• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I'll keep :wishluck: for you.

I only have one very small little wish. A year or 2 from now, they give East of West the Game of Thrones/The Tudors/Deadwood HBO treatment. :devil:

Networks have made tremendous strides in recent years and the quality of their shows has increased exponentially. Take a look at TWD, Sleepy Hollow, Revolution, Black Sails, etc. and you get the idea. I don't know stories like EOW and Saga would appeal to a lot of people but they are no farther out than Game of Thrones imo.

It's pretty funny, though, in Game of Thrones (just finished Season 2), like the "big" battle scenes, how you can still tell it's a TV show because they keep the filming VERY tight, don't pan out. You can tell it's still a limited budget, limited scope, and that they kind of hit the wall in terms of what they can do.

You need to finish season 3 there are scenes in that that look like Lord of the Rings. Watch for a massive marching army scene...

I lost track of my seasons. lol

I only have one very small little wish. A year or 2 from now, they give East of West the Game of Thrones/The Tudors/Deadwood HBO treatment. :devil:

Networks have made tremendous strides in recent years and the quality of their shows has increased exponentially. Take a look at TWD, Sleepy Hollow, Revolution, Black Sails, etc. and you get the idea. I don't know stories like EOW and Saga would appeal to a lot of people but they are no farther out than Game of Thrones imo.

It's pretty funny, though, in Game of Thrones (just finished Season 2), like the "big" battle scenes, how you can still tell it's a TV show because they keep the filming VERY tight, don't pan out. You can tell it's still a limited budget, limited scope, and that they kind of hit the wall in terms of what they can do.

I know you don't get the Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, or even King Arthur with Clive Owen type battle scenes but the story is still wonderfully bittersweet. I can't wait for seson 3.

That is an underrated film.

I agree. Love it and have found an excuse to watch it with numerous first time viewers.

The thing is, in the books Martin glosses over the big battle scenes as well. He cares more about leading up to and the aftermath than the battle itself.

I kind of wish it was The Massive instead. I think that story has the most potential for massive success. Modern day pirates, environmental disaster, adventure.

I agree - I could easily see The Massive as a TV show. Production wouldn't be a budget killer either.

If Harbinger is a Wannabe X-Men, couldn't you say X-O Is a wannabe Iron Man?

Only if you've never read X-O Manowar and Iron Man. :baiting:

X-O Manowar is an amalgamation of several heroes: Captain America (man out of time), Iron Man (armor suit), and Conan (barbarian). The character has bits and pieces of all these heroes, but doesn't really relate directly to any of them. The otherworldly origin of the X-O Manowar armor also further distances the character from Iron Man.

So THIS is X-O Manowar?

ComboMan01.jpg

lol

And an impressive run of 9 posts in a row ...

Edited by rjrjr

Impressive. I have exactly 1 super nice copy of this and it hasn't been CGC'd but that makes it very tempting.

:o

The #1 variant $75

http//www.ebay.com/itm/The-Strain-1-Variant-Cover-NM-First-Print-Guillermo-Del-Toro-FX-TV-Series-/131108681341?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e86afb67d

I keep getting low ball message offers on my 9.8 lol no thanks.

Alright, I'll quit using my fake names... :roflmao:

i wanted to send him a message on ebay like hello I would like to low ball you what is the lowest you will accept. lol

Edited by emezy360

I have a request. When you guys post a picture, or an ebay link. Can you please discribe what your photo is of. Or what your link will lead the visionally inpaired/blind or whatever spooning p.c. name you want to call my blind a--. thank you guys.

the comicpimp vip out

p.s. how about uncanny x-men 189 witch is a days of future flashback. it is the origin of Rachiel summers.

I know the strain has gotten hot maybe i am asking to much for the one I have for sale in my one sales thread and the two I was trying to sell privately to a boardie because neither the boardie has responded for the ones I emailed him or no offers on the one I have listed on the board. Guess it may be a hit or miss with these.