• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

WoW..... Can't wait to get my Marvel Preview # 7 CGC 9.4 in and see where that will go.

Uhh..even though it is not a modern.

Edited by THB

I cant remember a time when just a trailer has dramatically influenced sales of books. In under 2 days after the trailer I have sold almost every 1st appearance and related GoG books. I sadly regret selling my Hulk 271s for $30-50 last year.

To a lesser extent Captain America is seeing the same thing. Cap 6 and Cap 359/360 are seeing adjustments as well. We may be entering an age of trailers driving sales of comics in way not considered before. Disney is going to dramatically change the landscape of collecting in the next 10 years.

I hope long time collectors see this as the time to sell because it wont be better then the next 1-2 years for high and low grade.

Where are CA 359/360 selling well? There was a 9.8 that set a new high, but raws are still low.

Has Crossbones been shown in a trailer yet -- or named?

Cap 359/360 are seeing adjustments as well.

My term meaning they are increasing pricewise in sales. Said nothing about selling well.

Although recents sales do indicated an increase in price via BINs. For the record I dont count auctions.

(Why? Because they are stupid sellers if they are doing auctions.)

For the record I dont count auctions.

Snicker...

Because they don't suit your argument.

Value is determined by the average price paid .

I am not going to argue with you because you are looking for one, but I see your point. Its been brought up before not worth rehashing.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I cant remember a time when just a trailer has dramatically influenced sales of books. In under 2 days after the trailer I have sold almost every 1st appearance and related GoG books. I sadly regret selling my Hulk 271s for $30-50 last year.

To a lesser extent Captain America is seeing the same thing. Cap 6 and Cap 359/360 are seeing adjustments as well. We may be entering an age of trailers driving sales of comics in way not considered before. Disney is going to dramatically change the landscape of collecting in the next 10 years.

I hope long time collectors see this as the time to sell because it wont be better then the next 1-2 years for high and low grade.

Riiiiiight...

Where are CA 359/360 selling well? There was a 9.8 that set a new high, but raws are still low.

Has Crossbones been shown in a trailer yet -- or named?

Cap 359/360 are seeing adjustments as well.

My term meaning they are increasing pricewise in sales. Said nothing about selling well.

Although recents sales do indicated an increase in price via BINs. For the record I dont count auctions.

(Why? Because they are stupid sellers if they are doing auctions.)

For the record I dont count auctions.

Snicker...

Because they don't suit your argument.

Value is determined by the average price paid .

I am not going to argue with you because you are looking for one, but I see your point. Its been brought up before not worth rehashing.

Riiight...

Edited by LarrysComics

Okay, if that copy that you can't even see with bad pic and still in the bag sold for that, I might just go and put my strict 9.4+ dupe. copy up tonight for $300.

Thoughts?

Okay, if that copy that you can't even see with bad pic and still in the bag sold for that, I might just go and put my strict 9.4+ dupe. copy up tonight for $300.

Thoughts?

Sure

Preachers big 3 are scorching hot 1, 2 and 13. Totally regret not pulling the trigger back in December for complete run.

I'm just really happy Ween gave the heads up about #13. :)

:D

Set up a a small show in dec with a full run of Preachers and put them all in a $3 box except #1....only sold a handful at the show.

At the beginning of the convention we set up at today (1st one since then) I pulled the remaining Preachers out of those $3 dollar boxes and am shocked to say that the #13 was still there! :o

Thanks Ween! (worship)

I looked for a #13 today at my lcs...nope. But they had 12 and 14 :tonofbricks:

Got another #13 last week for $4 at a shop that should know better. Seems like the further away from the city I go, the more I'm finding them. I love having a car :grin:

I looked for a #13 today at my lcs...nope. But they had 12 and 14 :tonofbricks:

Got another #13 last week for $4 at a shop that should know better. Seems like the further away from the city I go, the more I'm finding them. I love having a car :grin:

Luckily, I already had a nice NM+ copy that will be making its way to Sarasota in the near future. :)

I just wish I still had my #1 CGC 9.6 Signature Series that I sold a couple of years ago. :cry:

Edited by Shark

After tonight's episode, this will be an interesting auction to watch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271404273206?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by awakeintheashes

With MD #1 selling that much in 9.8 slabbed, one would think raw NM copies would be selling better than Saga #1 raws, but many copies still priced at $15-20?

I don't get it...

Saga #1 9.8 avg around $130

Raw #1 NM Avg's about $80

MD #1 9.8 (one sold for $200+

MD #1 NM avg's about $15-20

WTF