• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

With MD #1 selling that much in 9.8 slabbed, one would think raw NM copies would be selling better than Saga #1 raws, but many copies still priced at $15-20?

I don't get it...

Saga #1 9.8 avg around $130

Raw #1 NM Avg's about $80

MD #1 9.8 (one sold for $200+

MD #1 NM avg's about $15-20

WTF

yeah...I was thinking the same hm

Could this be the turning point???

Edited by Holden Caulfield

Okay, if that copy that you can't even see with bad pic and still in the bag sold for that, I might just go and put my strict 9.4+ dupe. copy up tonight for $300.

Thoughts?

lmao. you and everyone else with a nm copy in their long boxes. personally i don't see any gotg related book going anywhere but up well into the summer.

remember this movie doesn't even come out until august, the hype will be full steam until then. still plenty of press and advertising to come.

with that said i will still be listing one of my copies tomorrow just in case that 150 was a real auction. lol.

Edited by Mike-Honcho

With MD #1 selling that much in 9.8 slabbed, one would think raw NM copies would be selling better than Saga #1 raws, but many copies still priced at $15-20?

I don't get it...

WTF

That spread means the MD #1 9.8 slab is over valued.

I don't get it...

WTF

All it means is first to market.

I don't get it...

WTF

All it means is first to market.

This, then a glut and a correction.

There has been plenty of reg MD #1 reg 9.8s to hit the market already.

On the boards and ebay.

I would say they all sold from 50-60 bucks a piece.

This result is crazy...

Yeah, I'm not rushing my stack to cgc just yet, this seems too good to be true.

sigh, might as well trade some abuse for some voice of reason again.

When people know that a book should be selling for around $60-$80 dollars, and the auction has 80-90% of its bidders in that range and below....

....and then TWO and only TWO people magically bid against each other back and forth to $200+ dollars. My suggestion to those observing it, is stop rationalizing and justifying, and rather just ignore.

Don't worry about silly things like bid histories, how great the art is, how many have been submitted to CGC, etc, etc. Ignore it all, DO NOT go out and pay more than you would have yesterday. Don't get sucked in by the BS, be it two over zealous people, or far more likely expert shillers.

Rather, if you have copies, go ahead and list one for BIN $200+ and watch it collect dust to reassure yourself. If you dont have copies, then just sit back and wait, if the rest of the sales magically dont jump (only the asking price), then you can enjoy as the debate switches from why the price was legit, to why other sales havent followed.

I say this not about MD, but about ALL moderns, where an aberrant sale appears, and only one or two users have bid a book up super high without cause, rhyme, or reason.

Edited by CBT

I don't get it...

WTF

Can you point me in the direction of Saga 1 9.8's for $130, please?