• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

That and in my opinion, Preacher and Sandman are the first books that pop into most people's thoughts when you mention Vertigo.

Maybe I am off, but I see Preacher as kind of a Tier 2 Vertigo series.

Tier 1: Swamp Thing, V, Sandman

Tier 2: Preacher, Hellblazer, 100 Bullets, Transmet, Y

IE the Tier 2 stuff is great, but isn't part of the "public consciousness"

Hopefully with all of the Vertigo love from the studios, we'll see something happen with Scalped and American Vampire soon.

I've been saying Scalped forever, but with the plight of Native American's it is probably a very touchy thing with studios, but who knows. It would definitely have to be on HBO, or some other channel of that ilk. I still have not finished reading the series but have much love for the book in general.

Northlanders was a great series I never finished either. American Vampire I liked well enough but never got past the 3rd or 4th issues.

That and in my opinion, Preacher and Sandman are the first books that pop into most people's thoughts when you mention Vertigo.

I understand where you're coming from & agree. I think Preacher & Y have the most potential to move to tier 1, however

I understand where you're coming from & agree. I think Preacher & Y have the most potential to move to tier 1, however

I think all of T2 could easily move up to a T1 property, minus Transmet (too zany, too much cursing) ... and i've left out a metric ton of other great series that Vertigo did. I was just thinking quickly off the top of my head for T2.

I know this goes around and around, but I know that #648 has typically sold for more because it's the first full appearance.

I've been snagging #647 though.

First full appearance in 648? No.

She appears in costume in several panels/pages in 647. She appears out of costume and is referred to as Stephanie in several panels/pages as well. The only thing that is missing from 647 is that she isn't called Spoiler.

So, with all the heat surrounding DMZ being the flavor of the week/month, and #1 starting to get some serious love, how come this book isn't doing squat??? Any other publishers' preview books get mad attention when something blows up. Does no one know about this book yet??? (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Y-The-Last-Man-37-2005-DC-Vertigo-Comics-/141168559491?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20de4d4583

its because nobody knows about that book yet.

From what I've seen though, CGC does indeed note that #648 is the 1st "full" appearance of Spoiler.

they aren't infallible.

They aren't???

:jokealert:

Anyhow, it is like the X-Men Annual #14 where Gambit is clearly in like 5 -7 panels or something, but the story was a "flashback", so #266 gets all the love. That surely looks like a pretty full app. on those pages though.

From what I've seen though, CGC does indeed note that #648 is the 1st "full" appearance of Spoiler.

they aren't infallible.

They aren't???

:jokealert:

Anyhow, it is like the X-Men Annual #14 where Gambit is clearly in like 5 -7 panels or something, but the story was a "flashback", so #266 gets all the love. That surely looks like a pretty full app. on those pages though.

You do know that UXM266 was supposed to be on the stands before Annual 14, right? And some scheduling mix-up happened, as the events in Ann. 14 happen after UXM266... right?

-slym

So, with all the heat surrounding DMZ being the flavor of the week/month, and #1 starting to get some serious love, how come this book isn't doing squat??? Any other publishers' preview books get mad attention when something blows up. Does no one know about this book yet??? (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Y-The-Last-Man-37-2005-DC-Vertigo-Comics-/141168559491?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20de4d4583

its because nobody knows about that book yet.

I recall someone somewhere mentioning this comic some time ago so I bough all I could find. Glad I did, they were cheap.