• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

All the modern books are most likely speculation. Let's face it. If people only want to read the stories, they can buy digital…

There are definitely people out there that like to have the floppies I like buying Blu-Rays, books, CDs (gasp!) because I like to have the artwork and when I'm older it will be nice to pass along my collection to my kids (instead of handing them an old Kindle or iPod that won't work anymore).

+1

I love my floppies and consider them an entertainment consumption cost. At this point, I couldn't see going 100% digital for my new comics. Too many impulse buys and "oh I want to check that out's" when I browse.

It's back issues I buy on speculation more often, I read all those digital.

Maybe I'm backwards....

Edited by Pete Marino

VLgjqr1.jpg

:o :o :o :o

My thoughts too. Where did you get that clip at???

It's a concept clip that leaked, a trailer is suppose to be coming out in a couple days.

Leaked concept animation, either by a pirate or on purpose, doesn't matter as it's Uber-Cool.

We will have a 2:20 minute trailer on the 18th of Feb.

GOTG for the win!

digital stinks...speculation or not I like holding the comic and flipping the pages. You don't really own it with digital.

When the lights go out and your devices power down and all you're left with is a flashlight in a dark house....floppy comics always come through.

digital stinks...speculation or not I like holding the comic and flipping the pages. You don't really own it with digital.

When the lights go out and your devices power down and all you're left with is a flashlight in a dark house....floppy comics always come through.

+1

As much as I am modern geek and love gadgets and gizmos and such, I'd never buy a digital book. But to each their own. I guess it's good if you really really can't wait to read the book and have no other way to view it unless you buy digital. I'm a patient man, like a Jedi. (or at least I try to practice that) lol

There has been a really nice run of stuff doing well on ebay.

Sandman 1 and 8

I'm seeing Sandman #1 creeping up, but I'm not seeing any particular movement on #8s - they still seem to be selling for the same as, say, last year. What am I missing?

I'm totally the opposite. Aside from collectibles, I'm 100% digital for all media consumption. I've given up DVDs, Blu Rays, Books, and CDs. I can now access every piece of content I want from one device.

The only floppies I still own are those with collectible value. Why have stuff that takes up space and is difficult to find?

Side rant here, but to be honest, I don't know why books are the hardest for people to let go. Most people don't buy CDs anymore in favor of MP3s and iTunes. Blockbuster went bankrupt because of streaming video. It's only a matter of time before most people are comfortable with the idea of not owning paper as well.

The only floppies I still own are those with collectible value. Why have stuff that takes up space and is difficult to find?

Not to single you out - but how do you know what will have "collectible value" years down the road? IH 271 didn't have real "collectible value" until the GotG move was announced. Heck, even NM98 didn't have much collectible value until Deadpool got hot years later.

I am not trying to come off as insulting or demeaning, I am honestly curious as to what you think on this.

:)

-slym

There has been a really nice run of stuff doing well on ebay.

Sandman 1 and 8

I'm seeing Sandman #1 creeping up, but I'm not seeing any particular movement on #8s - they still seem to be selling for the same as, say, last year. What am I missing?

They may be bringing the same. I wasn't watching them that closely last year. I saw this 9.8 at $250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sandman-8-Cgc-9-8-Gaiman-/151214381186?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2335145882

That may be the norm but it seemed like a pretty nice sum for the book.

Not to single you out - but how do you know what will have "collectible value" years down the road? IH 271 didn't have real "collectible value" until the GotG move was announced. Heck, even NM98 didn't have much collectible value until Deadpool got hot years later.

I am not trying to come off as insulting or demeaning, I am honestly curious as to what you think on this.

:)

-slym

No, you bring up a good point. I don't know what will be considered collectible years from now. It doesn't affect me as much because I'm a minimalist. I periodically purge everything in my life that I don't deem necessary so I will likely have gotten rid of anything before it becomes truly collectible.

What I meant was that I only hold on to things (at least temporarily) that I think may be collectible at some point in the near future so that I can realize their value. Or I will sometime buy things if I am trying to build a set, just because I enjoy the hunt and the activity of set building.

Don't get me wrong, I love comics and love reading them. I just don't care for having the physical product to *read* so I only buy things I want to *collect*.

There are markets for collectible CDs and DVDs (and records, etc) as well that have gone out of print or are generally rare. That doesn't mean that people who enjoy collecting those things still use them for the original purpose. They probably just pull out their phone, find a song, and press play.

I will always want my floppies.

+1

Disc and CDs are only held long enough to put in and watch or listen. I still like having the covers for CDs and movies. Albumn covers are cool too.

At any rate, I like holding the comic or trade. From the front page to the last, you hold the book. If comics went completely digital, I will only be buying back issues. lol

I'm totally the opposite. Aside from collectibles, I'm 100% digital for all media consumption. I've given up DVDs, Blu Rays, Books, and CDs. I can now access every piece of content I want from one device.

Simple answer. Because it's my preference.

Organization is key also.

Simple answer. Because it's my preference.

Organization is key also.

Sorry, it was a rhetorical question meant to state my opinion. I understand that others have different preferences.