• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Canadian Gold Medal game and True Detective on Sunday.

:cloud9:

None of what I write next is appropriate for this threat so I apologize in advance...

Reading the King in Yellow right now! True Detective is the best cop drama I have ever seen to this point. If it ever does veer into the supernatural Cthulhu fans are going to themselves.

http://io9.com/the-secret-history-of-the-book-behind-true-detective-1528254786

There's even a Grant Morrison connection as some of his reoccurring themes are used by the show's writer who is an admitted Morrison fan.

http://keith-the-pokemon-punk.tumblr.com/post/77028937499/true-detective-just-blew-my-tiny-mind

Even the them song is sick, about a cactus that blooms once every 10,000 years and if you watch it unfold you go insane.

I didn't know this was a book. Thanks for sharing. How great is this show ?

Oh yeah, GotG is on fire ! :devil:

Looks like Forever Evil 1 Retailer 3D cover has been doing well, since everyone was holding their breath if the 2nd print would state it or not. I'm glad I held on to mine, just wish the 2nd print had a different color to the cover. Only indication it's a 2nd print is on the UPC box.

Looks like Forever Evil 1 Retailer 3D cover has been doing well, since everyone was holding their breath if the 2nd print would state it or not. I'm glad I held on to mine, just wish the 2nd print had a different color to the cover. Only indication it's a 2nd print is on the UPC box.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=forever+evil+1+3d+9.8&_sop=13

I don't think that is doing well. Compared to the $300+ sales for 9.8 and $100+ sales for raw a few months ago.

I would think Batman 28 steampunk would have been the highest priced one...but I think that cover got the short end of the stick.

1. pretty safe to assume it was the highest printed

2. it doesn't have tits

3. its completely forgettable and boring

No quoting that lol

But in the long run, the others don't have a first appearance of a character

Yep, AND it's the preview(first appearance) of the Batman Eternal Story Line.

But people can go on thinking it won't be worth anything. I am gladly putting these away.

That would be at least a couple of us. It appears a lot of people are not Howard Chaykin fans. I am one and have been since Star Wars. I will admit his art isn't for everyone but he definitely has a style all his own. I only bought 1 of the Bats 28 covers but I'm not chasing any of the others.

I can see all of these covers being desirable but no more so than the 3D covers at the end of last summer.

Yes, it is real, I got a few offer pending, I got 2 copies of harley 3 variant, one for auction already at $50, and one at BIN with some interest and highest offer at $60

Batwoman 28 is a hot cover, period, plus an americana cover, so thats a HUGE plus for collectors.

Harley Quinn is an awesome cover too.

batman 28, is lame IMO. I like the original cover better.

Edited by brownchikano

Well very glad I grabbed 3x the Batman steampunk variant then....

I grabbed 5 and I'm happy I did. When the Steampunk buzz dies down, this is still the debut of a new major character in the Batman universe.

Yep, the buzz of the Steampunk cover will die and the true relevance of the book will be the reason it stays strong and ends up out performing all the other covers, for the sake of the cover.

Think Joker's Daughter 3D lol

Edited by ZaCrew