• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

I know the strain has gotten hot maybe i am asking to much for the one I have for sale in my one sales thread and the two I was trying to sell privately to a boardie because neither the boardie has responded for the ones I emailed him or no offers on the one I have listed on the board. Guess it may be a hit or miss with these.
With a book like this, any fans of the comic have their copy and there are no fans if the show yet. The only people buying books like that now are speculators and speculators are really gun shy about paying a premium for a book like this. The next best time to sell is just before the first episode airs, but I still think most people will wait to see if the show is any good before shelling out very much over cover.

I know the strain has gotten hot maybe i am asking to much for the one I have for sale in my one sales thread and the two I was trying to sell privately to a boardie because neither the boardie has responded for the ones I emailed him or no offers on the one I have listed on the board. Guess it may be a hit or miss with these.
With a book like this, any fans of the comic have their copy and there are no fans if the show yet. The only people buying books like that now are speculators and speculators are really gun shy about paying a premium for a book like this. The next best time to sell is just before the first episode airs, but I still think most people will wait to see if the show is any good before shelling out very much over cover.

+1 Words of wisdom.

I'm in the same boat with Sheltered sets. Prices are all over. Still keeping a set on eBay, you never know who will pull the trigger on a BIN, but I'm really just waiting till something formulates with the movie before I expect to see people buying sets at a premium.

I thought Sheltered wasn't very good. Now saying that I made a few $ of a sale on it, but I wont miss even if they make a show. (This also means that the show will be a huge hit.)

They Strain currently is in high demand. I got a NM+ copy that's had 4 offers so far and a tremendous amount of watchers in 2 days. The story is at least more interesting.

I posted in Comics general about this. But I found a Man of steel 18 5th printing today at a rummage sale. Is this a book that will continue to climb or has it reached its ceiling? How much rarer is it than the others?

0ojf.jpg

Edited by carguy8022

I posted in Comics general about this. But I found a Man of steel 18 5th printing today at a rummage sale. Is this a book that will continue to climb or has it reached its ceiling? How much rarer is it than the others?

0ojf.jpg

It's not worth much. I'll take it off your hands. :whistle::grin:

Great find by the way. (thumbs u

I'm holding off on my Strain #1's I believe the show could be good if they do it right. #1's at $50 right now could seem real cheap in a year.

They're putting MASSIVE amounts of money behind promoting this show. The book is a proven hit, already has a fan base, 9.8's will sell for crazy money closer to the shows release IMHO. I just sent in quite a few #1 variants for grading.

We put our pre sale up for the various ASM1 covers last night and had 3,500 attempted orders in the first 10 mins crashing the server.

Midtowns, Orderable Campbell's, Ross's and Blanks are all in high demand.

I predict the 3 Spidey Cambells from Midtown will be HUGE and no one is even sure what the third book in the set will be yet. (my money is on Spidey 2099 but that is just a guess).

Don't say you weren't warned.

I'm holding off on my Strain #1's I believe the show could be good if they do it right. #1's at $50 right now could seem real cheap in a year.

They're putting MASSIVE amounts of money behind promoting this show. The book is a proven hit, already has a fan base, 9.8's will sell for crazy money closer to the shows release IMHO. I just sent in quite a few #1 variants for grading.

Would you guys grab #2s for cover, or any other books other than the first issue for cover? I see the print run for the first series dwindles steadily after #1 (issue 2 around 7k).

It's still blowing my mind how good the IDW TMNT books are doing. I just picked up issues #1 - #25, all micro series and Foot Clan from a buddy of mine. The best part is that the first 6 issues are all signed and sketched with a little turtle sketch by Eastman. Not even sure where to start on this one.

Also snagged 2 copies of Preacher #1 yesterday as well as an Absolute Vertigo and got copies of The Strain #1 - #4 today at Hastings.

k, tnx for the link...their search engine leaves a bit to be desired.

Yup, their search engine sucks! I can't find the Midtown exclusive cover A, could someone please post a link?

Thanks asr for posting the link to the mystery cover, bc I couldn't find it either!