyped and over speculated from the get go. However, lately, it's actually setting up a bit more favourably. Monthly orders have settled in at 33K or so, and the TPB sold fairly well. There may be a base of readers developing to absorb the 50K print run of number 1. 2c

Books I wouldn't bet a plugged nickel on are Bedlam, Rat Queens, Todd and Pretty Deadly.

Touche.. I only got into Todd from your list and haven't regretted it.

In fact I will say its the funniest most enjoyable experience I have gotten from a modern book in years. Doing that TPB signing while stressful, was very enjoyable to do something for the writer instead of the other way around. Which some of have done here to the point that some writers wont come here anymore.

Unlike most I actually like the character and its potential more then the adult oriented book itself. I think the world of Ken and his wicked humor, but that character has more potential I think then anyone knows.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Well, you know I'm getting heavier by the day so while no fireworks...

I just bought a bunch of 9.8s in the last week, so it will be a while for me. lol

I don't expect it to all of the sudden skyrocket but this book has done me well. I'm glad its been steady and is coming back this month from the December dip as are a lot of these books. The spread was considerably better for #1 when it was new but not many books by any publisher clear you double your money after 8 copies but this one still is bringing the ducks. I bought the 9.8s for my PC but the floppies still do okay on BIN and direct sales. Manifest Destiny and Sex Criminals are bringing very similar dollars at this point ( #1-#4) in their respective runs so maybe they will be there also but I see no book outperforming this one from 2013.

I'm still betting on the win. What are you picking to outdo this book from last years' choices or are you skipping all of them ?

Im sitting out most moderns now and shifting focus elsewhere. I never really was heavy into them anyways. Its just a market that brings too many of the wrong sellers for the wrong reasons in our hobby. Or sellers from other hobbies that have no business being here to begin with.

Wait for the fireworks from those who can relate to the above.

Edited by Fastballspecial

lol

Why so down on Pretty Deadly?

lol

Why so down on Pretty Deadly?

I am wondering why too, it's better than most comics that have come out in recent months.

It is showing me too much. I'm getting all of the info you see below. End time AND minutes left. I only need time remaining. Item location. I don't care personally. Accepts paypal. I thought you had to accept paypal on ebay. Right ? Anyway, it makes for an in depth, but over wordy view that requires more focus than normal to search imo.

Thunderbolts Lot 1-5 Deadpool, Red Hulk, Elektra, the Punisher MARVEL NOW!

$5.00

1 bid

+$6.00 shipping

Time Left 3m left (Today 9:10PM)

Item Location Lake in the Hills, IL

Payment This seller accepts PayPal