• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

How long before people finally give up on EoW coming back around? Sellers are losing money on 9.8s currently. Raw issues are selling for cover or less.

Its a nice well written book, but many of you are living in a fantasy if you think this book is going to all of a sudden sky rocket or even appreciate a lot. I will route for it if it does because I picked up a few really cheap, but I am not holding my breath.

I wont call this a "Bedlam" train wreck, but this book along with NWM are examples here lately to pass attention too

Waits for the fireworks. From those heavily invested.

Well, you know I'm getting heavier by the day so while no fireworks...

I just bought a bunch of 9.8s in the last week, so it will be a while for me. lol

I don't expect it to all of the sudden skyrocket but this book has done me well. I'm glad its been steady and is coming back this month from the December dip as are a lot of these books. The spread was considerably better for #1 when it was new but not many books by any publisher clear you double your money after 8 copies but this one still is bringing the ducks. I bought the 9.8s for my PC but the floppies still do okay on BIN and direct sales. Manifest Destiny and Sex Criminals are bringing very similar dollars at this point ( #1-#4) in their respective runs so maybe they will be there also but I see no book outperforming this one from 2013.

I'm still betting on the win. What are you picking to outdo this book from last years' choices or are you skipping all of them ?

How long before people finally give up on EoW coming back around? Sellers are losing money on 9.8s currently. Raw issues are selling for cover or less.

Its a nice well written book, but many of you are living in a fantasy if you think this book is going to all of a sudden sky rocket or even appreciate a lot. I will route for it if it does because I picked up a few really cheap, but I am not holding my breath.

I wont call this a "Bedlam" train wreck, but this book along with NWM are examples here lately to pass attention too

I'm not as heavily invested in EoW as most, but I guess id have to disagree. I have no evidence to support my claim here, but I think it will steadily rise...especially considering it's projected to last 50+ issues (or 16 years for those of you counting by Nowhere Men time).

It's a top seller from the LCSs in my area. IF (and only if) the book fulfils its 50+ issue projection, I think demand will be slowly driven by the quality of the story, not by tv/movie speculation...kinda like YTLM........kinda. 2c

This is my thinking too. This isn't just a top stack book for me. Its THE top of the stack. Rat Queens, Todd, and now Manifest Destiny are right next to it.

I'm a little bit invested in EoW. I still have 50 raw #1s. I think the the time to sell has passed. However, I don't mind holding on just in case there is a some sort of TV/Movie rumor. Living on a prayer here, but alot of us are.

I'm a little bit invested in EoW. I still have 50 raw #1s. I think the the time to sell has passed. However, I don't mind holding on just in case there is a some sort of TV/Movie rumor. Living on a prayer here, but alot of us are.

Thats the thing. Those 50 cost between $100 on the low and $114 on the high if you pre-ordered. I would hypothetically be willing to buy all I can get my hands on for that price... lol

Thats the thing. Those 50 cost between $100 on the low and $114 on the high if you pre-ordered. I would hypothetically be willing to buy all I can get my hands on for that price... lol

I remember I pre ordered mine from DCB for under $2.00. I want to say it was $1.65 per issue? I got to double check my receipt.So it's not that crazy of a loss.

EoW is projected to be a 50+ run book and people are calling it a flop at issue 8?

I sold a few graded copies of #1, Ghost and FP and am heavily in the green on this book currently, so I don't mind waiting.

lol

Helheim gets the worst rap ever. I really like the book. It wasn't hugely profitable but wasn't terrible either. I think I still have a few sets but its been since summer since I've looked at them. I am going to buy the next arc but 1 each. lol

lol

I thought EoW was overhyped and over speculated from the get go. However, lately, it's actually setting up a bit more favourably. Monthly orders have settled in at 33K or so, and the TPB sold fairly well. There may be a base of readers developing to absorb the 50K print run of number 1. 2c

Books I wouldn't bet a plugged nickel on are Bedlam, Rat Queens, Todd and Pretty Deadly.

Dead wrong with Todd my friend...way too much potential for tv.

Good luck. :foryou:

There's a lot of hope and money riding on TV rumors right now, and I suspect the majority of it will not come to fruition. There are so many stages these projects can fall apart.

Dead wrong with Todd my friend...way too much potential for tv.

Good luck. :foryou:

There's a lot of hope and money riding on TV rumors right now, and I suspect the majority of it will not come to fruition. There are so many stages these projects can fall apart.

Definitely true, but Todd has distinct advantages to most tv speculation books: its format is already set...edgy adult humor destined for late night Adult Swim :wishluck: there's no guess work. As long as Ken appears confident to its tv adoption potential, I see no reason why I shouldn't. :foryou:

even if it doesnt get made into a tv show, I see it retaining value based on its reading quality.

I was riding the "oh great, another #1 that has sparked up to a $150 9.8 SS" up until I read the TPB - which I couldn't put down and read in one sitting.

really good stuff.