• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

With MD #1 selling that much in 9.8 slabbed, one would think raw NM copies would be selling better than Saga #1 raws, but many copies still priced at $15-20?

I don't get it...

Saga #1 9.8 avg around $130

Raw #1 NM Avg's about $80

MD #1 9.8 (one sold for $200+

MD #1 NM avg's about $15-20

WTF

Can you point me in the direction of Saga 1 9.8's for $130, please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-1ST-PRINT-2012-IMAGE-PGX-NM-MT-9-8-BRIAN-VAUGHAN-FIONA-STAPLES-NR-/310808508682?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item485da1790a&nma=true&si=D7qDNwO1%252FITUKd4WGyBMRB6wE80%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

With MD #1 selling that much in 9.8 slabbed, one would think raw NM copies would be selling better than Saga #1 raws, but many copies still priced at $15-20?

I don't get it...

WTF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-1ST-PRINT-2012-IMAGE-PGX-NM-MT-9-8-BRIAN-VAUGHAN-FIONA-STAPLES-NR-/310808508682?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item485da1790a&nma=true&si=D7qDNwO1%252FITUKd4WGyBMRB6wE80%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

seriously, dude? :facepalm:

I don't get it...

WTF

seriously, dude? :facepalm:

is there room on this :facepalm: flight?

I don't get it...

WTF

:roflmao:

I don't get it...

WTF

:roflmao:

Before believing anything (especially on the internet), consider its source.

And Saga has not been losing steam for a while. There was a huge bump from a news article that put copies in the stratosphere. Since that peak it has come down to its "normal" price, and has been hanging around $175 for some time.

I wonder if Rocket Raccoon back issues other than MP 7, Rocket Raccoon 1-4 and Hulk 271 will eventually see some action. I don't think people realize how few appearances of Rocket there are prior to 2006. Plus many of those are pretty obscure:

Marvel Age 25, Hulk 272, Quasar 15 ( This one is my favorite, Mignola cover! ) She-Hulk 44,45,46, Contest of Champions 3, Plus he's some other odd places-Universe X #5, Exiles 73 ( good luck finding the newsstand ) etc.

I wonder if Rocket Raccoon back issues other than MP 7, Rocket Raccoon 1-4 and Hulk 271 will eventually see some action. I don't think people realize how few appearances of Rocket there are prior to 2006. Plus many of those are pretty obscure:

Marvel Age 25, Hulk 272, Quasar 15 ( This one is my favorite, Mignola cover! ) She-Hulk 44,45,46, Contest of Champions 3, Plus he's some other odd places-Universe X #5, Exiles 73 ( good luck finding the newsstand ) etc.

I'm also very curious to see how Marvel Preview 4 (1st Starlord) does. Its Magazine size, so I wonder if something that silly will turn off some people? Its a rather interesting first appearance for a character that it looks like will be making a big jump into the mainstream consciousness.

Regarding Zero from Image...

AT: It’s no secret you have interest from producers and are now writing a pilot -script version of Zero. Will it be a straight translation of the first issue or a new story?

AK: Definitely a new story. Although there are a few similarities, I believe that an adaptation for another medium has to be its own thing, a creation that is made with that specific medium in mind. So that’s the rule I’m following, as I have no interest in writing the same thing twice.

AT: What are you finding to be the biggest differences in writing a screenplay and comic -script so far?

AK: I trained (and continue to train) extensively in both disciplines — and more — ever since I decided to be a writer. This means I come prepared. The main difference in regards to this specific project is this: the screenplay demands simplicity. And I delight in building a simple sentence. I love cutting words out. So it comes naturally.

My approach to writing comics scripts for Zero oscillates between that simplicity and a more baroque approach, depending on the specifics of the story and the artist I am working with. At the end of the day, it’s about what a screenplay and comic -script have in common: absolute clarity in telling precisely the story I want to tell.

AT: So how did you determine the setting and plot of the pilot -script? Did you have to consider the lower budgets TV shows have as opposed to movie budgets?

AK: Let’s put it this way: I am an idealist and a realist at the same time. The format of the show, the setting, all of this is considered from many different angles, economics included. I am completely happy with what I came up with.

AT: So what’s the basic format of the show? Are you thinking about a season-long story arc?

AK: I know what it is, but at this point I choose to stay quiet on the subject.

AT: Television can be very demanding with its main characters, especially anti-heroes. What is it about Edward Zero that you think might make him compelling, if not necessarily sympathetic, as a protagonist to an audience?

AK: Well, that’s pretty simple. Zero is the James Bond for this century.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/24/alex-kot-talks-about-zero-volume-1-an-emergency-look-it-moves-by-adi-tantimedh/

Edited by Gothopia

I'm also very curious to see how Marvel Preview 4 (1st Starlord) does. Its Magazine size, so I wonder if something that silly will turn off some people? Its a rather interesting first appearance for a character that it looks like will be making a big jump into the mainstream consciousness.

Keep an eye on marvel spotlight Starlord vol 2 #6. First marvel "comic book" Starlord. Strange, as this one is the same thing as hulk 271, being first comic appearance of starlord, but has yet to see much action like rocket raccoons first comic appearance...

Keep an eye on marvel spotlight Starlord vol 2 #6. First marvel "comic book" Starlord. Strange, as this one is the same thing as hulk 271, being first comic appearance of starlord, but has yet to see much action like rocket raccoons first comic appearance...

I think the difference is that Starlord is on the cover of his first appearance. RR is not. Hence the increased interest in #271.

I think the difference is that Starlord is on the cover of his first appearance. RR is not. Hence the increased interest in #271.

And Starlord appeared in many magazines before his comic appearance. But I think is is still a Starlord key.